PDA

View Full Version : Time to listen to me without emotion!!

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 10:26 AM
This team is neither as good or as bad as people think. I called the last three games correctly, with conviction, because I don't look at this team myopically like so many around here. What we have and what we don't:

1) We have a QB. He was not perfect this year but he has the team and he is good enough to take us wherevere we want to go. We would have beat the Jets and Miami and he played the last two weeks, no doubt.

2) Our D sucks. Anyone who thinks that Perry Fewell is a good coordinator doesn't know football.

3) Our interior D line is good.

4) If DEs don't get addressed in the off-season with at least 3 replacement options for Kelsay and Schobel we will be 7-9 again guaranteed.

5) Our secondary deserves so much credit, including Whitner. Our secondary brings a butter knife to a gun fight every week because of our LB and DE play.

6) Ellison needs to be cut. I am 42 years old and I will put $5,000 down that I can beat him in any foot race. 40 yard, 100 yard, whatever.

7) Steve Johnson might be our answer at #2. Maybe. Roscoe Parrish should be traded because his value is not there for this team.

8) Get a center. I watched the Giants punish the Panthers with a ground game that could just as easily be ours.

9) Peters has to stay for so many reasons other than his play. Trading him is a giant mistake.

Tatonka
12-22-2008, 10:31 AM
i actually dont hate this post.. for once.

Pride
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
1) Agreed. Trent is the future of the BBills. Dump JP, bring in an "old" veteran for when TE takes his annual 3 game injured benching.

2) Agreed. The Cover 2 has to go. I dont believe in the addage that we don't have the personnel for a different D. Most players can play in any D. Drop 1 or 2 and replace them for the select few who can't adapt.

3) Agree

4-5) Agree. Better DE's = More INTs, punts, and fumbles

6) Agreed. A lot of heart, no talent

7) Dump Roscoe now.

8) Center/Guard (along with 1 stud DE) are my hopes for Offseason 2008)

9) Disagree. Franchise him and trade him (a-la Peerless Price). If noone offers the trade, we keep him at a fair price (I do think he is good enough to be top 5 Tackle in this league, but I think we have capable backups who can fill in his spot if he leaves). Use the first #1 draft pick on a DE and the second on a Center.

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
This team is neither as good or as bad as people think. I called the last three games correctly, with conviction, because I don't look at this team myopically like so many around here. What we have and what we don't:

1) We have a QB. He was not perfect this year but he has the team and he is good enough to take us wherevere we want to go. We would have beat the Jets and Miami and he played the last two weeks, no doubt.

2) Our D sucks. Anyone who thinks that Perry Fewell is a good coordinator doesn't know football.

4) If DEs don't get addressed in the off-season with at least 3 replacement options for Kelsay and Schobel we will be 7-9 again guaranteed.

5) Our secondary deserves so much credit, including Whitner. Our secondary brings a butter knife to a gun fight every week because of our LB and DE play.

6) Ellison needs to be cut. I am 42 years old and I will put $5,000 down that I can beat him in any foot race. 40 yard, 100 yard, whatever.

7) Steve Johnson might be our answer at #2. Maybe. Roscoe Parrish should be traded because his value is not there for this team.

8) Get a center. I watched the Giants punish the Panthers with a ground game that could just as easily be ours.

9) Peters has to stay for so many reasons other than his play. Trading him is a giant mistake.
You forgot the most important thing we need is a good head coach. I also dont know what your problem is with Schobel. Without Schobel this D-line sucks. He is not the problem.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Another self-serving post, really?

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2008, 10:36 AM
The Bills are not going to get 2 new DE's.

Fewell has not done a bad job. For a defense to jump 15 spots in one year is a positive.

I like Steve Johnson, but appointing him a #2 is way premature.

And trading Peters would be extremely stupid. Dumber than anything this franchise has done in ten years.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 10:38 AM
You forgot the most important thing we need is a good head coach. I also dont know what your problem is with Schobel. Without Schobel this D-line sucks. He is not the problem.

