PDA

View Full Version : What is with all this running to the outside bull!!??

mchurchfie
08-29-2002, 10:31 PM
WHY!!??? Would you keep trying to stretch every run to the outside when you have a line that averages over 300lbs?? Isn't the the best way to help a rookie like Williams is to tell him to knock the stuffing out of the guy in front of him and pile drive up the middle?? That would be the best way to assert your power running..not all this finesse running to the outside. Gesus, it takes forever for the play to develope. I hope that this is just a smokescreen for the regular season. Even if it is, they should still practice running up the gut..especially when you have a 375 mountain of a man for a tackle who is very good at pancaking people not all of this gay little tricky finesse blocking. And so much for All-Pro Rueben Brown..he still is good for a couple of killer penalties a game. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! These guys are driving me crazy!!!!!!!

RedEyE
08-29-2002, 10:36 PM
Not sure about the rest of the pre-season, but they may have been trying to avoid injuries in tonights game by keeping the ball to the outside, preventing bodies from piling up in the middle. They just got JJ and Ruben back and wanted to avoid depleting their lineman for regular season play. I think that is why Moulds sat out and Henry played briefly. They left Bledsoe in to solidify timing with his starting line.

JefftheBillsfan
08-29-2002, 10:42 PM
you aren't alone

mchurchfie
08-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Not sure about the rest of the pre-season, but they may have been trying to avoid injuries in tonights game by keeping the ball to the outside, preventing bodies from piling up in the middle. They just got JJ and Ruben back and wanted to avoid depleting their lineman for regular season play. I think that is why Moulds sat out and Henry played briefly. They left Bledsoe in to solidify timing with his starting line.

I understand what you are saying but you would think that they would stumble forward for at least a minimal gain. These guys need work..lots of work. Big Mike looks very confused out there..the only one that looks worse is All Pro Rueben.

Stewie
08-29-2002, 11:32 PM
Give the line time boys and girls... Give em time, they'll be good..