• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

TSN: Analyzing Rookie WR's

The latest news, videos, scores and more on the biggest sports, including NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, Soccer, Boxing, NASCAR and more with Sporting News

Remember when the Rams selected Donnie Avery (pictured) with the 33rd pick of the 2008 NFL Draft?

Few owners knew who Avery was at that time. But as the statistics show for this year's rookie WR's, the Rams picked the right man. Avery is third among rookie WR's with 634 receiving yards, and the burner has 2 TDs.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • billogic99
    • Oct 2008

Re: TSN: Analyzing Rookie WR's

Undrafted RFA Davone Bess is 4th with 515 yards and a TD....FRIKIN UNDRAFTED.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

WRs are a crap shoot in the draft, i maintain that i liked Devon THomas best and think he will be a solid pro, but Hardy was a disappoinment, just like everything else coming out of OBD lately

Steve Johnson in my opinion was the best pick we made in the 08 draft, only cause it was a 7th round pick, and he should have been long gone
      I said it the day of the draft, i still cant believe he was there
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

I don't know what it is about Steve Johnson, but I liked him since the pre-season. Maybe it was the whole 7th round pick/underdog thing.

D & S Sports

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Good thing we got that big red zone target.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by yordad
            Good thing we got that big red zone target.
            Yea, Steve Johnson's pretty good. If only we could get Hardy the ball when he was open. If that were to happen Hardy would be one of the best rookie WRs this year.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

optimistcally speaking, maybe hardy had his Josh Reed Year 2 performance in his rookie season and he'll turn into a studly blocking receiver who is open all the time on 3rd down over the course of the next two years.

for all the JR injuries, he never tore anything. i think Hardy may be done for most of next year, and in year 3 if he doesn't make a huge jump, then he's essentially Kevin Everett. Tons of upside, but never really made an impact. To the people who like to make a big deal of everything, i'm not dogging Everett's post paralysis situation. just his time as a bill before the injury.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

Davone Bess

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  optimistcally speaking, maybe hardy had his Josh Reed Year 2 performance in his rookie season and he'll turn into a studly blocking receiver who is open all the time on 3rd down over the course of the next two years.

for all the JR injuries, he never tore anything. i think Hardy may be done for most of next year, and in year 3 if he doesn't make a huge jump, then he's essentially Kevin Everett. Tons of upside, but never really made an impact. To the people who like to make a big deal of everything, i'm not dogging Everett's post paralysis situation. just his time as a bill before the injury.
                  You do know Josh Reed had 37 rec and 2 tds in his rookie season and followed it up the next season with 58 rec and 2 tds? How can you even compare Reeds 2nd season in the NFL to Hardy's first? Hardy needs 86 receptions next season just to tie what Reed did over a course of 2 seasons!
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• thenry20
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                    Yea, Steve Johnson's pretty good. If only we could get Hardy the ball when he was open. If that were to happen Hardy would be one of the best rookie WRs this year.
                    We did throw him the ball--it's just that he has very bad hands. For a "possession" receiver, this should not be a glaring negative!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Personally I think rookie WR is more a reflection of playing time/opportunity then skill alone. As all too often the rookie WRs that have big seasons are the ones playing more and/or teams have little else in terms of options in the receiving game. Of course some do prove to be great over time but to me for any Bills fan to think James Hardy is a bust thus far is being short sighted and wait until 2011 before passing judgment.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

“We really like Steve Johnson,” Jauron said. “Very competitive guy. It never seems, even from the first day to some degree, it never seemed like the game was too big for him."~ Bills Digest

IMO, the game has looked bigger then Hardy at times. But, if he gets it, he's got a lot of tools. He has a huge upside.

Heck, in three years we could be running the show with these two. But I think Johnson will contribute sooner. Well, he already has. These other guys may have just had more opportunities.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Some people are late bloomers, some people bloom early and fade away towards the end.. Then there are those who are blessed from the start to finish and bloom all the way through. Whatever, say what you want about Hardy but when it comes down to it? You could end up seeing Hardy and Johnson as our #1 and #2. The NFL is weird like that, crazy **** happens all the time.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Hardy's problem is a lack of upper body strength
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              Hardy's problem is a lack of upper body strength
                              That's an easy fix if he follows the off-season routine. And good thing for him, he didn't tear up anything above his knee so pushing some iron shouldn't be an issue at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X