My problem with Schobel is that he was terrible in 2007, he was on his way to looking worse in 2008, so why would I believe he's going to do anything in 2009?

Guaranteed had he not got injured he would still not have been worth anything. How well did he start?

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
My problem with Schobel is that he was terrible in 2007, he was on his way to looking worse in 2008, so why would I believe he's going to do anything in 2009?

Guaranteed had he not got injured he would still not have been worth anything. How well did he start?

He was actually not playing that bad and had been outstanding against the run.

Replace Kelsay. Let Denney be #3 (where he is fine). Get and OLB to replace Ellison.

That will make the defense much better.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Another self-serving post, really?

I have the guts to put myself out there. Didn't see alot of people coming back to tell me I was right about the last 3 weeks.

If being right is self serving than call it what you like.

Argue the point.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
He was actually not playing that bad and had been outstanding against the run.

Replace Kelsay. Let Denney be #3 (where he is fine). Get and OLB to replace Ellison.

That will make the defense much better.

Also add a FS with ballhawking ability to replace Simpson and you have the makings of a very good D.

Say a draft like;
1. OLB Curry
2. FS Moore
3. DE Barwin

:respect:

OpIv37

the DL wasn't anything great WITH Schobel. I don't know why so few people on this board seems to remember it. With Schobel the DL is mediocre at best, without him, it's a trainwreck. He is washed up and he was never as good as the hype in the first place. He's better than Denney, but that's not saying much.

DraftBoy
I have the guts to put myself out there. Didn't see alot of people coming back to tell me I was right about the last 3 weeks.

If being right is self serving than call it what you like.

Argue the point.

I dont really have to, Doc did a pretty good job of tearing it up himself.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
the DL wasn't anything great WITH Schobel. I don't know why so few people on this board seems to remember it. With Schobel the DL is mediocre at best, without him, it's a trainwreck. He is washed up and he was never as good as the hype in the first place. He's better than Denney, but that's not saying much.

While his pass rush numbers were down this year, nobody can deny the difference he did make in our run D. To say he is washed up is a little premature, imo. What do you have to base that off of? His sack total was down but his run support was improved?

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 10:49 AM
While his pass rush numbers were down this year, nobody can deny the difference he did make in our run D. To say he is washed up is a little premature, imo. What do you have to base that off of? His sack total was down but his run support was improved?

His sack total has been going down for the last 3 seasons. He was good in run D- I'll give you that. But he wasn't getting anywhere NEAR the QB before his injury, much like 2007. And with Stroud, he doesn't have the double team excuse. Also, he said himself he was getting "too old for this ****" in a Mic'd Up segment. Steadily declining numbers+ not getting near the QB+ saying himself that he's too old= washed up.

And to be perfectly honest, I was never enamored with Schobel in the first place. He's supposed to be one of these TD "high motor" guys but he disappears for games at a time and tends to pad his stats in garbage time rather than making plays when the game is on the line.

mysticsoto
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM

1. I'll buy that. Trent performs okay most of the time. But fact of the matter is, the team should not be built around him. He is not a superstar - Lynch is. The team needs to be built around Lynch - and I have confidence that Trent can manage a game if we got a better run blocking Oline!

2. Our D does not suck Our capacity to penetrate and disrupt the qb is not there. Cover 2 depends entirely on that, and if it's not there, it falls apart. Improve that, and our cover 2 will look awesome. We have a great corp of CBs now (a weakness last year) and a decent corp of LBs. We need an outstanding Dline however to make the cover 2 work. If we draft a top DE, take a look at some in FA that are affordable to replace what we have now, and if Ellis could step up - that could all change next year.

3. Stroud is good. That's it. Kyle hasn't done much and McCargo is gone - we need his replacement...

4. I'm not sure what the FO will do here, but I wouldn't cry if Denney and Kelsay weren't available. But I don't have much confidence in this FO...

5. Agreed.

6. It'd be great to have someone to replace him, but DE is by far the more important upgrade needed.

7. Agreed on SJ but not on Parrish. Parrish has value as a punt returner and a backup slot to Reed.

8. Agreed Get a real Center and some road grating guards also - draft the guards, draft a Center, but grab a Center in FA while the rookies learn...

