PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sullivan: Edwards' play outweighs all other considerations

shelby
12-22-2008, 04:25 AM
All right, so the Bills love their head coach. If we're to believe the players, they rallied around the embattled Dick Jauron on Sunday, coming from behind for an emotional, 30-23 victory that prevented an ordinary Broncos team from clinching a playoff spot. The Bills were forced to celebrate in Denver because of the weather back home. Too bad. I'm sure there were lots of giddy Buffalo fans who were ready to brave the elements and rush to the airport to greet the latest Jauron team to make its heroic run to 7-8.
Sorry, but I don't care if they love Jauron. It doesn't matter if Trent Edwards thinks Jauron is the best boss he ever had, or that he loves him to death. What really matters, in the big picture, is that Edwards played that way.
This was a big win, not because it might have helped Jauron, or because it gives the Bills a chance to finish .500 for the first time in four years. It was significant because Edwards got back on his feet and played like the quarterback we saw in the first six games of the season.
After that dreadful, depressing run of seven losses in eight games, fans were desperate for an uplifting sign, for any positive development to take into next season. Edwards was the obvious candidate.
It was Edwards' clutch play, after all, that had everyone imagining big things for this Bills team. We got ahead of ourselves. We allowed a few comeback wins to obscure major shortcomings in personnel and coaching. Because if you have the quarterback in the NFL, you have hope. more.... (http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/529967.html)

jamze132
12-22-2008, 06:38 AM
It would be nice if Trent can play good enough to win next week at home. Hopefully our defense has a better showing next week. Hopefully we don't practice in the ****ing field house like a bunch of pussies.

Mitchy moo
12-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Jimbo had a few tough seasons for the Bills early on but he got better as did the team around him. Edwards has the arm / head and can take a shot, we have our man.

Buckets
12-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Yesterdays win makes the past few losses even more frustrating. Beat the Broncos but loose to Cleveland and the 49 ers???

mybills
12-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Edwards is hot & cold just like every QB the Bills have ever had.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Sorry but you can't just overlook his brutal 1st Q and say all is forgiven. Some Bills fans are so desperate for the next Jim Kelly that even the tiniest glimmer will make them stop being objective.

Mitchy moo
12-22-2008, 07:24 AM
The line playing like crap early / not having Peters in there could have alot to do with that DB.

zone
12-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Yesterdays win makes the past few losses even more frustrating. Beat the Broncos but loose to Cleveland and the 49 ers???

The loss to Cleveland Trent put us in a position to win the game. He played injured for one half against San Fran.

Nothing makes up for the loses, but when the playoffs our out you need to take things away from the game.

Every QB can struggle over the course of a game, it's the ones that can brush it off and put their team in a position to win the game that are special.

Jim Kelly did not play perfect games week in a week out.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 07:29 AM
The line playing like crap early / not having Peters in there could have alot to do with that DB.

His line played like crap quite a bit early in the year too Skoob.When do we stop making excuses for this QB and hold him accountable? Year 4, 5 or 6? He played a terrible 1st Q, and a great 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Its ok to criticize a guy when he plays poorly. Its not going to hurt his feelings, I promise.

The King
12-22-2008, 07:39 AM

his cold is JP's heat wave.

X-Era
12-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Sorry but you can't just overlook his brutal 1st Q and say all is forgiven. Some Bills fans are so desperate for the next Jim Kelly that even the tiniest glimmer will make them stop being objective.

The reverse is true as well... who can come in and play better day one?

Night Train
12-22-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm pleased with the win but Sully is spot on with his article, IMO.

Shanahan coached like a complete tard from the 2nd quarter on, so lets not get blinded by what happened out there.

I have lots of hope...for the next GM & Coach. There is talent here but it's being misused by the current staff.

Where was all this offensive genius in the first 14 weeks ? The D made some key plays but gave up 532 yards (and we still won ?).

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:00 AM
his cold is JP's heat wave.
Actually, his cold is Bledsoe statue-esque.

The King
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Actually, his cold is Bledsoe statue-esque.

