X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Let's assume that Jauron is fired.....

How would you feel about the hiring of Andy Reid? There is a lot of talk that Reid is done for in Philly if they miss the playoffs this year, I think he instantly becomes the best candidate available for the Bills.

What say you?
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let's assume that Jauron is fired.....

Originally posted by Dreadnought94
    How would you feel about the hiring of Andy Reid? There is a lot of talk that Reid is done for in Philly if they miss the playoffs this year, I think he instantly becomes the best candidate available for the Bills.

What say you?
    I would have no problem with them bringing in Reid. He's been successful and has been able to groom talent.

Comment

• historypete
      • Feb 2005

I'd love Andy Reid. I think he has a better running back in Lynch when compared to Westbrook, but not a better all around back. I think though, that translate into him using the running game more than he does in Philly.

The problem is Reid will cost too much and we don't pay for those type of head coaches. We'll probably go after someone with the great resume of Detroit's DC.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Andy Reid would be welcome here.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by historypete
          I'd love Andy Reid. I think he has a better running back in Lynch when compared to Westbrook, but not a better all around back. I think though, that translate into him using the running game more than he does in Philly.

The problem is Reid will cost too much and we don't pay for those type of head coaches. We'll probably go after someone with the great resume of Detroit's DC.
          Well, if Reid is too expensive then the Bills might as well hold on to Jauron because Jauron might be as good as it gets if that's the case.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Well, if Reid is too expensive then the Bills might as well hold on to Jauron because Jauron might be as good as it gets if that's the case.
            Nah, I'd be willing to bet that an inexperienced up & coming coordinator could have more success as a HC in the NFL then Dickey has. His record isn't really intimidating.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              Nah, I'd be willing to bet that an inexperienced up & coming coordinator could have more success as a HC in the NFL then Dickey has. His record isn't really intimidating.
              The only serious candidates that come to mind would require a lump sum of money as well, not as much as Reid in some cases, but a lump sum nonetheless.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

The only serious candidates that come to mind would require a lump sum of money as well, not as much as Reid in some cases, but a lump sum nonetheless.
                I know, but I'm willing to take my chances at this point. I know what Jauron is, we won't know what we have in a new HC until later...he may be great. We know that Jauron will NEVER be great!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  I know, but I'm willing to take my chances at this point. I know what Jauron is, we won't know what we have in a new HC until later...he may be great. We know that Jauron will NEVER be great!
                  It's hard to say for sure that he will never be great, there are plenty of coaches who took years to finally get it and become champions. I just don't think he has the team or talent needed to get it done.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

It's hard to say for sure that he will never be great, there are plenty of coaches who took years to finally get it and become champions. I just don't think he has the team or talent needed to get it done.
                    I think it's pretty safe to assume that this guy will never get it. 8 years and one winning season...you'd think he'd finally figure out why he wasn't haven't success!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Reid cannot deal with his own kids, much less babysit a drooling owner like RW.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

In a perfect world, where Jauron is fired and the Bills actually go after the best available talent, Cowher would be my #1 and Holmgren and Reid would tie for #2 (they even look alike).

However, in the real world, I don't think any of the 3 are realistic options for the Bills, and in fact I think it's at least even money that Jauron returns.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

while we are at it, lets just get GOd to coach... we have just as much chance there as to get reid or any other quality coach.

I'm not trying to throw cold water on this thread... I'm just not getting my hopes up for anything... it'll just lead to more massive dissapointment
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                            • Sep 2007

I would rather have Bobby April coaching then Dick Jauron because the special teams are always ready to play every sunday.
                            To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

As long as he comes with Donovan McNabb. . .
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X