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Schobel was not that bad this year and how you can base that he was on his way to looking worse in 2008 is be on me by only seein him play 5 games. If you could tell the future why didnt you tell us that after a 5-1 start the bills would be lucky to hit .500. Take Juilus Peppers for example last year he only had 2.5 sacks in 14 games. Would you take him on your team? How about Dwight Freeney in 2006 in 16 games he had only 5.5 sacks. In 2007 he only had 3.5 sacks in 9 games. So I would say that Schobel is not as bad as you think he is.

trapezeus
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM

1) We have a QB. He was not perfect this year but he has the team and he is good enough to take us wherevere we want to go. We would have beat the Jets and Miami and he played the last two weeks, no doubt. Trent played well, but he played a porous, depleted Denver D. We still didn't do a whole lot yardage wise. I like Trent. I think he's growing into the player we want. I think he's earned the right to be the guy next year based on the fact that he's the first QB since flutie that makes me think we can drive the field in a close game and actually win it

2) Our D sucks. Anyone who thinks that Perry Fewell is a good coordinator doesn't know football. I think that Fewell is handcuffed to play the bend but don't break. They give up yards, but they don't give up TD's. Even in their worst games, they still have teams taking FG's early. If we had an offense to compliment the D, we'd be in good shape. Also, with Kelsay and Denney as your DE's, no defense is going to succeed. I wouldn't mind giving him another year and giving him 2 real DE's and a legit replacement for Ellison.

3) Our interior D line is good. Agreed, stroud still makes plays with triple teams.

4) If DEs don't get addressed in the off-season with at least 3 replacement options for Kelsay and Schobel we will be 7-9 again guaranteed. Look at 2. I agree with you. I aslo think this is part of Fewwell's problem. How do you bring a blitz and man coverage, when the blitz won't get there and ellison is such a run stop liability?

5) Our secondary deserves so much credit, including Whitner. Our secondary brings a butter knife to a gun fight every week because of our LB and DE play. Whitner is falling fast for me. But again, he may be victim to the fact that no one gets to the QB and our secondary is running around all game.

6) Ellison needs to be cut. I am 42 years old and I will put $5,000 down that I can beat him in any foot race. 40 yard, 100 yard, whatever. I wouldn't cut him. He's good depth. he is a decent linebacker for a spell or game or two. You can't play him for 16 games.

7) Steve Johnson might be our answer at #2. Maybe. Roscoe Parrish should be traded because his value is not there for this team. I'd be all for letting roscoe go for picks. He's over priced, easily injured, and not properly used. His ST production has dropped off big time.

8) Get a center. I watched the Giants punish the Panthers with a ground game that could just as easily be ours. We get that Center, and Lynch may be ready to hvae a break out year.

9) Peters has to stay for so many reasons other than his play. Trading him is a giant mistake. Agreed.

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
I think the way this Dline has played without him speaks for itself.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
His sack total has been going down for the last 3 seasons. He was good in run D- I'll give you that. But he wasn't getting anywhere NEAR the QB before his injury, much like 2007. And with Stroud, he doesn't have the double team excuse. Also, he said himself he was getting "too old for this ****" in a Mic'd Up segment. Steadily declining numbers+ not getting near the QB+ saying himself that he's too old= washed up.

And to be perfectly honest, I was never enamored with Schobel in the first place. He's supposed to be one of these TD "high motor" guys but he disappears for games at a time and tends to pad his stats in garbage time rather than making plays when the game is on the line.

I dont think you can include Schobel's comment as being washed up. Maybe he meant Im getting old for being on a constantly rebuilding team that is spinning its wheels in the mud?

