PDA

View Full Version : Should we root for the Jets?

X-Era
12-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Who do we want from the AFC East in the playoffs?

1) I hate NE and always will, I would LOVE nothing more than for them to not make it
2) Id love for the Fins to believe Pennington is all they need at QB
3) Id Love the Jets to have to fork over a 2nd rounder because they made the playoffs with Favre

So, Im rooting for the Jets mostly, but then the Fins to make it in.

We have control over that. We have to beat NE.

The next thing is, does a 8-8 season save Jaurons job? Can the Bills argue that 7-9, 7-9, and then 8-8 is getting better?

The King
12-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Im fine with the Fins winning the division they had a pretty amazing turn around. F the Jets. Favre has been nothing but a joke and has done nothing for that team, Thomas Jones resurgence as a legitimate back has been the change for them.

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Im fine with the Fins winning the division they had a pretty amazing turn around. F the Jets. Favre has been nothing but a joke and has done nothing for that team, Thomas Jones resurgence as a legitimate back has been the change for them.

i'd agree for probably 12 out of the 15 games played............

the new england game, the arizona game, and the first miami games are probably the only 3 where he had any control over anything... everything else has been cutthroat football.

mybills
12-22-2008, 08:15 AM
**** Miami and NE!

Go Jets!

The King
12-22-2008, 08:17 AM
i'd agree for probably 12 out of the 15 games played............

the new england game, the arizona game, and the first miami games are probably the only 3 where he had any control over anything... everything else has been cutthroat football.As a Jets fan would you rather have Chad? Someone who protects the football? Or do you think the Favre move paid off?

Mike13
12-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Id love for the Fins to believe Pennington is all they need at QB

Think again,they know Henne is the future.
While we're taking pot shots I'd love for the Bills to think Juaron is a decent coach.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-22-2008, 08:47 AM
anyone but the cheatriots. even the fish.

excuse me while I go wash the bad taste out of my mouth for saying that

zone
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Thomas Jones resurgence as a legitimate back has been the change for them.

His resurgence was because of the threat Favre brings... Just sayin.

I hate all 3 of them.

Luisito23
12-22-2008, 09:05 AM
I hate the Jets, and I love to hear the FAN every time they get embarrassed just like they did yesterday, so therefore there's no way I ever root for them. When Chad was with them I could at least somewhat tolerate them because I have always liked him, but now with that overrated bum their losses are that much sweeter!...:jetsuck:!!!

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm hoping for the Jets to miss the playoffs and then listen to them ***** all off-season about what went wrong. Then when Brett retires for the 14th time they will have their hands full trying to fill his shoes, minus a couple of draft picks they wrapped up and gave to GB. :rofl:

Best case scenario for me is to have the Phish beat the living **** out of the Jets, knocking them out and us beating NE to knock them out... (I never though I would want the Dolphins to win the division...:lol:)

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm hoping for the Jets to miss the playoffs and then listen to them ***** all off-season about what went wrong. Then when Brett retires for the 14th time they will have their hands full trying to fill his shoes, minus a couple of draft picks they wrapped up and gave to GB. :rofl:

Best case scenario for me is to have the Phish beat the living **** out of the Jets, knocking them out and us beating NE to knock them out... (I never though I would want the Dolphins to win the division...:lol:)

IM trying to stay quiet on what will be a complete mess of an offseason for them.

It will be hillarious.

They spent a ton and the traded alot for a guy who may only play one season for them.

And what did it buy them?

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 09:19 AM
As a Jets fan would you rather have Chad? Someone who protects the football? Or do you think the Favre move paid off?

see i love chad, but noodlearm honestly i think was ready for a fresh start somewhere else, and i can't blame him for leaving as he was cut, and i can't wish anything but the best, he is one of my choices for comeback player of the year.

the favre move has paid off in terms of we aren't 4-12 like last year, and the move wasn't to make the super bowl it was to give the snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs.

but in all honesty, did ANYONE think the fins would be 10-5 entering week 17, much less vying for 8-8?

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't like any of those teams. That being said, the Jets are lowest on that list. I can't stand Favre. I mean that in the worst way possible. I hate him.

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 09:20 AM
IM trying to stay quiet on what will be a complete mess of an offseason for them.

It will be hillarious.

They spent a ton and the traded alot for a guy who may only play one season for them.

