PDA

View Full Version : What is your ultimate Bills moment?

NC-BILLS44
05-07-2003, 08:38 AM
Mine has to be Don Beebe catching up to Leon Lett and knocking the ball loose. I know this probably isn't a favorite to most of you, but I think it speaks volumes for the Bills and Buffalo. Never quit, no matter what!!!!! Beebe could have easily watched the play, I mean Lett scoring wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game (win/loss). He never gave up on the play.

My next favorite has to be "The Greatest Comeback". Never stop believing in what they can accomplish.

"Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills."

Pride
05-07-2003, 08:40 AM
The entire second half of the 1992 Oilers game (Comeback)

lordofgun
05-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Last year's Dolphins game in the snow. I don't think anything will top that until we win it all. You had to be there.

NC-BILLS44
05-07-2003, 08:59 AM
I wished that I could have been there.

Tatonka
05-07-2003, 09:01 AM
the comeback.. without a doubt.. was the most incredible football feeling i have ever had.. i think i went through every emotion that day.. the excitement of racing home from work to catch the game, only to get home and see them down 7-0. an even lower feeling when i stopped the vcr tape at halftime assuming it was just over. and even lower feeling when FR threw the pick for a td at the beginning of the second half..

then excitement started creeping back in with every td after that.. to the point when we actually took the lead.. i had goosebumps...

then an INTENSE fear when they tied it up to go to OT.. i thought for sure, that was it.. we are going to lose after all this!!

then it was almost orgasmic winning in OT like that.

incredible incredible feeling.. no other sporting event ever has come close in comparison to that game.

pmoon6
05-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Too many to name just one!

Turf
05-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Had to be the comeback for me. That and whipping the Raiders in the AFC Championship game and first Super Bowl run, and the first Super Bowl, it was surreal.

Patrick76777
05-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Beating the Fins in Miami for the AFC Championship was sweet. That had to hurt.

Earthquake Enyart
05-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Whipping Don Shula's ass in his last game. :snicker:

eyedog
05-07-2003, 09:50 AM
The Oilers comeback, 51-3 Raiders AFC Championship, AFC Championship win in Miami.

Captain gameboy
05-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Ditto
When Christie hit the field goal vs the Oilers, and the 51-3 route of the Raiders.
Close third.. When H. Preston Ridelhuber threw a fourth quarter option pass for a touchdown and win in a 69 or 70, I forget, preseason game. Only to be cut the following week. The guy had star written all over him.

ct bills fan
05-07-2003, 01:01 PM
My greatest moment is still to come - that first Superbowl victory. I was at the 51-3 raiders game and at the comeback game, but, my life will not be complete until a Bills' Superbowl victory.

Demon
05-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Last year's Dolphins game in the snow. I don't think anything will top that until we win it all. You had to be there.

I agree, that was amazing, esspicially seeing Jim Kelly on the sidelings hugging Peerless Price after the TD. I guess it's a little corny because he happened not so long ago but that game will be one hard game to forget.

Another moment would be Beebe on Lett. We had the game lost, everyone was laughing at us but Beebe never gave up, he showed he had all the pride and passion and heart and didn't quit like others in the game. That play i will remember for the rest of my life.

buffaloscott
05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
So many!!!the comeback,it was blacked out so i had to drive around in my car trying to get GR55 to come in.,,Winning that first div title of the 90's was great beating the fins goalpost comin'down.and i was there....B-slappin' the raider was a great day too.How many times did howie long jump offsides that day???so greatful to have been there that day too...And it was my first sober game in a long time...damn cold day too...loved it.

BufBlue4ever60
05-07-2003, 03:17 PM
It has to be the comeback. I was 14 when it happened, and it was like no other game I had ever watched(or watched since)

A close second is the SB against the cowgirls when Beebe knocked the ball loose

Dozerdog
05-07-2003, 04:11 PM

I think I turned to my wife and screamed "LORD YOU CAN TAKE ME NOW!"

