PDA

View Full Version : Let's assume that Jauron is fired.....

gr8slayer
12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
How would you feel about the hiring of Andy Reid? There is a lot of talk that Reid is done for in Philly if they miss the playoffs this year, I think he instantly becomes the best candidate available for the Bills.

What say you?

Nighthawk
12-22-2008, 09:22 PM
How would you feel about the hiring of Andy Reid? There is a lot of talk that Reid is done for in Philly if they miss the playoffs this year, I think he instantly becomes the best candidate available for the Bills.

What say you?

I would have no problem with them bringing in Reid. He's been successful and has been able to groom talent.

historypete
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
I'd love Andy Reid. I think he has a better running back in Lynch when compared to Westbrook, but not a better all around back. I think though, that translate into him using the running game more than he does in Philly.

The problem is Reid will cost too much and we don't pay for those type of head coaches. We'll probably go after someone with the great resume of Detroit's DC.

DraftBoy
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Andy Reid would be welcome here.

gr8slayer
12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I'd love Andy Reid. I think he has a better running back in Lynch when compared to Westbrook, but not a better all around back. I think though, that translate into him using the running game more than he does in Philly.

The problem is Reid will cost too much and we don't pay for those type of head coaches. We'll probably go after someone with the great resume of Detroit's DC.
Well, if Reid is too expensive then the Bills might as well hold on to Jauron because Jauron might be as good as it gets if that's the case.

Nighthawk
12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Well, if Reid is too expensive then the Bills might as well hold on to Jauron because Jauron might be as good as it gets if that's the case.

Nah, I'd be willing to bet that an inexperienced up & coming coordinator could have more success as a HC in the NFL then Dickey has. His record isn't really intimidating.

gr8slayer
12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Nah, I'd be willing to bet that an inexperienced up & coming coordinator could have more success as a HC in the NFL then Dickey has. His record isn't really intimidating.
The only serious candidates that come to mind would require a lump sum of money as well, not as much as Reid in some cases, but a lump sum nonetheless.

Nighthawk
12-22-2008, 09:43 PM
The only serious candidates that come to mind would require a lump sum of money as well, not as much as Reid in some cases, but a lump sum nonetheless.

I know, but I'm willing to take my chances at this point. I know what Jauron is, we won't know what we have in a new HC until later...he may be great. We know that Jauron will NEVER be great!

gr8slayer
12-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I know, but I'm willing to take my chances at this point. I know what Jauron is, we won't know what we have in a new HC until later...he may be great. We know that Jauron will NEVER be great!
It's hard to say for sure that he will never be great, there are plenty of coaches who took years to finally get it and become champions. I just don't think he has the team or talent needed to get it done.

Nighthawk
12-22-2008, 09:47 PM
It's hard to say for sure that he will never be great, there are plenty of coaches who took years to finally get it and become champions. I just don't think he has the team or talent needed to get it done.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that this guy will never get it. 8 years and one winning season...you'd think he'd finally figure out why he wasn't haven't success!

Mitchy moo
12-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Reid cannot deal with his own kids, much less babysit a drooling owner like RW.

OpIv37
12-22-2008, 10:32 PM
In a perfect world, where Jauron is fired and the Bills actually go after the best available talent, Cowher would be my #1 and Holmgren and Reid would tie for #2 (they even look alike).

However, in the real world, I don't think any of the 3 are realistic options for the Bills, and in fact I think it's at least even money that Jauron returns.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-22-2008, 10:37 PM
while we are at it, lets just get GOd to coach... we have just as much chance there as to get reid or any other quality coach.

I'm not trying to throw cold water on this thread... I'm just not getting my hopes up for anything... it'll just lead to more massive dissapointment

Owen DeBoard
12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I would rather have Bobby April coaching then Dick Jauron because the special teams are always ready to play every sunday.

Jan Reimers
12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
As long as he comes with Donovan McNabb. . .

patmoran2006
12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
I dont even think about him.

Ralph is notoriously cheap when it comes to hiring coaches and at 90 years old, I dont think he'll stop that now, let alone hiring someone outside the organization at this point.

IF, and this is a big if we fire Jauron, April may be the first guy to go directly from ST to head coach.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I don't think it's realistic, much like Cowher, but I'd be all for it. He is a proven, winning coach.

Historian
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I like him.

So forget it. Buffalo would only tarnish his reputation.

Lets get a new owner instead.

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM

What say you?
Huge upgrade.

Lexwhat
12-23-2008, 10:17 AM

What say you?
I have a lot of respect for Andy Reid and the work he's done, and would be thrilled to have him here. IMHO, he is every bit as qualified as Bill Cowher. But:

1. If he came here, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a Front Office position. He has considerable power in personnel decisions with the Eagles.

2. I am really not convinced that the Eagles will fire him. Long-tenured coaches (e.g. Cowher, Fisher, Shanahan) have up and down seasons, and I think the only way Reid leaves is if the Eagles are a disaster next season.

3. In case Reid is fired this year, I think he takes a year off. He needs it.

4. There is going to be big-time competition for Andy Reid if he leaves Philly.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Holmgren is not going to be available he is definitely taking a year off...

I would erase Mr. H from anyone wish list... he's burnt out and needs the break

Reid would be on the short list along side of Billick and Cowher

Jeff1220
12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm not that crazy about Reed. He has a good eye for talent and good schemes, but his gameday coaching/decision-making makes me scratch my head.
His clock management is poor and his pass/run ratio is usually extremely lopsided (think Gilbride-in-Buffalo-lopsided, and you'd be getting close).
I'd take him as a GM, though.

patmoran2006
12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Huge upgrade.hows that JP losman style neck beard coming?

ServoBillieves
12-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Cowher, Billick, Reid, Fewell.

I'd be OK with any of these.

thenry20
12-23-2008, 01:59 PM

Sadly, I very much agree with everything you said.

paladin warrior
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah it ok with REID. But If Reid like good deal from Ralph. Reid will take cheap and Free Beer! :beer:

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah it ok with REID. But If Reid like good deal from Ralph. Reid will take cheap and Free Beer! :beer:
:rockon:

madness
12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not that crazy about Reed. He has a good eye for talent and good schemes, but his gameday coaching/decision-making makes me scratch my head.
His clock management is poor and his pass/run ratio is usually extremely lopsided (think Gilbride-in-Buffalo-lopsided, and you'd be getting close).
I'd take him as a GM, though.

... and people have a problem with Jauron's gameday management. :shakeno:

TheBrownBear
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Too pass happy. And his teams have been on a downhill slide since the Super Bowl year.

I'm done with Dick though. As good of a guy as he might be, he sucks as a coach. Our schedule will be much tougher next year, and we won't win 6 games with Dick Jauron coaching us.