PDA

View Full Version : Ralph will decide Jaurons fate within next 2 weeks

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 09:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3788210

Don't know if this was posted yet... didn't see it near the top so here it is...

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Dick Jauron's future as coach of the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) will be determined in the next two weeks.
Bills owner Ralph Wilson told The Associated Press on Monday he still hasn't made up his mind, but he will use a series of end-of-season meetings with his top executives to come to a conclusion.
<!-- begin whole table -->
<!-- end sidebar table -->

"The decision will be made shortly," Wilson said, referring to the yet to be scheduled meetings. He said he'll seek input from chief operating officer Russ Brandon and chief scout Tom Modrak, and added that Jauron will also attend the meetings.
Speaking by phone from his home in suburban Detroit, Wilson declined to say which way he's leaning.
Wilson also declined to say whether Jauron had already agreed to or been offered a contract extension. Jauron is entering the final year of his three-year contract and is firmly on the hot seat after the Bills (7-8) lost seven of eight games prior to a 30-23 win at Denver on Sunday.
In stopping short of providing Jauron a vote of confidence, Wilson said he was impressed with how the players haven't given up on the coach.
"I don't know why he hasn't had a better record," Wilson said. "He's a heck of a good guy. And the players, I haven't seen them not play hard for him. They have played hard in the wins and the losses. I'm optimistic about our future."

more to be read follow the link

At least we'll know sooner then later...

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 09:22 AM
"I don't know why he hasn't had a better record," Wilson said.

He's stupid when it comes to picking OC's.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm not going to get my hopes up. It's nice to see that it hasn't been decided but I don't see this going well.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm not going to get my hopes up. It's nice to see that it hasn't been decided but I don't see this going well.

Well doing it early gets us into the mix for a top candidate, oif Ralph doesn't "Dodder"

We can hope and dream can't we.... no reason why Christmas can't come a little late for Bills fans

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I think the FO may once again ask Dick to get rid of Turk and Dick will say no and then get fired.

patmoran2006
12-23-2008, 09:41 AM
He can look to this board for "input!"

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 09:42 AM
This is just my opinion, but I don't want to get rid of Turk after just one season. Out of all the assistants, I'd rather see Dick and Fewell hit the road before Turk.

Historian
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Translation: We'll see what the accountant says about paying him off.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 09:58 AM
This is just my opinion, but I don't want to get rid of Turk after just one season. Out of all the assistants, I'd rather see Dick and Fewell hit the road before Turk.

Trent disagrees with you.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM

New HC new coordinators more then likely...

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Trent disagrees with you.

So what.

You can't just change it up every single season if it isn't perfect.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM
So what.

You can't just change it up every single season if it isn't perfect.
Talk about single seasons .... teams like miami , falcons and Ravens can put a better O on the field inspite of being in their first year of rebuild mode, I don't know why Turk couldn't do better or to say the elast just as well as theose teams.

Turks O wasn't in rebuild mode and he's also been familiar with his players than those other coaches.

Turks been copying other offenses in the middle of the season.The guy is in over his head. He isn't gonna outsmart a BB or Parcells team. Even if the O improves next year, it isn't gonna be good enough for the playoffs.

You keep TUrk, you are looking for mediocrity.

THis is the AFCE. It's become the toughest division again and we're basement dwellers again and the main reason is the O.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
proven coaches would make the biggest difference in our team IMO.... a head Coach who knows how to squeeze everything out of each player is what this organization needs the most. Too many players playing soft this year, not in the right position, and not being reamed for it. CLub Jauron is not what this young team needs... A size 11 firmly up the asses of those that under perform is the answer

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I think the entire staff stays.

Devin
12-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I think the entire staff stays.

Sad but true.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Sad but true.

I think we could create a better staff based solely on posters to run this team from top to bottom. That's what sad about it.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Talk about single seasons .... teams like miami , falcons and Ravens can put a better O on the field inspite of being in their first year of rebuild mode, I don't know why Turk couldn't do better or to say the elast just as well as theose teams.

