• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

ESPN power Rankings.

Bills 15th

The Bucs were Super Bowl champs and they top the first edition of our Power Rankings.

WCF has the fins 4 or 4th.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

That is total BS! Jets and Phins above us in the division?

Whatever!

We should be top 8 no doubt about it!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Jets are the champs and have owned us the past couple of years. Phins were a game better than us and have upgraded. I'd rather be ranked low and let our performance decide for itself.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TypicalBill
        • Sep 2002

we still need to prove that we've improved vastly... the additions we made look great on paper but it needs to translate into on-field performance.
        For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

What is the point of these rankings? They are practically the same as the would have been right after the Super Bowl.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

You know what pisses me off about this list.

These guys don’t make any reaches. It takes NO balls to rank the way they did. It’s almost the exact same as the end of last year. Teams like the Chiefs and Bills have made major changes and are still in the middle of the pack. And teams like the Eagles, Raiders and Titans who look like they’re ready to start heading down are still up top. And what about taking a chance on one of the poor teams of 2002? Get some balls and rank one of them up in the Top 10. The Lions, Panthers, Jags and Cowboys are all possible examples of teams then could be good.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Aren't all of these rankings based on paper?

I mean, everyone is 0-0-0 with 16 games to play. Last year is over, Free Agency has had its day, June 1st cuts are coming, the draft is over, and training camp hasnt even started. How can this be anything but paper grades?

If it is based on paper, we are top 8. And no, the phins have not improved, they have simply stayed where they were. The Jets got worse (thanks to the skins) and the Pats have made alot of progress from their already good team last year.

My opinion, if you dont like it, too bad hehe

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                You know what pisses me off about this list.

These guys don’t make any reaches. It takes NO balls to rank the way they did. It’s almost the exact same as the end of last year. Teams like the Chiefs and Bills have made major changes and are still in the middle of the pack. And teams like the Eagles, Raiders and Titans who look like they’re ready to start heading down are still up top. And what about taking a chance on one of the poor teams of 2002? Get some balls and rank one of them up in the Top 10. The Lions, Panthers, Jags and Cowboys are all possible examples of teams then could be good.
                My feelings exactly.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

they said we are still at the bottom of the division.. rofl
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• buffaloscott
                    • Apr 2003

The Rams were on top of the rankings last year at this time...nuf said?
                    No as a matter of fact i don't have anything better to do!!!Dohhh!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Power rankings are fun. That’s all they are. After reading ESPNs I was
                      Along with being fun they are often wrong. See above.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• wbat27
                        • Apr 2003

Time will tell and buffalo will prevail. Not only did they stack the d but they signed a better blocking tightend and fullback. They added exprience and knowledge to the coaching staff. And still have money to shop around. With the June 1 cuts comming up soon you never know who will be available.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

I think 15th is about right ... we still have a lot of question marks if you ask me. The two biggest being:

1 - Can we really replace 160 receptions (Price, Centers, Riems) with Bobby Shaw and Campbell and a commitment to the run? Reed can pick up some of the slack ... maybe 20 or more catches, but our 3rd will not be as good as Reed and I don't know how good our OL/Henry will look when other teams stack 8 in the box. I think our offense is definitely a downgrade from last year and it was only about 11th or 12th best last year.

2 - With all the new faces on defense, will they gel in time or enough? On paper, our D has improved a ton, but that's on paper. Until the points go up on the scoreboard (well, until our D stops them from going up), they can't expect to get much respect.

I also agree that the Dolphins have improved. In saying this, I'm assuming they basically already have a deal with Griese. With him in instead of Lucas, I think they go 4-2 instead of 2-4 or at least 3-3.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                            I have the arms of a new born baby!
                            • Jul 2002

Pessimistic: Despite the improvements, they're still probably the No. 4 team in their division.

...................pfffff bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......RLMAO!........sorry i couldnt hold it in.
                            We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Its no worse than "Until the Dolphins find a way to win late in the season, who cares? "

Comment

Working...
                              X