PDA

View Full Version : The Bills problems arent tied to...

Devin
12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
any one player or position. What I mean to say is, yes we have needs and yes we can improve. But our problems are at the top.

Until we have a capable front office and certainly not until we have a sound coaching staff, we simply will not succeed. Teams like Atlanta and the Dolphins prove as much.

Trade this player, trade that one.......draft this guy.....sign that guy.......its all the same. Ultimately nothing will change here until proper FO/coaching personell are installed. Sadly that may not happen til the post-Ralph era.

OpIv37
12-24-2008, 11:51 AM
bingo.

Depressing, but true.

Ebenezer
12-24-2008, 12:04 PM
The Bills problems are tied to...

Ralph Wilson

Go back and review the history - when RW has put a business guy in charge the team sucks; when it has been a football guy they win.

yordad
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I am in the Nile.

BillsWin
12-24-2008, 12:09 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm christmas ham...

Yasgur's Farm
12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
History shows that whenever the Bills have been successful, it's been more a case of Ralph stumbling into it. Take the 90's for example... Ralph promotes a GM from within who turns out to be a football genius... He hires the, up to then, D.J. of the 80's in Marv Levy. They have success until RW decides to start tweaking things... Next thing you know, Polian leaves, Marv retires... Wade Phillips, ......................

Night Train
12-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Ralph Wilson

Go back and review the history - when RW has put a business guy in charge the team sucks; when it has been a football guy they win.

Yup.

Larry Felser wrote a great article about it in Sundays paper.

HHURRICANE
12-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I actually don't think things are as dire as people think around here.

A good team is built around a good QB, RB, O-line and D.

Our D needs DEs and LBs.

Our O needs a Center and a #2 WR.

I think we are a real playoff team next year, and maybe a contender in 2 years.

I think Jauron needs a real GM over him.

Mitchell55
12-24-2008, 04:15 PM
The thing im happy about this team is that there isnt a desperate need other than DE. Usually we come in desperatly needing a QB, RB, WR, LB.......

bflobarry
12-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Ralph even stumbled onto Polian: He was an assistant to Terry Bledsoe and Bledsoe died unexpectedly. Polian begat Marv, John Butler and AJ Smith. Since they left, we've had one playoff game, the Music City Screw Job of '99. And what we need on the field is: A dominant DE to pair w/ Schoebel, a play making linebacker, a center, a REAL tight end, and a ball hawking safety. That's a lot to expect in one off season......

yordad
12-25-2008, 12:41 PM

A good team is built around a good QB, RB, O-line and D.

Our D needs DEs and LBs.

Our O needs a Center and a #2 WR.

I think we are a real playoff team next year, and maybe a contender in 2 years.

I think Jauron needs a real GM over him.The problem is, this is always the problem. We have been 1 to 2 years away for a decade.

yordad
12-25-2008, 12:47 PM
And what we need on the field is: A dominant DE to pair w/ Schoebel, a play making linebacker, a center, a REAL tight end, and a ball hawking safety. That's a lot to expect in one off season......Add in the shoring up of a brake out #2RB and a disgruntled overrated LT. NTM a number of young players that are expected to take the "next step": Whitner (again), Hardy, Johnson, McKelvin, Poz, Edwards....

That is a whole lot of "shoulds" and "ifs".

Mitchy moo
12-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Ralph Wilson

When the football guy wins and it takes the spotlight off Ralph, he fires the football guy.

yordad
12-25-2008, 01:12 PM
When the football guy wins and it takes the spotlight off Ralph, he fires the football guy.Skoobs, IMO, that's a reach, and makes little sense.

jamze132
12-26-2008, 01:02 AM

Dude, we are staring three straight 7-9 seasons in the face...

I would say that's pretty bad.

jamze132
12-26-2008, 01:05 AM
The thing im happy about this team is that there isnt a desperate need other than DE. Usually we come in desperatly needing a QB, RB, WR, LB.......
You can't be serious...

We don't have a C, TE, #2 WR, OLB, FS, or SS.

Now I don't know how desperate my selections are but C and TE are crucial for an effective offense.

blackonyx89
12-26-2008, 11:03 AM
any one player or position. What I mean to say is, yes we have needs and yes we can improve. But our problems are at the top.

Until we have a capable front office and certainly not until we have a sound coaching staff, we simply will not succeed. Teams like Atlanta and the Dolphins prove as much.

Trade this player, trade that one.......draft this guy.....sign that guy.......its all the same. Ultimately nothing will change here until proper FO/coaching personell are installed. Sadly that may not happen til the post-Ralph era.

You say that and people agree, I say it people say I'm a hater!

X-Era
12-26-2008, 11:12 AM
post-Ralph era.

Damn, do I need to do another name change?

:up: