SeatownBillsFan21
12-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I dont see why not hes out performed any1 esle latley

jamze132
12-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Evans might be our #2...

The King
12-22-2008, 07:47 AM
I dont think anyone can deny what Josh Reed means to this offense. He's clearly the 2. Johnson seems to be a great spark, but he cant do what Reed does for the running game, and all the underneath stuff.

tampabay25690
12-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Evans might be our #2...

That might be 1 of the dumbest comments I have ever seen....
EVANS by far is the #1
Johnson is a good 3rd or 4th option

yordad
12-22-2008, 08:19 AM
When we go three wide, Johnson should come in as the"number 2", bumping Reed down to the slot. Actually I have been saying this for about 2 months. He has an NFL body, and can also contribute in the running game. Lining up as the number 2 when we are three wide would give Johnson a shot to earn a starting role.

yordad
12-22-2008, 08:20 AM
I dont think anyone can deny what Josh Reed means to this offense. He's clearly the 2. Johnson seems to be a great spark, but he cant do what Reed does for the running game, and all the underneath stuff.In a stat I made up- "Plays per minute", Johnson is up there. He is younger with a lot more potential. He can physically do more.

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Why do people still fail to give Reed the credit he deserves. He has developed nicely, and what the hell has Johnson done , he had 1 catch for 3 yds and a TD.. how does that make him a #2 WR ????

not saying he won't get better but this thought process that Johnson has earned the #2 spot is ludicrous... BUT I do want ot see him play more

yordad
12-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Why do people still fail to give Reed the credit he deserves. He has developed nicely, and what the hell has Johnson done , he had 1 catch for 3 yds and a TD.. how does that make him a #2 WR ????

not saying he won't get better but this thought process that Johnson has earned the #2 spot is ludicrous... BUT I do want ot see him play moreWell, if I was a DB, I would rather cover Reed right now.

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:03 AM
That might be 1 of the dumbest comments I have ever seen....
EVANS by far is the #1
Johnson is a good 3rd or 4th option
One of the dumbest comments you have ever seen? :rofl:

On THIS team Evans is a #1 by default and paycheck. Do his stats support that? NO ****ING WAY. Regardless of who he has opposite of him, he's only catching 2,3, maybe 4 balls a game. Is that a product of the scheme we are running? If so that means he is being sent long every play and the DB has safety support over the top.

I have seen Evans cross the middle a lot this year so I can't fully support the "going deep" theory.

Josh ****ing Reed cought 9 balls yesterday. Are you telling me that Turk couldn't get Lee more involved in the game or are we paying Lee all that money to be a decoy? I understand he is drawing the oppenent's best DB 90% of the time but a good #1 receiver should be able to catch more than 2 ****ing footballs in a 60 minute affair.

The bottom line is that Lee Evans would be a very good #2 receiver. He isn't playing like a #1 receiver.

mysticsoto
12-22-2008, 09:22 AM

On THIS team Evans is a #1 by default and paycheck. Do his stats support that? NO ****ING WAY. Regardless of who he has opposite of him, he's only catching 2,3, maybe 4 balls a game. Is that a product of the scheme we are running? If so that means he is being sent long every play and the DB has safety support over the top.

I have seen Evans cross the middle a lot this year so I can't fully support the "going deep" theory.

Josh ****ing Reed cought 9 balls yesterday. Are you telling me that Turk couldn't get Lee more involved in the game or are we paying Lee all that money to be a decoy? I understand he is drawing the oppenent's best DB 90% of the time but a good #1 receiver should be able to catch more than 2 ****ing footballs in a 60 minute affair.

The bottom line is that Lee Evans would be a very good #2 receiver. He isn't playing like a #1 receiver.

Let's be fair. Evans is often double covered. That makes it alot more difficult for him to get passes all the time. Of course, if we had a viable #2 that could draw attention also, it would be harder to pay so much attention to Evans. Also, if our Oline had more consistency - especially at Center, perhaps the passing game would be better.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Johnson looks damn good and he could be one of those "diamond in the rough" draft picks. But he has a long way to go before proclaiming him the #2.

As far as playing Reed in the slot on 3-wide, well, that's just being smart. Reed is a great slot receiver and using him in that fashion doesn't automatically make Johnson #2 on the depth chart.

mysticsoto
12-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Johnson looks damn good and he could be one of those "diamond in the rough" draft picks. But he has a long way to go before proclaiming him the #2.