Which is still better than anything Losman ever did in Buffalo. I still think the switch to an un-tested JP was a huge mistake for this franchise.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
You watch, Trent's a bust too. They don't know how to pick a great QB. Just average ones.

zone
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Which is still better than anything Losman ever did in Buffalo. I still think the switch to an un-tested JP was a huge mistake for this franchise.
Big time and people wondered why Bledsoe was so disappointed with the organization for that move.

I believe the quote was something like "I will not be a backup in this league especially not to a player like Losman."

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 08:11 AM

actually I think you're so desperate for an instant HOF'er that you are unwilling to let a young QB fight through his own ups and downs and develope. That concussion Trent took in week 5 definitely had an effect to IMO... those thing linger

He took a couple huge hits back there from a fired up Denver team playing at home. He got slammed on a blitz that no one picked up. Our entire team looked like crap early on, but Edwards didn't cave , he took the licks and got better as the game went on.

No excuses for Edwards at all.. the man is our starting QB and will be next year and rightfully so. Just compare his 1st 2 years to many of the other starters in the league and thier 1st 2 years.... Edwards is on par with many other QB's that have developed.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Which is still better than anything Losman ever did in Buffalo.
Are you kidding me? Trent stood there like a Bledsoe statue in 3 division games in a row, like he completely forgot how to play the game, and you think that's better than anything JP ever did?

:rofl:

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
actually I think you're so desperate for an instant HOF'er that you are unwilling to let a young QB fight through his onw ups and downs and develope.

He took a couple huge hits back theer from a fired up Denver team playing at home. He got slammed on a blitz that no one picked up. Our entire team looked like crap early on, but Edwards didn't cave , he took the licks and got better as the game went on.

No excuses for Edwards at all.. the man is our starting QB and will be next year and rightfully so. Just compare his 1st 2 years to many of the other starters in the league and thier 1st 2 years.... Edwards is on par with many other QB's that have developed.

How am I desperate for a HOF'er exactly? I haven't once in this thread said Edwards is not the guy for us. All I said is that to discount his 1st Q because it was brutal and just praise is last three is being an ignorant fan.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 08:15 AM
The reverse is true as well... who can come in and play better day one?

I dont think anybody is making the case for somebody who could come in and play better day one. So not sure why you went there, every QB in this class needs to sit for at least a full season before playing.

The King
12-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Are you kidding me? Trent stood there like a Bledsoe statue in 3 division games in a row, like he completely forgot how to play the game, and you think that's better than anything JP ever did?

Yes.

In all honesty JP is one of the worst QB's I have ever witnessed. In 20 years of watching football. I can sincerely tell you, I think JP Losman is a terrible QB

zone
12-22-2008, 08:25 AM

JP Losman may be the worst QB to ever play in the NFL, he did absolutely nothing for this organization.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Yep, and Trent's ABOVE average! :rofl:

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Trent has beat a team that was winning their division and if would have won they would have clinched the division. I would say thats more than what JP has ever done.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:34 AM
anything to take your eyes off how average TE is.

If by some miracle Trent's 3rd year improves him into a great QB, then that's wonderful, but right now I don't see it happening. I'm seeing a repeat of JP only different strengths.

The King
12-22-2008, 08:36 AM

Trents 85.6 QB Rating is 15th in the NFL.

Any guesses as to where JP's 62.3 lands him?

The King
12-22-2008, 08:37 AM
BTW wait until, TE beats New England Sunday.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:38 AM
BTW wait until, TE beats New England Sunday.
I hope he does.

btw, Captain Obvious is an idiot.

zone
12-22-2008, 08:38 AM

If by some miracle Trent's 3rd year improves him into a great QB, then that's wonderful, but right now I don't see it happening. I'm seeing a repeat of JP only different strengths.
No... The last 2 weeks were the Lossman repeats.

If you can't tell the difference between the 2 qb's then your football evaluating ability is way off.

The King
12-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I hope he does.

btw, Captain Obvious is an idiot.

Im done debating though only one more week and we're done with him

Philagape
12-22-2008, 08:39 AM
How am I desperate for a HOF'er exactly? I haven't once in this thread said Edwards is not the guy for us. All I said is that to discount his 1st Q because it was brutal and just praise is last three is being an ignorant fan.

Does three quarters not outweigh one quarter? Does the vast majority of the game -- not to mention the outcome -- not matter when deciding whether to criticize or praise?
The big picture is the offense scored 30 points, on the road, overcame adversity, didn't turn the ball over. It's the big picture that matters. Complaining that it wasn't perfect is petty.