And what did it buy them?

eh, sometimes you have to get egg on your face, to strengthen the team longterm....... with that being said, faneca and jenkins are still 2 of the best offseason pickups this season

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:24 AM
see i love chad, but noodlearm honestly i think was ready for a fresh start somewhere else, and i can't blame him for leaving as he was cut, and i can't wish anything but the best, he is one of my choices for comeback player of the year.

the favre move has paid off in terms of we aren't 4-12 like last year, and the move wasn't to make the super bowl it was to give the snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs.

but in all honesty, did ANYONE think the fins would be 10-5 entering week 17, much less vying for 8-8?
Oh come on... The J..E..T..S.. were going for broke this season. No way in hell they would give up what they did to rent Brett Favre for 1 season.

I understand your pain though...

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I honestly think Favre has cost them more games than he has won. I really don't understand the fascination with this guy. He blindly heaves passes and prays for a miracle. It works? He's great! It doesn't? Oh well. He's still great! I really don't get it.

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
eh, sometimes you have to get egg on your face, to strengthen the team longterm....... with that being said, faneca and jenkins are still 2 of the best offseason pickups this season

I cant argue. I think Jenkins is overrated, but Faneca is a stud

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh come on... The J..E..T..S.. were going for broke this season. No way in hell they would give up what they did to rent Brett Favre for 1 season.

I understand your pain though...

its my opinion, im sure the franchise was saying its now or never for the superbowl, and it nearly came to fruition

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
as a side note, im going down to jersey for the funeral/celebration of the jets (post)season, so when i get back i'll try to give as much of a detailed play by play

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
I cant argue. I think Jenkins is overrated, but Faneca is a stud

i can't really say jenkins is over-rated, the job of the NT isn't to have flashy stats, but to basically eat up the room and let the rest of the d-line and LB take care of business, which he has defintely done quite well adjusting from the 4-3 that carolina was using.

but lately his performance has been lackluster since the whalloping on the titans

EricStratton
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Because of my address I have to hope the Jets are the odd team out.

I still hate NE and Miami with every fiber of my being but I live in Jersey and to watch the Jet fans get disappointed again will help carry me this offseason.

Mike13
12-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Then when Brett retires for the 14th time they will have their hands full trying to fill his shoes, minus a couple of draft picks they wrapped up and gave to GB. :rofl:

Not to mention they'll be in cap hell.

Tanenbuam and Jerry Jones decided to go for it all this year, and look where's its gotten them, they might not make the playoffs.

Historian
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
ANYBODY but the fish!

LtFinFan66
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
ANYBODY but the fish!:cry:

Historian
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM
I would rather see Brady get five more Super Bowl Rings than see the fish win a divisional game!

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
ABNE. Anyone but New England.

And I'd even take Miami over the Jets. As much as I hate Miami, as a football fan, I have to admit that their turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable.

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
ABNE. Anyone but New England.

And I'd even take Miami over the Jets. As much as I hate Miami, as a football fan, I have to admit that their turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable.

agreed, and the methodical way of doing their business, just shows that they will do anything to succeed (ralph taking any hints)

mybills
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I love Favre. He is the most fun quarter back to watch other than Peyton Manning.

I can't say that about Cassel or Pennington.

Go Jets - We'll KILL NE you KILL the FISH! :up:

LtFinFan66
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I would rather see Brady get five more Super Bowl Rings than see the fish win a divisional game!you are such a whiner Dave

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
you are such a whiner Dave

hey dan should the phins make the playoffs, would you make the trip out?

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I love Favre. He is the most fun quarter back to watch other than Peyton Manning.

Go Jets - We'll KILL NE you KILL the FISH! :up:

What? How is it fun to see someone just blindly throw up bombs and hope for the best? Or watch someone just close his eyes and throw the ball as hard as he can in hopes that it gets caught? Fun, no. Overrated, absolutely.

LtFinFan66
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
hey dan should the phins make the playoffs, would you make the trip out?Trip down you mean? Nah....can't afford it this time of year

mybills
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
What? How is it fun to see someone just blindly throw up bombs and hope for the best? Or watch someone just close his eyes and throw the ball as hard as he can in hopes that it gets caught? Fun, no. Overrated, absolutely.
Obviously we're not talking about the same fun things.

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Obviously we're not talking about the same fun things.

Well I do think it's fun to watch him throw HORRIBLE passes almost twenty years into his career. I also think its fun to watch him lose more and more games. Other than that, nothing about that guy is fun.

