X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Time to listen to me without emotion!!

This team is neither as good or as bad as people think. I called the last three games correctly, with conviction, because I don't look at this team myopically like so many around here. What we have and what we don't:

1) We have a QB. He was not perfect this year but he has the team and he is good enough to take us wherevere we want to go. We would have beat the Jets and Miami and he played the last two weeks, no doubt.

2) Our D sucks. Anyone who thinks that Perry Fewell is a good coordinator doesn't know football.

3) Our interior D line is good.

4) If DEs don't get addressed in the off-season with at least 3 replacement options for Kelsay and Schobel we will be 7-9 again guaranteed.

5) Our secondary deserves so much credit, including Whitner. Our secondary brings a butter knife to a gun fight every week because of our LB and DE play.

6) Ellison needs to be cut. I am 42 years old and I will put $5,000 down that I can beat him in any foot race. 40 yard, 100 yard, whatever.

7) Steve Johnson might be our answer at #2. Maybe. Roscoe Parrish should be traded because his value is not there for this team.

8) Get a center. I watched the Giants punish the Panthers with a ground game that could just as easily be ours.

9) Peters has to stay for so many reasons other than his play. Trading him is a giant mistake.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Time to listen to me without emotion!!

i actually dont hate this post.. for once.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

1) Agreed. Trent is the future of the BBills. Dump JP, bring in an "old" veteran for when TE takes his annual 3 game injured benching.

2) Agreed. The Cover 2 has to go. I dont believe in the addage that we don't have the personnel for a different D. Most players can play in any D. Drop 1 or 2 and replace them for the select few who can't adapt.

3) Agree

4-5) Agree. Better DE's = More INTs, punts, and fumbles

6) Agreed. A lot of heart, no talent

7) Dump Roscoe now.

8) Center/Guard (along with 1 stud DE) are my hopes for Offseason 2008)

9) Disagree. Franchise him and trade him (a-la Peerless Price). If noone offers the trade, we keep him at a fair price (I do think he is good enough to be top 5 Tackle in this league, but I think we have capable backups who can fill in his spot if he leaves). Use the first #1 draft pick on a DE and the second on a Center.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        This team is neither as good or as bad as people think. I called the last three games correctly, with conviction, because I don't look at this team myopically like so many around here. What we have and what we don't:

1) We have a QB. He was not perfect this year but he has the team and he is good enough to take us wherevere we want to go. We would have beat the Jets and Miami and he played the last two weeks, no doubt.

2) Our D sucks. Anyone who thinks that Perry Fewell is a good coordinator doesn't know football.

4) If DEs don't get addressed in the off-season with at least 3 replacement options for Kelsay and Schobel we will be 7-9 again guaranteed.

5) Our secondary deserves so much credit, including Whitner. Our secondary brings a butter knife to a gun fight every week because of our LB and DE play.

6) Ellison needs to be cut. I am 42 years old and I will put $5,000 down that I can beat him in any foot race. 40 yard, 100 yard, whatever.

7) Steve Johnson might be our answer at #2. Maybe. Roscoe Parrish should be traded because his value is not there for this team.

8) Get a center. I watched the Giants punish the Panthers with a ground game that could just as easily be ours.

9) Peters has to stay for so many reasons other than his play. Trading him is a giant mistake.
        You forgot the most important thing we need is a good head coach. I also dont know what your problem is with Schobel. Without Schobel this D-line sucks. He is not the problem.
        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Another self-serving post, really?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

The Bills are not going to get 2 new DE's.

Fewell has not done a bad job. For a defense to jump 15 spots in one year is a positive.

I like Steve Johnson, but appointing him a #2 is way premature.

And trading Peters would be extremely stupid. Dumber than anything this franchise has done in ten years.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
              You forgot the most important thing we need is a good head coach. I also dont know what your problem is with Schobel. Without Schobel this D-line sucks. He is not the problem.
              My problem with Schobel is that he was terrible in 2007, he was on his way to looking worse in 2008, so why would I believe he's going to do anything in 2009?