As far as playing Reed in the slot on 3-wide, well, that's just being smart. Reed is a great slot receiver and using him in that fashion doesn't automatically make Johnson #2 on the depth chart.

What do we have to lose in having play #2 WR ? The season is over? Why not give him some play time and work on his improvement on the field? We already know what Reed has to offer? At this point, I think we need to give Steve Johnson, Ellis, Bryan, etc more time as we may need them to step up next year!

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 09:52 AM

The only issue I have with playing Reed in the slot is that it does not take advantage of his great ability to block and seal off the corner on the outside run. But other than that he's an excellent slot WR.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 09:52 AM
What do we have to lose in having play #2 WR ? The season is over? Why not give him some play time and work on his improvement on the field? We already know what Reed has to offer? At this point, I think we need to give Steve Johnson, Ellis, Bryan, etc more time as we may need them to step up next year!

actually I forgot to mention Copeland Bryan in my article. He had a ****ty game.

mysticsoto
12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
actually I forgot to mention Copeland Bryan in my article. He had a ****ty game.

The whole DL minus Stroud did!!! I still can't believe we won despite that...

Historian
12-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Still, you gotta like his hands.

Catches everything thrown his way.

Put him on a high calorie diet, and line him up at tight end, lol.

yordad
12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Reed is a great slot receiver and using him in that fashion doesn't automatically make Johnson #2 on the depth chart.Exactly. He has the oppourtunity to progress from there. He is tall, has good speed, and good hands. He is strong also. I'm not saying start him. I am saying have him come in of the bench first, moving Reed to the slot, to see what he can do. Johnson can take it from there.

Akhippo
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
If you have Reed on the field and you run to his side, hes going to block someone. Outside, slot, tightend. So the whole, "he wont block since hes in the slot idea is moot."

tampabay25690
12-22-2008, 05:28 PM

Turk could get LEE more involved if we had someone to actually throw deep......
10 yard passes will never win games..

jamze132
12-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Let's be fair. Evans is often double covered. That makes it alot more difficult for him to get passes all the time. Of course, if we had a viable #2 that could draw attention also, it would be harder to pay so much attention to Evans. Also, if our Oline had more consistency - especially at Center, perhaps the passing game would be better.
I am being fair as I did mention the fact that he is doubled up and he usually draws the opponent's best DB.

But so does every other #1 receiver in the NFL. He needs to get better.

jamze132
12-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Turk could get LEE more involved if we had someone to actually throw deep......
10 yard passes will never win games..
So you are blaming Trent for Lee Evan's stats? That sounds like one of the dumbest things I have heard.

Lee Evans isn't open every time he runs a fly pattern. Trent has proven he can throw the deep ball.

I am assuming you live in cozy Florida. Go pick up a football, drive somewhere it's cold and windy and then chuck it down the field and tell me how far it goes.

yordad
12-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I am being fair as I did mention the fact that he is doubled up and he usually draws the opponent's best DB.

But so does every other #1 receiver in the NFL. He needs to get better.Not every play. If a team has a number 2 that commands more respect, the safeties gotta keep the QB guessing. But when you have the slowest #2 in the league, and he's about as tall as my little sister......

I now Reed is a good blocker. I know he has hands, and heart, and is kind of clutch, can even break a tackle, and is surprising productive as of late...... but he is no star. Who is better: Harrison, Roy Williams, Ocho Cinco, Welker, Bolden..... or Reed? All are "#2s". Not every team has a star, but the successful ones that don't, also don't have Robert Royal and Corey McIntyre on the field.

You gotta have more then 2 "skill" players on the field. Reed is more of a "heart" player, IMO.

mysticsoto
12-24-2008, 07:57 AM

But so does every other #1 receiver in the NFL. He needs to get better.

Evans excels at long balls w/his speed. B'cse other teams need to respect it, they have to play a safety to help cover. That leaves more room underneath and it is why Trent almost always dinks and dunks. They count on Evans drawing the double team to open up the short passes. He does contribute - it's just in a different way...

Moulds was often double covered and disappeared some games. But when you put Peerless Price next to him, he made them pay for that. That's what we need and what I think Johnson has the capacity to become. He may not have the speed that Price had, but he has great hands and is tall for a #2...and I still hope Hardy also pans out though now I'm starting to wonder if he will be best at situational passes.