X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okbills
    • Dec 2008

A New HC: Look No Further

Here is the list of guys I would bring in today, assuming Cowher is off the list:

Josh McDaniels
    I like Josh for a couple of reasons. He has worked with future hall of fame inductee Tom Brady as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. He has also shown a talent for working with young quarterbacks and installing a system that works with the limitations and talents of the quarterback. Of course, Matt Cassell comes to mind. He has done a straight up job with that guy. Also, love him or hate him, Bill has built quite a coaching tree. Bill produces winning teams and makes decent coaches--Crennel the lone exception. Bill has a system and procedure second to none, and only closely trailed by Indy. We could steal some of that process and system and implement it in Buffalo. Plus, I'd love for us to take a major asset from the Pats. Josh would be my gut-check second choice.

Steve Spagnuolo
    What can't you say about Steve? This guy has a top notch defense. Granted he has some pretty nice assets to work with, but he still gets a lot out of these guys. Along with Josh and Dick Lebeau, Steve is a cold weather football coach, which is important for Buffalo to hire. We need coaches that understand how cold weather football works and we need to toughen up our defense and mind-set. He would also be welcomed addition to the draft table. He's obviously contributed to NY's success drafting quality defensive players. Steve would be my gut-check first choice.

Dick Lebeau
    In the same vein as Steve, Dick coached Cincy for 2 years. Dick also is a tough nosed football coach who can bring his 35 years of football pedigree to Buffalo. He also has a tough nosed cold-weather defense. I think he could be in the conversation. Dick would be my gut-check third choice.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: A New HC: Look No Further

I don't think Lebeau wants to be a HC.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Dick is staying, the old man paid for him already.

Get over it & end the madness.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I too think Dick Lebeau is not going to be in the picture. He's already past age 65. Age didn't stop Marv Levy, but it's pretty unusual for a person to embark on a head coaching stint past 65.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

No on McDaniels or LeBeau. Yes on Spags.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

3 good choices, but Spags would be my 1st choice. Whomever hires him, I could see him doing a good job as an NFL head coach
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by okbills
              Here is the list of guys I would bring in today, assuming Cowher is off the list:

Josh McDaniels
              I like Josh for a couple of reasons. He has worked with future hall of fame inductee Tom Brady as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. He has also shown a talent for working with young quarterbacks and installing a system that works with the limitations and talents of the quarterback. Of course, Matt Cassell comes to mind. He has done a straight up job with that guy. Also, love him or hate him, Bill has built quite a coaching tree. Bill produces winning teams and makes decent coaches--Crennel the lone exception. Bill has a system and procedure second to none, and only closely trailed by Indy. We could steal some of that process and system and implement it in Buffalo. Plus, I'd love for us to take a major asset from the Pats. Josh would be my gut-check second choice.

Steve Spagnuolo
              What can't you say about Steve? This guy has a top notch defense. Granted he has some pretty nice assets to work with, but he still gets a lot out of these guys. Along with Josh and Dick Lebeau, Steve is a cold weather football coach, which is important for Buffalo to hire. We need coaches that understand how cold weather football works and we need to toughen up our defense and mind-set. He would also be welcomed addition to the draft table. He's obviously contributed to NY's success drafting quality defensive players. Steve would be my gut-check first choice.

Dick Lebeau
              In the same vein as Steve, Dick coached Cincy for 2 years. Dick also is a tough nosed football coach who can bring his 35 years of football pedigree to Buffalo. He also has a tough nosed cold-weather defense. I think he could be in the conversation. Dick would be my gut-check third choice.
              Did you copy that off Ralph's white board at OBD?

No thanks, that EXACTLY the type of list that the Bills will make and EXACTLY the type of picks that make us fail... over and over.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Instead of a "look no further" title, you should have went with "The Bills will look no further".
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Spagnuolo is a good choice but we need a GM also to restructure our front office.

Unexperienced Russ Brandon already made too many titanic blunders, like extending Jauron in the heat of the moment. Ralph gets what he deserves.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                    Spagnuolo is a good choice but we need a GM also to restructure our front office.

Unexperienced Russ Brandon already made too many titanic blunders, like extending Jauron in the heat of the moment. Ralph gets what he deserves.
                    Unproven FO + unproven HC + average talent = proving that your mediocre

Its proven right here in Buffalo

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

LeBeau at least fits the mold. He's over 70 and does not have to offset his Social Security payments with his current earnings. If we go in this direction, however, Lou Saban would be a better choice.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Lebeau was already here one time.

Comment

• MarvLevy
                          Can I get some power to give REP?
                          • Jul 2005

Let Jim Kelly run the team...
                          Make Bruce the Def Coordinator.....Van Pelt the Off Coordinator.....Thurman the RB's coach.....Andre the WR's coach.....Talley the LB's coach.....Tasker ST coach.....

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

I hope Del Rio gets fired in Jacksonville, I would love to have him coach here.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

HUMMM What about Billick or Reid. And WHY Cowher dont want be a Buffalo Bills HC. What the problem? Let me guess Ralph Is CHEAP!

Comment

Working...
                              X