Guaranteed had he not got injured he would still not have been worth anything. How well did he start?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

My problem with Schobel is that he was terrible in 2007, he was on his way to looking worse in 2008, so why would I believe he's going to do anything in 2009?

Guaranteed had he not got injured he would still not have been worth anything. How well did he start?
                He was actually not playing that bad and had been outstanding against the run.

Replace Kelsay. Let Denney be #3 (where he is fine). Get and OLB to replace Ellison.

That will make the defense much better.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Another self-serving post, really?
                  I have the guts to put myself out there. Didn't see alot of people coming back to tell me I was right about the last 3 weeks.

If being right is self serving than call it what you like.

Argue the point.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

He was actually not playing that bad and had been outstanding against the run.

Replace Kelsay. Let Denney be #3 (where he is fine). Get and OLB to replace Ellison.

That will make the defense much better.
                    Also add a FS with ballhawking ability to replace Simpson and you have the makings of a very good D.

Say a draft like;
                    1. OLB Curry
                    2. FS Moore
                    3. DE Barwin

COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                      the DL wasn't anything great WITH Schobel. I don't know why so few people on this board seems to remember it. With Schobel the DL is mediocre at best, without him, it's a trainwreck. He is washed up and he was never as good as the hype in the first place. He's better than Denney, but that's not saying much.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I have the guts to put myself out there. Didn't see alot of people coming back to tell me I was right about the last 3 weeks.

If being right is self serving than call it what you like.

Argue the point.

I dont really have to, Doc did a pretty good job of tearing it up himself.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          the DL wasn't anything great WITH Schobel. I don't know why so few people on this board seems to remember it. With Schobel the DL is mediocre at best, without him, it's a trainwreck. He is washed up and he was never as good as the hype in the first place. He's better than Denney, but that's not saying much.

While his pass rush numbers were down this year, nobody can deny the difference he did make in our run D. To say he is washed up is a little premature, imo. What do you have to base that off of? His sack total was down but his run support was improved?
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            While his pass rush numbers were down this year, nobody can deny the difference he did make in our run D. To say he is washed up is a little premature, imo. What do you have to base that off of? His sack total was down but his run support was improved?
                            His sack total has been going down for the last 3 seasons. He was good in run D- I'll give you that. But he wasn't getting anywhere NEAR the QB before his injury, much like 2007. And with Stroud, he doesn't have the double team excuse. Also, he said himself he was getting "too old for this ****" in a Mic'd Up segment. Steadily declining numbers+ not getting near the QB+ saying himself that he's too old= washed up.

And to be perfectly honest, I was never enamored with Schobel in the first place. He's supposed to be one of these TD "high motor" guys but he disappears for games at a time and tends to pad his stats in garbage time rather than making plays when the game is on the line.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

1. I'll buy that. Trent performs okay most of the time. But fact of the matter is, the team should not be built around him. He is not a superstar - Lynch is. The team needs to be built around Lynch - and I have confidence that Trent can manage a game if we got a better run blocking Oline!

2. Our D does not suck Our capacity to penetrate and disrupt the qb is not there. Cover 2 depends entirely on that, and if it's not there, it falls apart. Improve that, and our cover 2 will look awesome. We have a great corp of CBs now (a weakness last year) and a decent corp of LBs. We need an outstanding Dline however to make the cover 2 work. If we draft a top DE, take a look at some in FA that are affordable to replace what we have now, and if Ellis could step up - that could all change next year.

3. Stroud is good. That's it. Kyle hasn't done much and McCargo is gone - we need his replacement...

4. I'm not sure what the FO will do here, but I wouldn't cry if Denney and Kelsay weren't available. But I don't have much confidence in this FO...

5. Agreed.

6. It'd be great to have someone to replace him, but DE is by far the more important upgrade needed.

7. Agreed on SJ but not on Parrish. Parrish has value as a punt returner and a backup slot to Reed.

8. Agreed Get a real Center and some road grating guards also - draft the guards, draft a Center, but grab a Center in FA while the rookies learn...

Comment

Working...
                              X