PDA

View Full Version : DE needs

zone
12-23-2008, 01:08 PM
We obviously have a major need for a pass rushing DE.

I liked the attitude and excitement that Hargrove brought.

He has proven to be a off field problem, but would anyone want him back on the cheap?

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 01:10 PM
We need more than just a pass rushing DE. We've seen how badly Denney and Kelsay get smoked because all they can do is up the field pass rush. Taking another guy who only does that would be a huge mistake.

Mitchell55
12-23-2008, 01:11 PM

He has proven to be a off field problem, but would anyone want him back on the cheap?

I would love for him to come back. He never got in adam jones or tank johnson trouble where goodell was vocal about it. In his 2nd year for the rams he had 6 sacks.

Mitchell55
12-23-2008, 01:12 PM
We need more than just a pass rushing DE. We've seen how badly Denney and Kelsay get smoked because all they can do is up the field pass rush. Taking another guy who only does that would be a huge mistake.

Hargrove is alot better than Denney and Kelsay. Also, Hargrove is more diverse than Kelsay and Denney. He can actually hit.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Bring him back, but he has to share his weed with me

thenry20
12-23-2008, 01:58 PM

I would hope the team pursues Peppers but I don't think that's gonna happen. :(

The thing is he's also a RDE.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I would love for him to come back. He never got in adam jones or tank johnson trouble where goodell was vocal about it. In his 2nd year for the rams he had 6 sacks.
That's because the guy plays in Buffalo. One good thing about being such a small market team is that outsiders like ESPN could really care less and are generally oblivious to what's going on.

On topic:
Realistically you are not going to replace both DE's in one off-season, if you think otherwise you are a very unrealistic person. Assuming he is able to come back at 100% Aaron Schobel still has a couple of good years in him and should stick around. It may be time to consider either trading or releasing either Kelsay or Denney or both and go out and get a veteran pass rusher and a rookie with great upside.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
That's because the guy plays in Buffalo. One good thing about being such a small market team is that outsiders like ESPN could really care less and are generally oblivious to what's going on.

On topic:
Realistically you are not going to replace both DE's in one off-season, if you think otherwise you are a very unrealistic person. Assuming he is able to come back at 100% Aaron Schobel still has a couple of good years in him and should stick around. It may be time to consider either trading or releasing either Kelsay or Denney or both and go out and get a veteran pass rusher and a rookie with great upside.

Ill keep Denney, I like his motor. Id trade Kelsay for a 5th.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Might be a tough sell if you plan on getting a 5th, but there's always a sucker out there I suppose.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-23-2008, 02:09 PM

um..... in my opinion they can't even do the up the field pass rush.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Might be a tough sell if you plan on getting a 5th, but there's always a sucker out there I suppose.

He's got some high sack numbers in previous year, and a team like KC, CIN, or HOU would take a shot at him for a late pick. Probably would have to be a 2010 Conditional though.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
um..... in my opinion they can't even do the up the field pass rush.

Watch them on a run play, they get about 7 yards up the field and lose all containment.

The Jokeman
12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I know he's up there in age but a guy that might be cut that could be looking at is Leonard Little.

Syderick
12-23-2008, 07:51 PM
I think Julius Peppers is a free agent this offseason though i'd bet Panthers will try to re-sign him

zone
12-24-2008, 07:03 AM
I think bringing Hargrove back for some depth would not be such a bad thing considering he would be cheap.

I would take him over Kelsay or Denney.

We will not be signing Peppers.

jamze132
12-24-2008, 07:11 AM
I'd trade Kelsay for a hamburger with bacon and peperjack cheese.

jamze132
12-24-2008, 07:12 AM
We need to get away from drafting the "high motor" white guys. We need some black guys...

:honda:

Mahdi
12-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Watch them on a run play, they get about 7 yards up the field and lose all containment.
Who are you suggesting we should draft/sign to play DE? And please dont say Tyson Jackson...

HHURRICANE
12-24-2008, 03:17 PM

He was good at the time because we didn't have Spencer Johnson or Stroud and he could switch between DT and DE.

He wasn't that effective at DE and I think his problems are big enough that we need to look elsewhere.

zone
12-24-2008, 04:14 PM
He was good at the time because we didn't have Spencer Johnson or Stroud and he could switch between DT and DE.

He wasn't that effective at DE and I think his problems are big enough that we need to look elsewhere.
Exactly imagine what he could do with Stroud occupying 2 sometimes 3 blockers.

I think he was more effective at DE...

At his price what other player could we bring in?

ServoBillieves
12-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Please see name.

ServoBillieves
12-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Who are you suggesting we should draft/sign to play DE? And please dont say Tyson Jackson...

Brandon Graham

Mitchell55
12-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Please see name.

LOL

TigerJ
12-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I very much agree that Buffalo needs to upgrade the defensive end position. I'm not sure that bringing Hargrove back as depth is a viable option given the cap and the money that Buffalo has tied up in Schobel, Denney, and Kelsay. Someone in that group of three will have to start, and I think the other two will have to be kept as depth.

acehole
12-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Schobel to washington for a 3 rounder......