PDA

View Full Version : Ralph laments not drafting Cutler in 06

Philagape
12-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Bills owner Ralph Wilson lamented how different the quarterback situation might have been in Buffalo had the team not traded back into the first round of the 2004 draft to select J.P. Losman with the 22nd pick.
With Losman pegged as the starter, Buffalo passed on selecting current Broncos starter Jay Cutler in the 2006 draft, Wilson said.
Recalling a conversation he had with Tom Modrak midway though the 2005 season, Wilson said the Bills' chief scout was excited by what he saw in Cutler during his senior season at Vanderbilt.
``We would've taken him,'' Wilson said, noting the Bills had the eighth pick in the 2006 draft, three spots ahead of where the Broncos selected Cutler. ``But it was back in the days of Losman. We thought he could be a very good quarterback, so we didn't want to pick another one. So we passed on Cutler. He's a very good quarterback.''
http://www.thespread.com/ap-news-nfl-100/leading-wire-to-wire-is-rare.html

Goobylal
12-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Six of one...

Cutler is no great shakes. Shanahan's system made even Jake Plummer look good.

Kenny
12-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Six of one...

Cutler is no great shakes. Shanahan's system made even Jake Plummer look good.

Cutler is one of the better young QBs in the league. And Plummer was a pretty good QB even before joining the Broncos (certainly better than anyone we have right now).

Here's hoping they take care of business in SD this weekend. Dont care very much about Rivers (now there's one QB who I hate, -just seems to whine and ***** all day long)

Philagape
12-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Cutler's a JP clone as far as style, but he's much better at it. He's not a panicker. He's still reckless at times and will make bonehead throws, but he'll win more games for you than he loses.

Crisis
12-25-2008, 07:02 PM
from the little i've seen of him cutler's main problem is his arm is too strong, see him force a lot of throws because of the confidence he has in his arm. he does make some ridiculous throws though.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll take edwards.

WTF is Ralph thinking saying that? talk about sticking your finger in the eye of your current QB

DynaPaul
12-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Ralph is an idiot and now he's admitting it.

streetkings01
12-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll take edwards.

WTF is Ralph thinking saying that? talk about sticking your finger in the eye of your current QBIt's more of a knock on JP than Trent....Cutler was drafted a year before Edwards was even thought of!

jamze132
12-26-2008, 12:53 AM
I'll take edwards.

WTF is Ralph thinking saying that? talk about sticking your finger in the eye of your current QB
He's slamming JP but he is forgetting that if we did take Cutler, Trent may not even be here and they may end up upsetting Trent to a certain extent. It might **** with his self-confidence but I doubt it...