Your first two points; declining numbers, and not getting near the QB are the same point. His pass rush is down, nobody is arguing that, but his run support is up. I know some think pass rush is the end all be all stat of a DE, but I prefer a more complete DE than a pure pass rush only DE, which for years I blasted Schobel about but he showed up this year with a more complete arsenal of moves. I also wonder how long his injury was around for, I thought I read he was playing injured for a little while in the year. I agree with you he needs to get his pass rush numbers up but to say he is washed up is going to far imo.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Trapezus good points on Fewell.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2008, 11:11 AM

1) I am with you here
2) agreed
3) I am liking Johnson more and more
4) Agreed we need a huge upgrade here but do you honestly believe they will drop kelsey and Schobel and eat all that money? NO WAY. Most certainly draft a difference making D end to work in with what we have and hope Schobel bounces back
5) Secondary is fine. Leodis is starting to look like a stud
6) Ellison does suck but I wouldn't be pissed if he were a second teamer.
7) Johnson could develop. I like what I see there
8) Center is an absolute MUST!
9) agreed.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
4) Agreed we need a huge upgrade here but do you honestly believe they will drop kelsey and Schobel and eat all that money? NO WAY. Most certainly draft a difference making D end to work in with what we have and hope Schobel bounces back

Must be Christmas if we are this much in agreement.

On point #4 I think the Bills will back fill and see what they have first.

If they feel really good about what they have than I see them renegotiating with Schobel or trading him. I think Kelsay is stuck on our roster.

ddaryl
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
1) We have a QB. He was not perfect this year but he has the team and he is good enough to take us wherevere we want to go. We would have beat the Jets and Miami and he played the last two weeks, no doubt.\

YES

I've been saying this for awhile, even started a thread on it a little while back

Yes its the DE's that suck, but we all know this

We need 2 new starters... Kelsay, Denney are 2nd stringers at best, Schobel has never been great but can start. We can improve over Schobel though

The more pressure on the QB the better your D Backfield will look. The better the DL plays the better our LB's and DB's play... It all starts in the trenches

LOL!, I know what you're saying but I'll match your $5k and put it on Ellison. But Ellison is not the answer

No argument here, still want to see Steve get some significan tplaying time against NE.

We all agree that C is a priority as is DE in FA

However Peters is becoming a verbal cancer, he deserves a pay raise, but the Bills told him after the season and he is whining early... I would rather have him, but I'm not thrilled with him. If he becomes a major ***** then get 2 1st rd picks for him, but that is plan B

madness
12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Our D stinks because we have absolutely no pass rush without blitzing and Kieth Ellison gets abused on a regular basis.

We fix those two things and we easily go from a skeptical top 15 defense to a legit top 10 D.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:37 AM

LOL!, I know what you're saying but I'll match your $5k and put it on Ellison. But Ellison is not the answer

I am so serious about this that if anyone can set it up I'll donate the money to a local charity in Buffalo win or lose.

However, I will win.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2008, 11:38 AM

I've been right for about 4 years that JP is a bum.

I've been right about the Bills record every since they started playing division games this year.

I've been right the past 4 years saying one of the biggest problems has been the Bills lack of pass rush.

I was right about Donahoe, G. Williams, Mularkey, Whitner, and bunch of of other things.

I am the the greatest. All hail the ~Dummy. :bow:

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I am so serious about this that if anyone can set it up I'll donate the money to a local charity in Buffalo win or lose.

However, I will win.

Ellison runs in the 4.6-4.7 range at a 40 yard, dash do you think you are even close to that?

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Ellison runs in the 4.6-4.7 range at a 40 yard, dash do you think you are even close to that?

He's not running a 4.6 to 4.7 on the field, guaranteed. Did you watch the game yesterday? It was bad.

I raced a former track star from the Citadel last year and beat his ass in loafers. I like my chances.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I've been right for about 4 years that JP is a bum.

I've been right about the Bills record every since they started playing division games this year.

I've been right the past 4 years saying one of the biggest problems has been the Bills lack of pass rush.

I was right about Donahoe, G. Williams, Mularkey, Whitner, and bunch of of other things.

I am the the greatest. All hail the ~Dummy. :bow:

There's a pretty big difference in *****ing versus putting yourself out there in the thread.

