I really like our secondary but we might have to live with McKelvin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I really like our secondary but we might have to live with McKelvin.

McKlevin is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I think his entire career is going to be "love him and hate him". This is a guy who is going to try and get the big play but maybe at the expense of getting burned. I think the team needs some play makers on D and I think he's going to be one of them. I like the pick even though I'll be cursing his name for years to come.

Who was Reggie Corner filling in for because I think he just landed the spot for next year.

Whitner is never, ever, going to be great. He's a Josh Reed pick. The guy with a real pass rush and some LBs in front of him will be a solid player for years to come.

Bryan Scott is a hitter. We have been missing a guy like this for a while. I hope he stays on next year.

I will not miss Greer. I can't name a player in recent history that has garnered more praise for being completely overrated. The team that signs him is going to get a bust.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: I really like our secondary but we might have to live with McKelvin.

I like McKelvin, almost specifically for his risk taking. I'd rather see someone get burnt a few times but also make big plays instead of someone just playing it safe and keeping the completion under 10 yards.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
      I like McKelvin, almost specifically for his risk taking. I'd rather see someone get burnt a few times but also make big plays instead of someone just playing it safe and keeping the completion under 10 yards.
      Yeah, hard to see that in writing but I agree. Plus his attitude, although, annoying, is breath of fresh air. We have some pussies on this roster.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

May I assume you were a big fan of Nate Clements?

Comment

• jdbillsfan
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          McKlevin is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I think his entire career is going to be "love him and hate him". This is a guy who is going to try and get the big play but maybe at the expense of getting burned. I think the team needs some play makers on D and I think he's going to be one of them. I like the pick even though I'll be cursing his name for years to come.

Who was Reggie Corner filling in for because I think he just landed the spot for next year.

Whitner is never, ever, going to be great. He's a Josh Reed pick. The guy with a real pass rush and some LBs in front of him will be a solid player for years to come.

Bryan Scott is a hitter. We have been missing a guy like this for a while. I hope he stays on next year.

I will not miss Greer. I can't name a player in recent history that has garnered more praise for being completely overrated. The team that signs him is going to get a bust.
          I am not sure how you can say Greer is going to be a bust, but Whitner will be a solid player.

Greer has already shown more than Whitner in his limited playing time. Two INT's for TDs, good coverage on the outside.

Whitner missed the tackle on the long Eddie Royal run and should have had the INT on the errant Cutler throw. Other than that, was no where to be found. Vs the Jets, they targeted him all game long. That wasn't all pass rush.

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

If he's smart about it, those big plays will be worth it. If not, he'll just be another Nate Clements.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              May I assume you were a big fan of Nate Clements?
              You might want to look up how many picks Clements had. Not that many.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                I am not sure how you can say Greer is going to be a bust, but Whitner will be a solid player.

Greer has already shown more than Whitner in his limited playing time. Two INT's for TDs, good coverage on the outside.

Whitner missed the tackle on the long Eddie Royal run and should have had the INT on the errant Cutler throw. Other than that, was no where to be found. Vs the Jets, they targeted him all game long. That wasn't all pass rush.
                The two picks Greer got this year anyone on this board could have made. I watched Greer get toasted as much or more than Whitner.

Whitner gets alot of crap because the team is constantly putting him in bad spots. How many different positions has he filled in for?

The SS postions is the most thankless job on the team.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You might want to look up how many picks Clements had. Not that many.
                  Nonetheless, he's a gambler as RS described.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Nonetheless, he's a gambler as RS described.
                    Let's hope McKlevin has a few more balls in his hands.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

The two picks Greer got this year anyone on this board could have made. I watched Greer get toasted as much or more than Whitner.

Whitner gets alot of crap because the team is constantly putting him in bad spots. How many different positions has he filled in for?

The SS postions is the most thankless job on the team.
                      Could anyone have returned them both for TD's as well?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• billsfanone
                        Majored in Home Economics
                        • Sep 2008

I was critical of McKelvin early and I'll eat my crow. He's shown a lot for a rookie. He can only get better. Another upside to a CB who gambles is QBs have to be more honest knowing there is a threat out there.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

With Youboty down and Greer out, Corner was our nickle CB. He looked good too.

I like McKelvins attitude. He even got in Cutler's face when Cutler got in the refs ear.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                            With Youboty down and Greer out, Corner was our nickle CB. He looked good too.

I like McKelvins attitude. He even got in Cutler's face when Cutler got in the refs ear.
                            If Corner is in for Greer that we don't need Greer. I've seen enough of Corner to make me believe he can play.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              Could anyone have returned them both for TD's as well?
                              I was at the Jets game and I think my mother could have run it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X