Philagape
12-22-2008, 08:40 AM

And your analysis is obviously objective.

Mitchy moo
12-22-2008, 08:41 AM

Just tell me who you would rather have the ball within the current situation, I'll take a half healthy Trent anyday. Trent never mentioned the HOF, is unassuming and says things as a educated mind. He is the smartest QB we have ever had and has just over one season under his belt. Given time, I think Trent makes us winners.

You keep the ghosts out of the house and have a great holiday.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:42 AM
No... The last 2 weeks were the Lossman repeats.

If you can't tell the difference between the 2 qb's then your football evaluating ability is way off.
this has nothing to do with what I posted.
JP is a scrambler/big arm. Trent is a pocket/quick release.
If you can't tell the difference between the two, then your football evaluating ability is way off.

zone
12-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Does three quarters not outweigh one quarter? Does the vast majority of the game -- not to mention the outcome -- not matter when deciding whether to criticize or praise?
The big picture is the offense scored 30 points, on the road, overcame adversity, didn't turn the ball over. It's the big picture that matters. Complaining that it wasn't perfect is petty.
Not to mention in cold weather, a hard stadium to win in, and to a team that if they won would have been in the playoffs (so they had something to play for).

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM
And your analysis is obviously objective.
Yes. As I've said countless times, I don't hate either QB, so if you want me to, sorry.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Just tell me who you would rather have the ball within the current situation, I'll take a half healthy Trent anyday.
WHAT? I can't believe you even asked me that. Trent of course. C'mon, Skoob! :shakeno:

zone
12-22-2008, 08:49 AM
this has nothing to do with what I posted.
JP is a scrambler/big arm. Trent is a pocket/quick release.
If you can't tell the difference between the two, then your football evaluating ability is way off.

It certainly does, your post was claiming that Edwards career/progression is a repeat of Lossman's, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

JP sucks at scrambling and just because he throws a ball hard does not make it a strength, see the game last week for examples of all the overthrows.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:52 AM
It certainly does, your post was claiming that Edwards career/progression is a repeat of Losman's, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I know you hate it when anyone doesn't say Trent's great, but...he's not.
He's as average as JP was in his 2nd year. Sorry if my opinion pisses you off.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM

Did I say it didnt somewhere?

Does the fact that Trent has put together a total of 1 maybe 2 complete games all year, doesnt matter?

Nobody jumped to the conclusions you assume I am. I have made no comment one way or another about Trent's overall performance. Except to say he played like crap in the 1st Quarter but was great in the other three.

The big picture is that our QB future is no clearer than it was on Saturday. Trent showed he could win a cold weather game, Im not going to get into the petty part about Denver gift wrapping it, or anything else really, because Id like to think the Bills earned this one. Do I think beating Denver is some big accomplishment though? No, they are probably the most inconsistent team in the league, but its good to get another win, hopefully it leads us to beating NE next weekend.

Philagape
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Did I say it didnt somewhere?

Does the fact that Trent has put together a total of 1 maybe 2 complete games all year, doesnt matter?

Nobody jumped to the conclusions you assume I am. I have made no comment one way or another about Trent's overall performance. Except to say he played like crap in the 1st Quarter but was great in the other three.

The big picture is that our QB future is no clearer than it was on Saturday. Trent showed he could win a cold weather game, Im not going to get into the petty part about Denver gift wrapping it, or anything else really, because Id like to think the Bills earned this one. Do I think beating Denver is some big accomplishment though? No, they are probably the most inconsistent team in the league, but its good to get another win, hopefully it leads us to beating NE next weekend.

Your first post in this thread zoomed in on the first quarter, and the tone was clear. And I'm just talking about this game, which doesn't make up for the horrendous midseason stretch.

The King
12-22-2008, 09:07 AM
One thing that i think should go noticed, is that we really didnt have the running game we expected this year. So a little more balance early on and we could be in a better situation next season. Both Freddy and BM kicked in gear late.