People want to criticize me for grand standing but I'm just willing to put my money where my mouth is.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
He's not running a 4.6 to 4.7 on the field, guaranteed. Did you watch the game yesterday? It was bad.

I raced a former track star from the Citadel last year and beat his ass in loafers. I like my chances.

How old was said track star?

I dont really think you have either, the ability, the camera angle, or the proper setting to determine exactly how fast Ellison is running on the field. I think to say you can beat him is ridiculous unless you are in sprinting shape. This is a trained professional athlete not some joe blow from around the corner. Im not putting any money towards this stunt, nor should anybody else. I just find it amusing that you are that sure that you could beat him in a foot race.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
There's a pretty big difference in *****ing versus putting yourself out there in the thread.

People want to criticize me for grand standing but I'm just willing to put my money where my mouth is.

What money? This 5000 dollar attention stunt you're pulling? That you are touting about because you know nobody is going to call you on it? That takes some real balls let me tell you.

Also putting yourself out there in a thread, isn't really all that impressive, either. We all do it here, thats why we post here.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:51 AM
How old was said track star?

I dont really think you have either, the ability, the camera angle, or the proper setting to determine exactly how fast Ellison is running on the field. I think to say you can beat him is ridiculous unless you are in sprinting shape. This is a trained professional athlete not some joe blow from around the corner. Im not putting any money towards this stunt, nor should anybody else. I just find it amusing that you are that sure that you could beat him in a foot race.

If the board can make it happen I'll be there with check book in hand.

I'm not stupid enough to show up to buffalo without being in good enough shape to whip his ass.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 11:55 AM
What money? This 5000 dollar attention stunt you're pulling? That you are touting about because you know nobody is going to call you on it? That takes some real balls let me tell you.

Also putting yourself out there in a thread, isn't really all that impressive, either. We all do it here, thats why we post here.

Attention stunt? I'm not lacking for attention but if a charity can benefit from it I'm all for it.

PM me if you doubt my sincerity.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Attention stunt? I'm not lacking for attention but if a charity can benefit from it I'm all for it.

PM me if you doubt my sincerity.
PM you about what? I have no interest in trying to stroke your ego by feeding into this stunt.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 11:57 AM
If the board can make it happen I'll be there with check book in hand.

I'm not stupid enough to show up to buffalo without being in good enough shape to whip his ass.

How old was the former track stud, when you raced him? You either missed, or avoided the question when I first asked it.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I dont think you can include Schobel's comment as being washed up. Maybe he meant Im getting old for being on a constantly rebuilding team that is spinning its wheels in the mud?

Your first two points; declining numbers, and not getting near the QB are the same point. His pass rush is down, nobody is arguing that, but his run support is up. I know some think pass rush is the end all be all stat of a DE, but I prefer a more complete DE than a pure pass rush only DE, which for years I blasted Schobel about but he showed up this year with a more complete arsenal of moves. I also wonder how long his injury was around for, I thought I read he was playing injured for a little while in the year. I agree with you he needs to get his pass rush numbers up but to say he is washed up is going to far imo.

Except that we play a Cover 2 and a lack of a consistent pass rush causes the whole system to break down.

HHURRICANE
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
How old was the former track stud, when you raced him? You either missed, or avoided the question when I first asked it.

Mid 20s.

As far as stroking my ego I'm having fun. If fun turns into something that benfits others than great.

Maybe you need to stop taking yourself so seriously.

This board is entertainment.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Except that we play a Cover 2 and a lack of a consistent pass rush causes the whole system to break down.

But how does our system sucking (which I agree with) automatically make Schobel washed up?? Also the Cover 2 has to also stop the run, and it relies on its front 4 to also do that.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Mid 20s.

As far as stroking my ego I'm having fun. If fun turns into something that benfits others than great.

Maybe you need to stop taking yourself so seriously.

This board is entertainment.

