PDA

View Full Version : The most improved team this year is not Miami.....

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 01:40 PM
It's Atlanta.

They:
- Went out and made one of the best choices for GM that any team has made in years. Thomas Dimitroff gets my vote for GM of the year.

- Took a chance on a backup RB that turned out to be one of the best the league has to offer.

- Turned White into one of the best WR's in the NFL.

- Took a chance on an LT that a lot of scouts didn't think much of, turned out to be a great pick.

- Took a few old guys past their primes (Milloy, Brooking, Abraham) and rejuvenated their careers; one could make a case for all three to be in the Pro Bowl.

- Took a virtually unknown (to the casual fan) in Mike Smith and they couldn't have made a better choice.

- They might not be the most talented or best team, but they are easily the most improved from this time last year.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm inclined to agree with this. They are in what could be considered the toughest division as well. They didn't have such an easy schedule, plus had a rookie QB, not a seasoned veteran.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm inclined to agree with this. They are in what could be considered the toughest division as well. They didn't have such an easy schedule, plus had a rookie QB, not a seasoned veteran.
And a rookie HC to boot. Just goes to show you what can be done when ownership gets tired of losing and starts throwing the money around to the right guys in the FO.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm happy for Atlanta. After some of the crap they went through, it's kind of nice to see them make a post season appearance in such a short time.

The King
12-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Roddy White put up 1200 yards last year to. Although most people weren't paying attention.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Roddy White put up 1200 yards last year to. Although most people weren't paying attention.
Exactly, this year they have no choice with the record and how much he's contributed. Though he still doesn't get the respect he deserves.

The King
12-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Matty Ice is my boy. I hope the Falcons continue to rock

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Matty Ice is my boy. I hope the Falcons continue to rock
They'll get knocked out in the first round, but they have the core in place to be a pretty good team in a couple of years. I think they may fall off the boat a bit last year and may even miss the playoffs, but give Ryan a couple of years to figure the game out more and work out some of his issues and you might be looking at an offense on the same level with a team like the Colts.

LtFinFan66
12-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Record wise it's Miami. I see your point though Dread

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 02:11 PM
We can beat anybody we would play in Round 1, so Im not so quick to count that as a lost, plus we could very easily end up as the NFC South champs and have a 1st Round bye and a home game in the 2nd Round where we are much better. I love watching the Falcons this year, you guys mentioned the well known names but here are some guys who have really shined this year too.

-OG Justin Blalock, 2nd Round pick two years back, is one of the most underrated OG's in the NFL
-RB Jerious Norwood, alot of people know him, but he's our all purpose back, returning punts, taking handoffs and being one of Ryan's most reliable dumpoff options.
-WR Harry Douglas, yes another rookie who has done special things in the time he's had. This kid is everything we wanted in Roscoe Parrish.
-DT Jonathan Babineaux, has been a beast on the D for them, a real good penetrating DT.
-LB Michael Boley, another super underrated player

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:23 PM
We can beat anybody we would play in Round 1, so Im not so quick to count that as a lost, plus we could very easily end up as the NFC South champs and have a 1st Round bye and a home game in the 2nd Round where we are much better. I love watching the Falcons this year, you guys mentioned the well known names but here are some guys who have really shined this year too.

-OG Justin Blalock, 2nd Round pick two years back, is one of the most underrated OG's in the NFL
-RB Jerious Norwood, alot of people know him, but he's our all purpose back, returning punts, taking handoffs and being one of Ryan's most reliable dumpoff options.
-WR Harry Douglas, yes another rookie who has done special things in the time he's had. This kid is everything we wanted in Roscoe Parrish.
-DT Jonathan Babineaux, has been a beast on the D for them, a real good penetrating DT.
-LB Michael Boley, another super underrated player
Hell, you're still leaving names off the list. You're even leaving a former Bills off the list who has done a fine job at filling in at LB this season.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Record wise it's Miami. I see your point though Dread
Miami is the best one win team you'll ever see, obviously you already know this, but having watched all the games last year I think Miami could have easily been a six win team. It's not like they were getting blown out every game.

RockStar36
12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
They'll get knocked out in the first round, but they have the core in place to be a pretty good team in a couple of years. I think they may fall off the boat a bit last year and may even miss the playoffs, but give Ryan a couple of years to figure the game out more and work out some of his issues and you might be looking at an offense on the same level with a team like the Colts.

You think so?

If they play Arizona in the first round they will wipe them away.