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I know you hate it when anyone doesn't say Trent's great, but...he's not.
He's as average as JP was in his 2nd year. Sorry if my opinion pisses you off.

he's a heluva alot better the JP was/is... Trent doens't turn the ball over as much or during crucial moments and doesn't get sacked as much, and Trent manages the game which JP never did well...

Trent also has the teams respect something JP never really had either

Check out JP's sack, fumble, INT's, YPG and Yds/Attempt in comparison to Trent's

JP
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6781/index.html

Trent
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/8346/index.html

Trent is definitley better the JP, and I beleive Trent will continue to get better. JP hit a peak and never got better, he regressed.

trapezeus
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
mybills, as you can tell from her avatar, is clouded by her love of JP's looks (of lack thereof).

To think that Trent has played like JP in 2006 is laughable. JP is a stat padder type QB who plays well at the end of a game when it's out of reach. he dinks and dunks to close the margin of the loss.

Trent has actually proved when the game is on the line, he has the tools to overcome even a bad game and set up a chance to win.

I still think Trent has more to prove, but to say that Trent and JP are ever in the same league shows your bias towards JP.

I was actually in a bar this week and sat next to Boomer Esiason. He was talking to his 3 pals and they were chatting football. Boomer even said that JP's chances of playing after that Jet game took a severe hit.

Only Bills fans can clamour about a total reject like losman. The rest of the NFL has spoken. they won't trade for him, they won't sign him, they won't like his cancerous play come close to their team.

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 09:16 AM

every QB in the league has a crappy quarter, its how you respong to it that defintes a QB... the fact is Trent has had a bunch of slow starts but he finishes strong... That's a trait I like in a QB... how is he in the 4th quarter.

2 years and he shows some ability that many other good to great QB's have shown. What he does next year is still a question mark, does he progress or regress... and we definitley need a vet backup capableof coming in and mentoring... but Trent is our starter in 2009 and rightfully so.

things I'd like to see Trent get better at

1.) the long ball
2.) staying healthy
3.) getting off to a faster start in games
4.) Red Zone production

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I would say he was a bit rusty...

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Your first post in this thread zoomed in on the first quarter, and the tone was clear. And I'm just talking about this game, which doesn't make up for the horrendous midseason stretch.

Yes simply making the point that for as good as Trent played on Sunday in the final three quarters we cannot ignore the one quarter he did not play well in. That's our biggest issue, imo. A guy has a great couple of plays, but we ignore the bad stuff he did during other parts of the game. See Op's post game article about Whitner who made the hit and strip but got burned by Royal too. Was simply pointing it out, not being a stickler or Trent hater.

mybills
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
mybills, as you can tell from her avatar, is clouded by her love of JP's looks (of lack thereof).

My avatar is in response to people thinking I think he's good looking, so that MUST mean that I want him as our QB. That's freaking laughably stupid on their part.
And every one of you guys who says he's not good looking, is just jealous of his good looks. :D

btw, I never said they were in the same league - ability wise. :rolleyes:

Historian
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Jimbo had a few tough seasons for the Bills early on but he got better as did the team around him. Edwards has the arm / head and can take a shot, we have our man.

GTFOH!

You're on drugs.

mybills
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes simply making the point that for as good as Trent played on Sunday in the final three quarters we cannot ignore the one quarter he did not play well in. That's our biggest issue, imo. A guy has a great couple of plays, but we ignore the bad stuff he did during other parts of the game. See Op's post game article about Whitner who made the hit and strip but got burned by Royal too. Was simply pointing it out, not being a stickler or Trent hater.
Give up, DB. Trent's perfect. :gag:

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM

The reason I'm 3 for 3 predicting Bills outcomes had everything to do with who the QB was.

Edwards beat a team with a winning record, in one of the coldest games ever, in Denver, took a ton of hard shots and threw the deep ball.

Even when he delievers on every ***** you good enough.

He'll never be Jim Kelly and we will never have a team like that. The '86 Giants looked nothing like the '07 Giants. Eli is not Phil Simms.

mybills
12-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Even when he delievers on every ***** you good enough.

What?

yordad
12-22-2008, 11:20 AM
The loss to Cleveland Trent put us in a position to win the game.:bs:

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Jimbo had a few tough seasons for the Bills early on but he got better as did the team around him. Edwards has the arm head and can take a shot, we have our man.
jury is still out.

as for the rest, the same was said about JP after 06. Not sure if we have our man yet but I would love to see what he can do wilth a real OC who knows how to run an O that plays to win and steps on the D's throats and not this ball control , conservative mentallity.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:31 AM
What?

Yeah, fingers slower than the mind today.

What I was saying is that he delivered on alot of peoples *****es. He played a good game, in the cold, took some big hits, and threw the deep ball.

Not alot to ***** about.

The fact that some are complaining about how he started is laughable. He was out for two weeks and got blind sided by Champ Bailey early in the game.

He responded by having a better game than Cutler. People ***** for the sake of *****ing.

He's never going to be Jim Kelly. But it was funny that Phil Simms has two Superbowl rings.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
:bs:

Yeah, BS that Lindel missed the kick.

yordad
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Trent has beat a team that was winning their division and if would have won they would have clinched the division. I would say thats more than what JP has ever done.Trent beat a team? He must be very versatile. That's hard to do by yourself. I missed that, when was that on? I did however manage to catch a Bills game this past Sunday. They beat the Broncos :idunno:

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Trent beat a team? He must be very versatile. That's hard to do by yourself. I missed that, when was that on? I did however manage to catch a Bills game this past Sunday. They beat the Broncos :idunno:
It was a team win.

The Jokeman
12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
There's a reason Kelly is called a "franchise QB" as it eludes he's a once in a lifetime type player and very rare. Bruce Smith was another such player. Though Edwards to me has shown to be as good as a guy like Joe Ferguson who was good enough to lead us to the playoffs and think Edwards could too with the addition of one more receiving threat, specifically a TE that can open things up in the middle.

yordad
12-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, BS that Lindel missed the kick.You must have only cought the last 45 seconds. You might know what I meant if you managed to watch the rest of the game. :rockon:

yordad
12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Trents 85.6 QB Rating is 15th in the NFL.

Any guesses as to where JP's 62.3 lands him?First, there isn't a QB rating. It is a passer rating. Second, I think it is funny you choose this for an argument claiming TEs worst day is better then JPs best. Couldn't one just find a game where JP had a passer rating higher then 86 and BAM... point made. Oh and JP had an 85 in '06. Deja vu anyone?

yordad
12-22-2008, 11:55 AM
The rest of the NFL has spoken. they won't trade for him, they won't sign him, they won't like his cancerous play come close to their team.Do you wanna bet? Put your fake money were your virtual mouth is. I will bet the mother load he gets signed. If you do not bet me, this is proof you like to talk out your other end!:poop:

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes.

In all honesty JP is one of the worst QB's I have ever witnessed. In 20 years of watching football. I can sincerely tell you, I think JP Losman is a terrible QB

You probably weren't watching the bills for 20 years if you missed Robosack.

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I believe the quote was something like "I will not be a backup in this league especially not to a player like Losman."
you're making crap up.

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 12:02 PM
JP Losman may be the worst QB to ever play in the NFL, he did absolutely nothing for this organization.

Dumb statement.

zone
12-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Dumb statement.

Please enlighten me on what he did for this organization besides robbing us of a 1st round draft pick and a bunch of money for his contract?

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
You must have only cought the last 45 seconds. You might know what I meant if you managed to watch the rest of the game. :rockon:

Dude, everyone knows that Trent started with three picks. He also didn't wilt like a flower and drove the ball down to field goal range.

yordad
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Dude, everyone knows that Trent started with three picks. He also didn't wilt like a flower and drove the ball down to field goal range.Oh no. He wilted like a flower. He threw one pass to a WR all game after the third pick. The rest were 1 yard passes to Lynch. The only thing he could have done more like a wilting flower would have been literally collapsing to the ground and shriveling up.

zone
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
you're making crap up.

"I completely disagree and can't understand their point of view," Bledsoe said during a conference call from his home in Oregon. "Do I think this is fair? No, I don't think it's fair. But I'm also aware that that's how it works, and I understand that."

"I just don't see myself being a backup in this league,"

I guess I did add the part about especially to a player like Lossman, but I can guarantee he was thinking it. Unfortunately he was probably too classy to say it.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh no. He wilted like a flower. He threw one pass to a WR all game after the third pick. The rest were 1 yard passes to Lynch. The only thging he could have done more like a wilting flower would have been literally collapsing.

