PDA

View Full Version : 84.....

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Did you realize that in the past 2 games that Trent Edwards played and finished the whole game, we put up 84 total points!!!

If you look at that stat, you have to give this guy props. You have to give him a chance going forward.

It may show that he is headed to becoming a solid starter.

Luisito23
12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Did you realize that it was against 2 of the worst defenses in the entire league....:drama:

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Did you realize that it was against 2 of the worst defenses in the entire league....:drama:
I agree 100% with that BUT that is what is supposed to happen to bad defenses. I would be really concerned if he put up JP type scores.

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Teams that scored 30 or more points against Denver this season:

San Diego (38)
New Orleans (32)
Kansas City (33)
New England (41)
Cleveland (30)
Oakland (31)
Carolina (30)
Buffalo (30)

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:21 AM

OK, and we still didnt put up those points?

We played the Broncos ON THEIR TURF, and put up 30 points when they wanted to clinch a playoff berth?

Look, no one is saying hes god, but youalso cant say he doesnt score us points. He does. and hes getting better not worse.

The only glitch is that series of 4 games. If it was one or two, I can pass it off. But 4? Its scary, but hes also in his second damn year. Its his second year. If it was his 3rd, after starting for 2 and a half, then no, unacceptable.

Its like Ive said, the story on him isn't over.

The upcoming NE game is really important. If he can put up 20+ points, I think you could say hes getting better overall. I think you could say safely that he isnt stuck at average.

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:24 AM
The NE game isn't going to write his legacy. He will be stuck at average until he proves he can even finish one full NFL season without getting hurt. That is my biggest concern for the guy. Yesterday was nice and all but he did what was expected of him.

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:25 AM
I agree 100% with that BUT that is what is supposed to happen to bad defenses. I would be really concerned if he put up JP type scores.

No that's my point.

Put up big points against teams that you should pound. Then score points to be right in it in games that we should lose. Thats a solid starting QB in my opinion.

Solid, not stellar, not pro-bowl... solid, game managing, quality starting QB.

Im only saying that we may be getting a glimpse of him reaching that level at QB.

And going forward, that can be enough. It would require the D to get significantly better, it would require quality game day coaching. But we can make a playoff run with all of that.

jamze132
12-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Regardless, he's definitely not JP... :band:

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:26 AM
The NE game isn't going to write his legacy. He will be stuck at average until he proves he can even finish one full NFL season without getting hurt. That is my biggest concern for the guy. Yesterday was nice and all but he did what was expected of him.

OK, Id like that to. But isnt the stat ridiculous as to how many starting QB finish the whole season without injury? I think more than half get hurt during the season.

Anyone know that stat?

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:28 AM
OK, Id like that to. But isnt the stat ridiculous as to how many starting QB finish the whole season without injury? I think more than half get hurt during the season.

Anyone know that stat?

It's not just a little injury, but he always ends up missing significant time. That is a big deal. It's something all fans should be concerned about right now. He did this in college too. I'm not just basing it on his NFL career. He needs to toughen up if he wants to last.

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM

Anyone know that stat?

For the sake of argument (and no I can't find the official stats) so this is slightly a guess...

But Rivers, Pennington, Brees, Warner, Manning (x2), Ryan, Cassel, Cutler, McNabb, Campbell, Favre, Garrard, Delhomme, Big Ben, Collins, Flacco, Russell...

X-Era
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
For the sake of argument (and no I can't find the official stats) so this is slightly a guess...

But Rivers, Pennington, Brees, Warner, Manning (x2), Ryan, Cassel, Cutler, McNabb, Campbell, Favre, Garrard, Delhomme, Big Ben, Collins, Flacco, Russell...

All got hurt? Mus be.

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:35 AM
All got hurt? Mus be.

How do you figure?

RockStar36
12-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I wanted to make sure and all of the QB's I listed have started every single game for their team this season. The exception would be Cassel and Collins, who didn't start Week 1 because they were the back-up, but they still qualify for that.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:05 AM

Outside of Cassel, Collins, Rusell, and probably Pennington all those guys are franchise QB's.

justasportsfan
12-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Trent gets a chance no matter what but he shouldn't be handed the job.