PDA

View Full Version : Wilson says Jauron's fate to be decided in next 2 weeks..

JJamezz
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Per WGR..

Said he hasn't made a decision, but will shortly..

At least its not a vote of confidence! :up:

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
aaarrrggghhh..... this is how the Buffalo Bills continuously suck the fun out of football.

If we win this week, we could potentially knock the Patriots out of the playoffs, which would be GREAT.

But at the same time, a win may save Jauron's job and doom us to at least one more year of mediocrity. So, while it's impossible for me to root against the Bills, a Bills win probably isn't in our long term interest as fans. WTF?

Mr. Pink
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
The vote of confidence usually ends up meaning the coach is as good as gone though.

Night Train
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Good luck selling the ticket buying fans 21-27 & no playoffs.

Mitchy moo
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Good luck selling the ticket buying fans 21-27 & no playoffs.

We're stupid & would fill the stadium as soon as TC hits regardless. Amnesia hits us all in the spring, it must be something in the water.

madness
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson says Dick Jauron's future as head coach will be determined within the next two weeks during end-of-season meetings with Wilson and his top executives.

No big news except stating the obvious.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=753209

Ed
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I talked to Chris Brown here in Denver Saturday night before the game and he thinks it's 50/50 that Jauron returns. Not exactly helpful or ground breaking, but I thought I'd share at least.

acehole
12-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Per WGR..

Said he hasn't made a decision, but will shortly..

At least its not a vote of confidence! :up:

Ok I will start it...

There is a lot of pressure on dick to preform.

Does dick really have to jump through that big hoop...

All eyes on dick in the next two weeks...

Will dick be cut short?

Things for dick will get really hard very soon...

Do you think dick will be soft on his players the last two weeks or will dick be hard on them...

Dick is sure to rise to the occasion.

Any to add people...

Crisis
12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
i would LOVE to knock new england out of the playoffs... but at the expense of keeping jauron? AHHHHH

raphael120
12-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't see how winning against Denver and the Pats in meaningless games makes up for the fact that you're 1-5 in the division (if we do win the Pats game).

The division is a big chunk of your schedule and if you can't figure out how to beat people in your own division, you'll never make the playoffs.

Jaurons shown that he can beat teams in our divison that totally blow, but once the teams in our division are competent and have better coaching, Jauron is a glaring weakness.

I think it's safe to say we have the worst coach in the division.

acehole
12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I don't see how winning against Denver and the Pats in meaningless games makes up for the fact that you're 1-5 in the division (if we do win the Pats game).

The division is a big chunk of your schedule and if you can't figure out how to beat people in your own division, you'll never make the playoffs.

Jaurons shown that he can beat teams in our divison that totally blow, but once the teams in our division are competent and have better coaching, Jauron is a glaring weakness.

Bingo!

Jan Reimers
12-22-2008, 05:03 PM

I agree with everything you've said, except I wouldn't limit Jauron's "worstness" to the division.

raphael120
12-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I agree with everything you've said, except I wouldn't limit Jauron's "worstness" to the division.

I think he may be one of the 6 worst in the league.

patmoran2006
12-22-2008, 07:01 PM
If he admits he hasnt decided, than losing to NE and going 0-6 in our division is pretty much a done deal for NE.

But although I rooted (going in at least) for Denver last week, this week I want the Bills to win.. I soon realized I was making a mistake, and NOTHING is more important to this team than Trent continuing to play well and develop.

Beating NE would be HUGE for his career, especially mentally.

jimbohastle51
12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
i have been against jauron staying for along with most of you, but after thinking about it, i feel jauron might be our best bet. at least for one more year. if dick buys out his contract and pays another coach no one will be happy with the new coach. it wont be cowher, or billick, or anyone like that for that matter. after ralph pays the 3-6 million buyout to jauron he is not going to pay a coach anymore that 500k to 1million to coach and we will probably get a not so hot commodity at that. trent has been very good this year for a first year starter. say what you want about his interceptions and the couple games he missed for injury, but all in all if you look at his rating and really watched him play besides the learning mistakes that EVERY young QB will make he has been very good and given us every reason to be excited about our teams future. saying that, the last thing i want is to bring in another coach who either doesnt like trent or wants to tweak things after we are already seeing signs that trent is really coming into his own, and starts stripping things and players down. i think with another off season of free agency and draft we will be primed for more than just a wildcard birth next year. and if it doesnt happen after next year that by all means get rid of jauron for good!

T-Long
12-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I caught myself not even rooting really loud and crazy like I usually do...I caught myself watching it like I watch most NFL games. But when they actually started to look like an NFL team, I caught myself going back into my old ways of jumping throughout the house and screaming my lungs out

patmoran2006
12-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I caught myself not even rooting really loud and crazy like I usually do...I caught myself watching it like I watch most NFL games. But when they actually started to look like an NFL team, I caught myself going back into my old ways of jumping throughout the house and screaming my lungs out
me to

DynaPaul
12-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Any to add people...

Will Wilson let him coach out the contract extension or eat a Dick?

TigerJ
12-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Personally, I always hope for the win and let the chips fall where they may.

elltrain22
12-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I've been saying this ever since our embarrassing loss to Cleveland, "the Dick" is as good as gone. I think RW realizes everything he has to gain (fans will be happy, optimism, hope for the future, etc) and everything he has to lose (fans respect, less season tix sold, fan base could be jeopardized, makes him look bad & selfish, good candidates out there). Not sure who said it in an earlier post, but he was exactly right to the extent that "the Dick" can outcoach others who are inept or simply are lacking talent, but if he faces a competent coach w/ comparable talent, he will more than likely be literally outcoached. the Dick has been called out many times for his questionable decisions in games all year. We've seen him outcoached versus too many opponents for too long, its time for a change. Please Ralph, let it happen. Give us some hope

Nighthawk
12-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I'd like what's best for the future of this organization and that is a loss and this team ridding themselves of Jauron. One win over a mediocre Denver team in a meaningless game does not erase one of the biggest season collapses in NFL history. Wow, it's amazing how people forget how bad this guy is by just winning a game.