Stupid post:

He threw 3 picks in his first 6 throws.

Than he went onto to complete 13 of 20 for 123 yards (thats 10 yards per catch), one passing TD, and one rushing TD.

So your argumnet is garbage.

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Please enlighten me on what he did for this organization besides robbing us of a 1st round draft pick and a bunch of money for his contract?

Ryan Leaf and Rob Johnson come to mind as far as not doing anything in the NFL

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess I did add the part about especially to a player like Lossman, but I can guarantee he was thinking it. Unfortunately he was probably too classy to say it.
:up:

He would thought of that against ANY rookie qb . You're just making the Losman thought on your own again.

zone
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
The only thing he could have done more like a wilting flower would have been literally collapsing to the ground and shriveling up.

No that's called "wilting like a Lossman", except it includes shoveling the ball to the other team while collapsing.

yordad
12-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Stupid post:

He threw 3 picks in his first 6 throws.

Than he went onto to complete 13 of 20 for 123 yards (thats 10 yards per catch), one passing TD, and one rushing TD.

So your argumnet is garbage.LOL, now I know you either....
A) Know nothing about football.
or
B) Failed to watch the game.

All of those yards where from Lynch YAC. Check the friggin game log on NFL.com if ya gotta. It won't substitute actually watching the game, but it should help.

That was one of the worst displays of QBing I have ever seen. Ever. And definately the worst I seen in person. Ever.

zone
12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Ryan Leaf and Rob Johnson come to mind as far as not doing anything in the NFL
You disagreed that Lossman has done nothing for this organization. I asked you what he had done not about Leaf or Johnson.

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 01:25 PM
LOL, now I know you either....
A) Know nothing about football.
or
B) Failed to watch the game.

All of those yards where from Lynch YAC. Check the friggin game log on NFL.com if ya gotta. It won't substitute actually watching the game, but it should help.

That was one of the worst displays of QBing I have ever seen. Ever. And definately the worst I seen in person. Ever.

I pick A , always when it comes to HH.

Nice SIG pic BTW :roflmao:

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
You disagreed that Lossman has done nothing for this organization. I asked you what he had done not about Leaf or Johnson.

this is what I quoted you on isn't it?

JP Losman may be the worst QB to ever play in the NFL,

he did absolutely nothing for this organization..

As what he did for this franchise , see his 06 numbers. He achieved that with Bennie Anderson and co. as his OL.

Keep Turd as the OC and keep the same players. YOu'll be saying the same thing about Trent next year. :rolleyes:

mybills
12-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah, fingers slower than the mind today.

What I was saying is that he delivered on alot of peoples *****es. He played a good game, in the cold, took some big hits, and threw the deep ball.

Not alot to ***** about.

The fact that some are complaining about how he started is laughable. He was out for two weeks and got blind sided by Champ Bailey early in the game.

He responded by having a better game than Cutler. People ***** for the sake of *****ing.

He's never going to be Jim Kelly. But it was funny that Phil Simms has two Superbowl rings.
OK, gotcha. That was funny, though.
I hope you don't think I'm complaining, I didn't even get to see the game yesterday. I'm just commenting on the fact that it's the end of the season, and I don't feel as confident about our teams future as some people do. I just don't see above average from him. :idunno:

zone
12-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Keep Turd as the OC and keep the same players. YOu'll be saying the same thing about Trent next year. :rolleyes:

I am not debating that is entirely possible, the point was that when you watch the games with the 2 different QB's we have it is not hard to tell which one is the better of the pair. Even when Trent has been bad he has still rebounded and helped to put the team in a position to win it at the end. The opposite has always been true with JP.

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I am not debating that is entirely possible, the point was that when you watch the games with the 2 different QB's we have it is not hard to tell which one is the better of the pair. Even when Trent has been bad he has still rebounded and helped to put the team in a position to win it at the end. The opposite has always been true with JP.
I will give you that Trent is a better ball control , conservative dink and dunk qb. Thats what he was trained to do in college and thats what we're running here.

Again, to me it isn't about JP vs. Trent . Doesnt matter who is qbing this team. If you have idiotic coaches, they will all fail.