Ickybaluky
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM

I loved Brett in his prime, when he won the MVP 3 times in a row. However, I'm not sure how you could describe watching him now as fun, unless you hate the guy.

Anyone who remembers Brett in his prime would describe his play now as painful to watch. He has hit the wall and looks done. He underthrows guys and is taking a beating because he can't move like he used to. He is a sitting duck back there, and all the hits he has taken in his career have left him a shell of himself.

Brett remains one of the toughest guys I've ever seen play the position. His consecutive games played streak is nothing short of amazing, but watching him now is like watching Namath limp through his final days as a Ram. It is more sad than anything.

NJFINSFAN1
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Because of my address I have to hope the Jets are the odd team out.

I still hate NE and Miami with every fiber of my being but I live in Jersey and to watch the Jet fans get disappointed again will help carry me this offseason.

Put on WFAN, Jet fans are jumping out windows. Its classic radio.

mybills
12-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I loved Brett in his prime, when he won the MVP 3 times in a row. However, I'm not sure how you could describe watching him now as fun, unless you hate the guy.

Anyone who remembers Brett in his prime would describe his play now as painful to watch. He has hit the wall and looks done. He underthrows guys and is taking a beating because he can't move like he used to. He is a sitting duck back there, and all the hits he has taken in his career have left him a shell of himself.

Brett remains one of the toughest guys I've ever seen play the position. His consecutive games played streak is nothing short of amazing, but watching him now is like watching Namath limp through his final days as a Ram. It is more sad than anything.
You guys are on the same page, an way too deep into the book.

I don't care whether it's his prime or his old age, he continues to laugh at himself when he does bad, and laughs with his team when they do good. That kind of QB is always fun to watch. It's never fun to watch a QB who has a puss on his face the whole time - > Phillip Rivers ring a bell?

The Bills haven't had fun like Favre since Flutie. Doug was fun to watch, too.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 01:55 PM
You guys are on the same page, an way too deep into the book.

I don't care whether it's his prime or his old age, he continues to laugh at himself when he does bad, and laughs with his team when they do good. That kind of QB is always fun to watch. It's never fun to watch a QB who has a puss on his face the whole time - > Phillip Rivers ring a bell?

The Bills haven't had fun like Favre since Flutie. Doug was fun to watch, too.

you have an odd understanding of the term "fun to watch".

Flutie was like Losman with a brain. He'd run around like a madman but he was smart enough to avoid the big mistake- and occasionally make a big play- at the end of it. The most frustrating part was that he almost never took snaps from center because of his size- everything was a shotgun or a bootleg. I remember the Bills having such a limited playbook back then because Flutie couldn't see over the OL.

EricStratton
12-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Put on WFAN, Jet fans are jumping out windows. Its classic radio.

Francesa makes me want to drive into a bridge.

I listen to 1050.

HughC
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
This is a very tough call.

If the Jets make the playoffs, I don't know that I can handle the New York media lovefest with the team, and especially the attention Favre will get. He'll get credit for the turnaround which should go to Jenkins and Faneca. On the other hand if they do make the playoffs they lose that 2nd round pick, and their ownership and fans become duped into believing that mangini is a good coach.

If the Dolphins make the playoffs, that team gains a lot of confidence going in to next year. The heads of Joey Porter and Bill Parcells may become so inflated they put a hole in the ozone layer. And it rewards the least passionate, least knowledgeable, and biggest front-running fan base in the NFL.

If the Patriots make the playoffs, we'll have to hear about what a remarkable job Belichick with all those starters on IR. Doesn't matter if it's true, I don't want to hear it. And though we can thank Vince Wilfork for giving Trent Edwards an opportunity, none of us want him to win. On the other hand they probably need better draft picks in order to rebuild/reload their team, so their making the playoffs isn't the worst thing to have happen.

Sorry, but I can't root for any of them. I'll just watch Dallas - Philadelphia at 4:00 instead.

mybills
12-23-2008, 06:44 PM
you have a different view of the term "fun to watch".
That's what I said.

Barb
12-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Not to mention they'll be in cap hell.

Tanenbuam and Jerry Jones decided to go for it all this year, and look where's its gotten them, they might not make the playoffs.

still amazes me that the cowboys control their own destiny, win and you´re in, which i think is pretty possible against the eagles and then they could become the team no one wants to play in the wildcard against the vikes atm i think