PDA

View Full Version : 8-8 or 7-9?

VeggieMan14
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Would you rather go 8-8 and end the year with some dignity or 7-9 with a better draft pick? IMO this is obvious I would like to go 8-8 but i just want to know what you guys think

SeatownBillsFan21
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM
I hate the PATS

Joe Fo Sho
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I hate the PATS

Seconded

VeggieMan14
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Secondedthirded

historypete
12-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I said 7-9 because if we win next week, which is highly unlikely because the Pats beat us like a red-headed step child at home every year and they are playing for the playoffs, because if we finish 8-8 and that means Jauron comes back and we go 8-8 next year. That is the big difference in my mind, not so much the couple of draft spots it will give us.

BillsWin
12-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I despise the pats. I hope we kill them.

clumping platelets
12-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Higher pick please

jimbohastle51
12-21-2008, 11:48 PM
i am saying it now and i am sure alot of you agree weather you like it or not (i am not a fan of this) if we finish 8-8 jauron will be back. it is an improvement from last year and he will get a pass because of the extension they gave him prematurely and because of some key injuries. unless we get embarrassed against NE unfortunately i think he'll be back. then again realistically i know everyone has there canidates they want but would you rather have this team with a couple off season upgrades with jauron as the coach or a new offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator type guy who has never been a head coach before coming in and possibly tearing down what we have to his liking and starting all over again. i hate to say it but after the win today and if we win next week or at least its close i would rather stay on this path for one more year and see what the off season brings in for players through the draft and free agency than see our team being stripped down and going in another entirely different direction. remember marv said it would take 3 full years to build so really after this offseason next year would be the playoff year. you cant really count the first year because the new regime has to assess the talent they currently had, and remember we play that first year under juaron without a TON of our best players because we were starting the transition. i dont know, i am not saying he is a great coach but unless ralph is bringing in a REAL head coach i would rather take the talent we have with another offseason of talent and then see what we have than bring in another great coordination that revolutionized whatever LOL, because it didnt work with greg williams (defense) and it didnt work with mularkey (offense) so unless cowher, biliick, or marty wants the job i'll take what we have over 3 more years of hell. besides if we give it one more year and its the same out come there is NO excuse... trent wont be young and inexpirienced and peters wont have held out all offseason (no way the front office lets that happen again) and schobel wont be gone for basically the whole year and we are stuck with no pass rush. not too mention we will have a better starting Center (no way we can get worse at the position) and better pass rush (we are going to add a high draft pick at the least) and another skilled offensive player. maybe its worth it, unless cowher takes the job LOL!

Michael82
12-22-2008, 12:58 AM
I hate the Patriots with a passion and as much as I want to see Dick Jauron get fired, I would LOVE to see the Bills knock the Patriots OUT of the playoffs AT HOME! Yeah baby!!! :dance:

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2008, 02:35 AM
7-9 gets us a higher pick and a higher chance of Dick getting fired.

8-8 still sucks, doesn't get us into the playoffs, lowers our pick and may keep Dick around.

Seems pretty simple to me which outcome is better IMO.

shelby
12-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Dick isn't going to get fired.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2008, 06:06 AM
The Bills will be picking either 10, 11, or 12th.

They have the same record as SD and Houston. Im not sure who holds the tie-breaker between the Bills and Houston. SD should beat Denver. So the Bills will be picking either 10th or 11th depending on the tie breaker with Houston.

If San Fran can beat Washington the Bills could move up to 9th.

zone
12-22-2008, 06:48 AM
I would never wish for a loss, draft picking order does not matter IMO. see Fred Jackson or John McFatso.

Jeff1220
12-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Beating the Pats is the first priority. I think Jauron will be back regardless, and a few draft picks don't mean that much as long as you know what to do with them.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 07:30 AM
DJ isn't leaving town, so it doesnt matter 7-9 or 8-8 and no true fan ever cheers for a loss.

The King
12-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Lets beat NE, I have two six packs riding on this game. Its something we havent done in years, and it knocks them clear out of the playoffs.

Go Trent Go.

bflojohn
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't care what everyone thinks, the plain truth is that IF you EVER hope to compete with the evil empire, what better way to establish that than to beat them with their playoff fortunes on the line! At some juncture, the Bills will have to "grow up" and start making the Ralph a nasty place to play again. I say play to WIN the game.... thanks Herm....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
hw does 8-8 leave us with dignity? we were 5-1 for god's sake!

Philagape
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
1. A non-losing season is somewhat of a psychological barrier
2. It doesn't matter where you draft but how well you draft
3. F the Patriots
4. F the Patriots
5. F the Patriots

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
This is our playoff game!!

Beating the Pats, even without Brady, finally gets the monkey off of our back.

Draft order at this point means squat.

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
its more complex for me, I never ever root for them to lose. However, I wouldnt be altogether disappointed in getting a better pick.

What I really want more than anything is to see Trent play well. Whatever else happens doesnt matter in the grand scheme of the Bills future as much.