Turks O wasn't in rebuild mode and he's also been familiar with his players than those other coaches.

Turks been copying other offenses in the middle of the season.The guy is in over his head. He isn't gonna outsmart a BB or Parcells team. Even if the O improves next year, it isn't gonna be good enough for the playoffs.

THis is the AFCE. It's become the toughest division again and we're basement dwellers again and the main reason is the O.

Toughest division...really? I don't think so.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 11:09 AM

Unless mediocrity has suddenly become difficult...

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM
it's not looking good if we're the basement dwellers in a divsion that isn't even the toughest yet. Imagine what will happen once Brady comes back , the jets retool and the fins are in their 2nd year of rebuild.

Seems to me every team in this division is progressing and we're regressing.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
The thing is, Dick reminds me of Marv. Both are great motivators . Players love playing for them. Marv however knew how to pick his assistants plus he had Polian. Dick creates kamikaze pilots. People who die for him in battles they cant win because his generals are idiots.

I can only imagine the success we could have if these players were put in asituation to succeed.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 11:47 AM
it's not looking good if we're the basement dwellers in a divsion that isn't even the toughest yet. Imagine what will happen once Brady comes back , the jets retool and the fins are in their 2nd year of rebuild.

Seems to me every team in this division is progressing and we're regressing.

Yeah, that happens every season. I wouldn't be calling the AFCE the toughest division though. I can think of two others that are tougher, maybe three.

trapezeus
12-23-2008, 12:06 PM
you know that jauron and co are staying. they are going to give new titles to these guys and all we are left with is prayer. We have to hope that jauron pulls off the coughlin story all over again.

Nighthawk
12-23-2008, 12:13 PM
If they keep Jauron, it might possibly be the single biggest mistake this organization ever made. It will surely cause a lot of people to think twice about renewing season tickets and it will show that this organization really doesn't care about winning. That is a brutal message to send to your fanbase...three consecutive losing seasons, a brutal collapse this season and this team actually moving backwards instead of taking steps forward and what does this get the coach? An extension? Umm, can you say mediocrity!?!?

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
If they keep Jauron, it might possibly be the single biggest mistake this organization ever made. It will surely cause a lot of people to think twice about renewing season tickets and it will show that this organization really doesn't care about winning. That is a brutal message to send to your fanbase...three consecutive losing seasons, a brutal collapse this season and this team actually moving backwards instead of taking steps forward and what does this get the coach? An extension? Umm, can you say mediocrity!?!?

Especially when there is going to be 3 or 4 proven HC candidates on the market this year.. if he stalls this year who the hell will be on the market next year... this is the year to make this move

jamze132
12-24-2008, 07:27 AM

Let's be fair. He had to deal with the mental midget.

jamze132
12-24-2008, 07:29 AM
What the **** does it say about our organization that we will have to wait two more weeks to make a decision about Dick's future?

How in the hell does Ralph not already know what he wants to do with Dick? Why should us losing to the Patriots have any bearing on Dick's job?

shelby
12-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Because Dick isn't getting fired, silly. Ralph's just telling the media what they want to hear.

Nighthawk
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Because Dick isn't getting fired, silly. Ralph's just telling the media what they want to hear.

And fans will tell them what they think by not renewing season tickets next year. There is nothing positive about Jauron coming back...zero, zip, ...nothing.

jimbohastle51
12-24-2008, 09:04 PM
its a done deal, ralph basically said it in his interview. jauron will be back i think he will just have alot of say in the draft and free agency taken away and that is why modrak is getting more power, because jauron needs to worry more on coaching and not the front office. i bet that is what happens, modrak runs the scouting of pro and college players and probably controls the draft with ralph and jauron will stricktly coach now and just relay things to them like hey i want a good Center or OLB and then modrak will go get it or do what he can instead of jauron looking at film from college players and Free agents and helping scout them as he has been doing his first 3 years here.