PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson Impressing Coaches

homeslice5484
12-23-2008, 02:49 PM
WR JOHNSON IMPRESSING COACHES:

He may have gotten overlooked in the draft, but it hasn’t taken very long for Steve Johnson to make a strong impression.
With 10 catches for 102 yards on the year, the seventh-round pick has a greater impact as a rookie than second-rounder James Hardy.
“We really like Steve Johnson,” Jauron said. “Very competitive guy. It never seems, even from the first day to some degree, it never seemed like the game was too big for him.
He’s played in big games and he’s played in front of a lot of people in college.
Very productive player, very same guy you saw on college tape, just makes plays whenever he gets an opportunity, he just seems to make the play.”

From the Bills Digest recent edition

I have said this since July...yet Jauron refuses to give him significant playing time. When he does get the ball, good things happen. Way to go Jauron. Greer and Jackson all over again!

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 02:55 PM
"we'really like him" . It's getting old.

homeslice5484
12-23-2008, 03:07 PM
i agree...i think hes played well with his limited chances and he should have been playing over parrish and hardy...yet jauron keeps him on the sidelines just like greer and jackson till he had no other choice. By then, we had already lost too many games cause of those bonehead decissions and it was too late and they still look like coaching geniuses for finding these guys but playing them too late.

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Our coaching staff somehow just doesn't ever use talent where they shine best.

Steve Johnson is clutch. Put him opposite Evans on every play.

Reed is a great slot man. He's come through most of the season.

Parrish has pure speed to burn.

Send Evans and Parrish deep posts, Reed in the middle and Johnson in a curl. If Marshawn can block well enough to give Trent 3 seconds to throw, It's a first down.

homeslice5484
12-23-2008, 03:20 PM
jauron coaching, gotta love it

Jan Reimers
12-23-2008, 04:29 PM
jauron coaching, gotta love it
It's the old conservative, play-not-to-lose approach. It leads to 7-9 every season.

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 04:37 PM
It's the old conservative, play-not-to-lose approach. It leads to 7-9 every season. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

I want a coach who's a raging a-hole. Bellichick, Parcells, Coughlin, and the like. I want someone who shows emotions, yells at players when they f up, pumps his fist when we score, jumps on the refs when they make a bad call, goes for the kill in the 4th quarter when we're up 10 points and gives the finger to the other coach across the field.

Give me Cowher or give me death.

jamze132
12-24-2008, 07:16 AM
It would be nice to see Steve Johnson on the field all day next game. What do we have to lose? Let the kid play as the #2 and see what happens...

ddaryl
12-24-2008, 07:26 AM
I agreee Steve's limited playing time is a head scratcher, and I don't think it's conservative coaching. I just think Jauron and Co. can't see the forest between the trees

HHURRICANE
12-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Well I see it a little differently. You have to earn the spot and I think Jauron has to let the guys do this on their own. I think this is why the players like him. If you get benched it's not because you didn't deserve to be.

I didn't here alot of *****ing after Fowler got benched. This is some of the issues with the NFL. Sometimes you have to have the time to develop your players.

Jeff Fisher had the good fortune of a FO that let him take his time getting it right.

Who was Johnson replacing? Hardy had to get playing time? No?