PDA

View Full Version : Can We Now Stop Calling For Josh Reed's Head?

Jan Reimers
12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
He had a monster game yesterday, and has been a quality number 2 possession guy all year. He has been responsible for a number of key first downs during a very trying season. He is a solid veteran who plays hard and gets the job done quietly and professionally.

Philagape
12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
We still need another guy to stretch the field, be a threat in the end zone and take pressure off Evans

acehole
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
He had a monster game yesterday, and has been a quality number 2 possession guy all year. He has been responsible for a number of key first downs during a very trying season. He is a solid veteran who plays hard and gets the job done quietly and professionally.

YEs was wrong about him (sOMEWHAT) GOOD SLOT GUY.

Tough "Football player".

patmoran2006
12-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Who's been blasting him this year?

trapezeus
12-22-2008, 09:13 AM
we should make him our RT he blocks so well.

I actually think he's come a long way since the year of his dropsies. The offense clearly is better with him than without him. He's seemingly always open on 3rd down. and that's a good receiver to have.

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:16 AM
If we could get a beast to play opposite of Evans, Reed would make an awesome slot receiver. Unfortunately we don't have a beast outside and are forced to lineup Reed out there. He is good but he is better in the slot when a LB or S is usually covering him.

circlethewagons
12-22-2008, 09:22 AM

This has definitely been his best season as a pro, and this offense missed him alot when he wasn't in the line up... that being said we still need another threat on offense

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Reed has been clutch all year. :bf1:

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I've come around on Reed. I used to be one of his biggest detractors and he is limited in some ways (namely, speed), but he clearly adds value to this team.

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Reed has found his knack in finding the open seam... sometimes it does payoff to stick with a player through a rough year or 2

There is no denying that Edwards plays better with him in there to

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
johnson i think is a very viable 3 and may take off pressure off of evans, and reed, which if they stay with the team, could bolster their receiving corps

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 09:40 AM
We still need another guy to stretch the field, be a threat in the end zone and take pressure off Evans

hopefully that guy is already on our roster because I don't see us bringing in a FA WR when we are much more desperate for a Center upgrade and a friggin DE that can get to the QB

Jan Reimers
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Who's been blasting him this year?
Every year, there are a number of posters calling for him to be cut or benched.

mybills
12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
They're no Moulds/Price duo, but I'm ok with a Lee/Reed duo.

Ebenezer
12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Always said that Reed was a perfect #3; Parrish a solid #4. Just need a #2.

madness
12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Always said that Reed was a perfect #3; Parrish a solid #4. Just need a #2.

Insert Steve Johnson. He's the best #2 we have at the moment.

bigbub2352
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I have always blasted Josh Reed on here, and i can safely say i still dont like the money he makes but i do see why we never go after a TE in the draft Reed plays that roll for Turks offense

Reed never and i mean never scores and that was my biggest critism on him and still is
But i do see his value now that we have a competent QB in Trent it shows why and how Reed can be effective
he just needs to get paid a little less and play the slot were he belongs
i think with Johnson emerging he is a solid 3-4 WR himself
We need to see what we got in Hardy but most of all i think this offense will benefit mostly form getting a Redzone WR someone in the NFL that can score, i like Bryant out of Tampa i think if we went into next year with those 6 WRs and draft an offensive threat at TE we would be more than solid
Reed finally found his niche
Evans
Bryant
Reed
Parrish
Johnson
Hardy

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Reed is not making that much money though. I think he is around 2.5 million.

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
2.925 cap hit.

That really is not that much.

Night Train
12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
He's a clutch #3 slot receiver.

Now put Steve Johnson outside of him while developing Hardy and we have a combo that may actually free up Evans more.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2008, 11:09 PM

We should be calling for Mr. Do Nothing, Lee Evans, since signing his extension head.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 09:25 AM
We should be calling for Mr. Do Nothing, Lee Evans, since signing his extension head.
Our schemes call for dink and dunk. Reed's got that covered.

madness
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM

Reed's success is mostly in part to Evans drawing double coverage practically the whole game. I'll consider Evans Mr. Do Nothing when they stop double covering him and he still can't plays but that won't be happening for a long time.

Ebenezer
12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
WRs do not throw the ball to themselves...

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I have always blasted Josh Reed on here, and i can safely say i still dont like the money he makes but i do see why we never go after a TE in the draft Reed plays that roll for Turks offense

Reed never and i mean never scores and that was my biggest critism on him and still is
But i do see his value now that we have a competent QB in Trent it shows why and how Reed can be effective

But he sure does a good job of helping us move those chains

Red zone in-effectiveness is what Hardy was supposed to be for... we're in a holding pattern on that one... Johnson may step it up down there for us, he has some size...

Should we bring up tha red zone play calling we witnessed this year

TacklingDummy
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Reed's success is mostly in part to Evans drawing double coverage practically the whole game. I'll consider Evans Mr. Do Nothing when they stop double covering him and he still can't plays but that won't be happening for a long time.

Steve Smith, Randy Moss seem to have no problem being double teamed.

Ebenezer
12-23-2008, 11:39 AM
reread my post...you can't catch the ball if they don't throw it to you.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 11:40 AM

so is it the WR, the O scheme, or the QB who has had very little success going long ????

or is it a combination of all 3 ? ... enquiring minds want to know

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
they have proven coaches that know how to get them the ball inspite of being double teamed. We don't have that.