:rofl:

I can tell that, needless to say I think you can leave your checkbook at home. If you really want to benefit somebody just give 5 grand away, that would make anybody feel better during the holiday season, especially during hard economic times.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 12:13 PM
But how does our system sucking (which I agree with) automatically make Schobel washed up?? Also the Cover 2 has to also stop the run, and it relies on its front 4 to also do that.

He's washed up because he can't get to the QB.

The system sucking doesn't make him washed up, but because the system sucks, Schobel being washed up has an even more profound effect.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 12:30 PM
You still haven't proven how Schobel is washed up though. All you've done is point out the uncontested point that his sack numbers are down. That doesn't mean he is washed up though.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
You still haven't proven how Schobel is washed up though. All you've done is point out the uncontested point that his sack numbers are down. That doesn't mean he is washed up though.

So, a player's performance dropping steadily in his main area of responsibility doesn't prove that he's washed up? Yeah, ok.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 01:06 PM
So, a player's performance dropping steadily in his main area of responsibility doesn't prove that he's washed up? Yeah, ok.

He has two areas of responsibility not just one. He dropped in one and improved in the other, so no it doesnt prove anything.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
He has two areas of responsibility not just one. He dropped in one and improved in the other, so no it doesnt prove anything.

while he is better in the run game, it hardly makes up for his lack of a pass rush, especially in a C2 defense.

billogic99
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM

Trent is injury prone and has no clue how to play the position when he faces a stout Defenses. Also Cold weather games are still in question, I know he played well yesterday, but anyone can have a good game from time to time. Trent is a decent QB, but to believe this guy will get it done when it counts is a mistake. I'm not even close to being convinced this guy is the future.

Sucks? No, bad yes.

hmmmm, 19th overall, given up over 1700 yards rushing in 15 games and a 4.4 ypc avg? I strongly disagree our interior Line is good, below avg would be more accurate. Marcus Stroud was supposed to be this huge addition to this team and he's been basically a non factor. I think the Bills would have been better served signing Shaun Rogers, they had the chance to get him and went with Stroud instead....mistake IMO.

I agree this team can't compete or even survive with the DE'd they have now. Changes need to be made.

So much of what the secondary can do is based on the effectivness of the fiont 7, if they don't do their job up front you have no idea what you have in the secondary. We may have three pro bowlers we may not, but you'll have a much clearer picture if the front 7 is effective.

Agree.

If he continues to play well and teams start to focus on stopping him and he still continues to exceed, I'll agree, but to think he's getting any respect at all from other teams right now is very unlikely. Too early to tell what we have with him.

Agree 100%.

Too bad his professionalism doesn't match his ability the play the position. He's a head case, it's always something with this guy. He's also injured a lot. And now with a second probowl selection his ego will be even bigger, so will the dollars signs in his eyes. I think the best situation for the Bills would be to trade him. JMO.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
while he is better in the run game, it hardly makes up for his lack of a pass rush, especially in a C2 defense.

I disagree, the Bills were pretty good against the run early on and a lot of that was a credit to Schobel and the work Stroud did on the inside.

Mahdi
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM

# 2, 4 and 5 of your post are in contradiction of each other. First you say that our D sucks and that Fewell should be fired for that reason. Then in #4 you say that if we dont heavily address the DE position for next year we are looking at another 7-9 season. Then you comeback in #5 with... our secondary has been great and deserve a lot of credit.

If you were truly posting without emotion and being purely logical then you would realize that your arguments against Fewell make no sense.

First of all... Fewell coaches the DBs as part of his defense and he is the one who puts them in position so if they get credit he gets some of that credit as well. Second, if you acknowledge that the Bills are sorely short-handed at DE then seeing as how Fewell runs a cover 2 scheme it should be obvious that his success will be limited. In that case blaming Fewell is nonsensical. If you were truly objective you would realize that maybe if Fewell had 2 pass rushing DEs on his defense like Freeney and Mathis then he would be having A LOT more success then he is now when you combine it with the success he and the secondary have had.

Lastly, the Bills Defense has kept them in every single game this year except for the Cardinals game and even in that game it was a 1 touchdown game until midway through the 3rd quarter.