And not you, LOG! (Wiseguy)

Dozerdog
05-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Actually, It was sitting in a wing place in Geneva NY last 4th of July weekend, sketching out on a cocktail napkin this site. The founders of BillsZone like to refer to that moment as "The Geneva Convention" :)

I'd have to say that was the ultimate Bills moment for me.

Captain gameboy
05-07-2003, 04:28 PM
By the way, on the 51-3 thing. Howie Long stopped play by putting his foot on the ball as the exhausted Raiders prepared for another no huddle 2nd and two (that they know they couldn't stop), as Hull prepared to snap it.
I'll see Howie and his wife tonight, as my kid is playing aginst his kid in varsity baseball. I've talked to him about that play/game before and he's been pretty humble. I'm sure he'll be there tonight. Anybody got a questions for him? I'm leaving in 20 mins and will be glad to relay.

BillsOwnAll
05-07-2003, 07:35 PM
defitnatly the comeback..can someone please explain " nobody circles the wagons like the bills" what does that mean lol i dont know hehe

mikemac2001
05-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Well there has been so many i think the top one is the comeback game the whole first half my cusions were talking so much junk they liked any team that played the bills and they were deffintly letting the family hear it but then it suddenly started to become less and less of a hassle it was awesome to see that turn around in there face.

2nd would probally be titans vs bills Revenge game on sunday night football It was just awesome to be there opening day and to get that win felt really nice.

3rd half to be pats vs bills couple years back in the blizzard it was just crazy because we couldnt see anything good game something like 16-13 vinitara game winner but just remember always bring gloves in the winter i forgot mine

LtBillsFan66
05-08-2003, 09:00 AM
I was at a Bills vs. Jets Monday night game in the Meadowlands in the early 90's. 50 yard line seats, first row on the second level. Best seats in the house.

We went down with a little over a minute to go in the game. No fear. Kelly hits Beebe for a bomb and which brings them in the red zone. I think we were down by 4, so we had to go in for a TD. With like 30 seconds left in the game, Kelly hits Thurman Thomas over the middle for a TD and the win. Ah the joy of looking at all the dejected jets fans faces. I felt like the king of the Meadowlands.

Turf
05-08-2003, 09:09 AM
I remember that game. Thurman used to catch a lot of passes out of the backfield like that. Everyone caught on shortly after, and you never saw him wide open anymore. I think Thurman defined the receiving running back coming out of the backfield.

imbondz
05-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001

3rd half to be pats vs bills couple years back in the blizzard it was just crazy because we couldnt see anything good game something like 16-13 vinitara game winner but just remember always bring gloves in the winter i forgot mine

Good advice.

My favorite Bills moment is :

1) 51-3 AFC Championship game
2) The Comeback (I screamed in anger, jumped for joy, cried)
3) Bills 4th AFC title win v.s. Joe Montana's Chiefs (I was there, TONS of snow. Unbelievable)
4) Jim Kelly joining the Hall of Fame

THATHURMANATOR
05-08-2003, 09:55 AM

I agree! and I was at the Comeback game too!

XNOUGHT
05-08-2003, 12:08 PM
The Music City Miracle. Big time. There was magic in the air that night.

oops. Just kidding.

As a Pats fan, it was the game during the 2001 season where you guys had only two wins, and we needed the Jets to lose because if they won the rest of thier games, then they would get a division title and a first round bye. You guys ended up beating the Jets in thier house and it was pure comedy seeing the NY media try to spin that loss.

In a way, you guys helped us win the Super Bowl!

WHOOOOHOOOO! :)

Go Bills!

eyedog
05-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Also the game when they beat Miami to end the long losing streak against them. Goal posts went down. And the win against the Jets in 1988 to win the didvision. Goal posts went down again.

Pride
05-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Oh god, dont tell us that! We would give that win back if that is the case hehe

Good post tho!

TacklingDummy
05-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by ct bills fan
My greatest moment is still to come - that first Superbowl victory. I was at the 51-3 raiders game and at the comeback game, but, my life will not be complete until a Bills' Superbowl victory.

I was at that game too. And I froze my a$$ off.

Mad Bomber
05-08-2003, 07:44 PM
My favorite time at Rich was Jim Kelly's first entrance onto the field. I lived (where I do now) in the NYC area, but was in the Buffalo area because my mother was in the hospital for breast cancer surgery. I had the WONDERFUL opportunity to be in the stadium when Jimbo first took the field. A GREAT ovation and good start to the game....but we lost to the Jest.

Non-live games....NOTHING compares to the comeback against the Oilers. My wife said it sounded like I was having a baby while I was watching that game.

...Unfortunately, I stopped taping the game after the first half, and refused to turn my VCR back on in the second half at the risk of jinxing us...

If anyone has the tape of the second half of that game, could you please share it with me? Let me know!

SABURZFAN
05-09-2003, 12:06 AM
what else?

the comeback

Lone Stranger
05-09-2003, 04:43 AM
The Comeback was great but there is nothing to compare with Super Bowl XXV which I attended. The aura was overwhelming and despite the loss it will remain with me forever.

NC-BILLS44
05-09-2003, 02:52 PM
I was so pumped the day we traded for Drew.

Aero II
05-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Mine was sitting on a plane from Canton to Detroit last summer talking to Fred Smerlas for 2 hours after Kelly's HOF induction. There was a delay in getting off the ground and we talked about everything. His kids, my upcomming wedding (at the time), his wedding, Haslett, wings, and a little football. Fred is the best. Such a great guy.

imbondz
05-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Aero II
Mine was sitting on a plane from Canton to Detroit last summer talking to Fred Smerlas for 2 hours after Kelly's HOF induction. There was a delay in getting off the ground and we talked about everything. His kids, my upcomming wedding (at the time), his wedding, Haslett, wings, and a little football. Fred is the best. Such a great guy.

that is awesome:10:

The_Philster
05-11-2003, 03:59 AM
As far as games I've never been to, it would be the Comeback. If I were to say games I was at, it was the blizzard against the Fish last year.

don137
05-11-2003, 06:19 AM
That would bereal cool sitting next to Freddy on the plane but I am not sure we would have much room between us since I am 6' 4".
Mine favorite moment was the 51-3 game over the Raiders. Nothing went wrong that day and it was such a special feeling knowing the Bills are going to their first Super Bowl. That was the best post-game tailgate party ever.

Aero II
05-11-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by don137
That would bereal cool sitting next to Freddy on the plane but I am not sure we would have much room between us since I am 6' 4".

I'm 6'5". It was one of those 33 seat island jumpers where you have one seat on the left and 2 on the right. Freddie was in the single seat and I was next to my fiancee on the right. The funny thing is that on the flight 'TO' Canton, Fred was on that flight also, but we didn't sit next to each other. Also on that flight was Bruce Smith. It was a great weekend.

pmoon6
05-11-2003, 01:04 PM
I've got a good "Comeback"story.I was living in Houston at the time and went to the sportsbar to watch the game.The bar was evenly split between Bills and Oilers fans(about 100 each)Halftime,all the Oilers fans come over with tissues and are giving us the business,all of us took it in stride saying "the game's not over"End of the game,we returned the favor,but the Oilers fans didn't take it as well.A few altercations broke out,some guys had tears in their eyes,and a few took off their Oilers garb and set it on fire outside. Man,that was sweet and the Oilers fans never came there again.

dolfan25
05-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Mine has to be Don Beebe catching up to Leon Lett and knocking the ball loose. I know this probably isn't a favorite to most of you, but I think it speaks volumes for the Bills and Buffalo. Never quit, no matter what!!!!!

Didn't Thurman quit and give up after the 2nd fumble in Super Bowl 28?

TigerJ
05-12-2003, 10:22 PM
O. J. Simpson gaining over 2000 yards in a single season. Yeah , he's turned out to have some character flaws the size of some mountains, but the man could play football in his day. I was watching as he tore up the defence on a snow covered field.