Sorry but nothing supports your claim that Fewell has done a bad job. He has actually done a fantastic job with the scraps he has been given. Considering how well his defense has played this year, imagine how good this D can be with the return of Schobel and a REAL pass rusher at LDE, and maybe an upgrade for Ellsion.

Mahdi
12-22-2008, 04:30 PM

Trent is injury prone and has no clue how to play the position when he faces a stout Defenses. Also Cold weather games are still in question, I know he played well yesterday, but anyone can have a good game from time to time. Trent is a decent QB, but to believe this guy will get it done when it counts is a mistake. I'm not even close to being convinced this guy is the future.

Sucks? No, bad yes.

hmmmm, 19th overall, given up over 1700 yards rushing in 15 games and a 4.4 ypc avg? I strongly disagree our interior Line is good, below avg would be more accurate. Marcus Stroud was supposed to be this huge addition to this team and he's been basically a non factor. I think the Bills would have been better served signing Shaun Rogers, they had the chance to get him and went with Stroud instead....mistake IMO.

I agree this team can't compete or even survive with the DE'd they have now. Changes need to be made.

So much of what the secondary can do is based on the effectivness of the fiont 7, if they don't do their job up front you have no idea what you have in the secondary. We may have three pro bowlers we may not, but you'll have a much clearer picture if the front 7 is effective.

Agree.

If he continues to play well and teams start to focus on stopping him and he still continues to exceed, I'll agree, but to think he's getting any respect at all from other teams right now is very unlikely. Too early to tell what we have with him.

Agree 100%.

Too bad his professionalism doesn't match his ability the play the position. He's a head case, it's always something with this guy. He's also injured a lot. And now with a second probowl selection his ego will be even bigger, so will the dollars signs in his eyes. I think the best situation for the Bills would be to trade him. JMO.

Stroud has been the SOLE reason that our D has been solid against the run this year. The stats may not reflect that but that is because teams are always running on us late into the 4th quarter. You can tell our run D has been solid based on how well we defend the run in the first half of games. Sure there have been a couple of big plays allowed here and there but overall the run D has improved BIG TIME and that is all Stroud.

acehole
12-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Settle down bevis...we did this prior to last year.

We have a team capable of beating the best that this league has to offer and losing to the worse........

Heartbreaking.

I am sorry but that is coaching...

Mahdi
12-22-2008, 05:22 PM

We have a team capable of beating the best that this league has to offer and losing to the worse........

Heartbreaking.

We absolutely do NOT have a team that is capable of beating the best this league has to offer. Without a pass rush and a consistent offense the best teams in this league would eat us alive. We got swept by the Dolphins and Jets for that exact reason.

This team is struggling because we are weak/inconsistent in 2 crucial areas... Pass rush and quarterbacking. No coach in the NFL now or ever could have made those areas of our team better just by better coaching. Its a purely a personnel issue. Denney and Kelsay are not going to dictate to offenses and Trent's inexperience along with JP's lack of ability have been a liability that is too difficult to overcome on a consistent basis.

billogic99
12-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Stroud has been the SOLE reason that our D has been solid against the run this year. The stats may not reflect that but that is because teams are always running on us late into the 4th quarter. You can tell our run D has been solid based on how well we defend the run in the first half of games. Sure there have been a couple of big plays allowed here and there but overall the run D has improved BIG TIME and that is all Stroud.

I disagree, Stroud is less than impressive. Did you see any difference in what you saw from Shaun Rogers and Marcus Stroud when the Bills played the Browns? Rogers was playing like a probowler and Stroud was quite as a church mouse. The only reason you could possibly see a large upgrade at that position for the Bills is because it was so bad the last couple of years. Hardly a reason to think Stroud is anything special. Maybe if the Bills add a couple of pass rushing DE's Stroud makes more of an impact, but he hasn't seperated himself as a game changer for this team at this time.

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Heartbreaking.

I am sorry but that is coaching...:lolabove:

Owen DeBoard
12-22-2008, 06:57 PM

Heartbreaking.

I agree 100 percent.