Parcells wasn't going to get this team to the playoffs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Parcells wasn't going to get this team to the playoffs!!!

The Bills are not that good. This idea that a better coach would have made some huge difference is over played.

The team still has serious holes that were created from the Donohoe era.

The team is MISSING PLAYERS that teams have to gameplan for. It's not Lynch or Evans.

Until we get a players like this the team will continue to be mired in mediocrity.

This idea that the coach is going to be a miracle worker is somewhat ridiculous.

The Bills would have had to win 11-12 games to secure a playoff spot this year.

This is not an 11-12 win roster.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Parcells wasn't going to get this team to the playoffs!!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    The Bills are not that good. This idea that a better coach would have made some huge difference is over played.

The team is MISSING PLAYERS that teams have to gameplan for. It's not Lynch or Evans.

Until we get a players like this the team will continue to be mired in mediocrity.

This idea that the coach is going to be a miracle worker is somewhat ridiculous.

Your exactly right.

There is not just one area that we need to be much better but in fact many. I just dont think it needs to be all areas and that there is more than one path to victory.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

A good coaching staff wins the NYJ and Cleveland games, no doubt and wins the SF game probably 80% of the time

A good coaching staff probably picks up at least one win in another of our closer games.

A good coaching staff also wouldn't have a team show up flat for nearly every game this season.

I mean, this team was 5-1 with an easy schedule ahead of them. No way they should've missed the playoffs.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
        Registered Fish
        • Aug 2006

I'll ask you the same question that I asked EdwardsEra in another thread.

Is the Dolphins roster three wins better than the Bills? Is so where? If not, its coaching. (BTW, the Bills have outscored the Fins this year)

All the Bills needed to do was split with the teams in their division and they would have a great shot at the playoffs.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo

Is the Dolphins roster three wins better than the Bills? Is so where? If not, its coaching. (BTW, the Bills have outscored the Fins this year)
          The Dolphins remind of the Saints a few years back.

I don't think the Dolphins are as good as their record indicates and I actually think they'll be worse next year, not better.

The Bills should be better than 7-9 this year but they were worse than 7-9 last year. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
            Registered Fish
            • Aug 2006

The Dolphins remind of the Saints a few years back.

I don't think the Dolphins are as good as their record indicates and I actually think they'll be worse next year, not better.

The Bills should be better than 7-9 this year but they were worse than 7-9 last year. That's just the way it goes sometimes.
            They should be better than 7-9. IMO, coaching kept the Bills from 9-7 or 10-6.

I believe the Fins will drop off next year. The schedule is much tougher. They will likely make significant roster changes again. At some point they will be starting a QB with no experience. They are not out of the woods yet, but there are at least hopeful signs.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

All the Bills needed to do was split with the teams in their division and they would have a great shot at the playoffs.
              And yet we haven't won a single game against any of our rivals in the division. Maybe you should have watched our QB play. It wasnt just the coaching.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                Registered Fish
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                And yet we haven't won a single game against any of our rivals in the division. Maybe you should have watched our QB play. It wasnt just the coaching.
                I saw the fumble by JP that lost the Jets game. Nice play call by Jauron.

I say the sack and fumble by Edwards in the first Fins game. Another nice situation to put your young QB in.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

I saw the fumble by JP that lost the Jets game. Nice play call by Jauron.

I say the sack and fumble by Edwards in the first Fins game. Another nice situation to put your young QB in.
                  Or, nice job running around with only one hand on the ball well after 3 seconds.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                    Registered Fish
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    Or, nice job running around with only one hand on the ball well after 3 seconds.
                    Find me one other Bills fan that didn't scream WTF at the TV when they saw that play call. When a coach has to answer questions from the media about who called that play, IT WAS A HORRIBLE CALL. It was so bad it got national exposure on ESPN.

Keep making excusing for your coach.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Then why did you sometimes think the Bills would make the Playoffs? link
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Do you recall making this thread, "Blame the coaches, not Edwards!!"

How about this one, "Blame Jauron and company for the last two losses."

This one is really good..."The Bills finally have a real team!!"

Oh, don't forget this one, "After today I'm convinced the Bills are the best team in the AFC East!!
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Find me one other Bills fan that didn't scream WTF at the TV when they saw that play call. When a coach has to answer questions from the media about who called that play, IT WAS A HORRIBLE CALL. It was so bad it got national exposure on ESPN.

Keep making excusing for your coach.
                          No excuse for him, theres no excuse for the talent, theres no excuse for the FO, and theres no excuses for the owner.

You can keep putting words in my mouth or you can learn to read.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

What a crock of ****.

What guys does Miami opponents have to "game plan" for that are more dangerous than ours?

Bottom line, even with our talent holes, give us a very competent backup QB and a better decision making head coach this year, with ALL our deficiences, and we still are at 10 wins right now, at least.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

What guys does Miami opponents have to "game plan" for that are more dangerous than ours?
                              Not sure what that means, I read it several times and I still cant make sense out of it.

Anyways, coaching has many aspects:

Putting the team in a position to win:

Our coaches should build schemes around teh talent that we have in a way that best utilizes their talents. They should be maximizing the abilities of our players while minimizing their weaknesses.

The ability to motivate:

Coaches should be able to get players to play to their maximum capability. They should also be able to get them to play big in big games.

The ability to deal with controversy:

Coaches will have to deal with issues. The ones that are really good, keep the team balanced, prevent the locker room from fracturing, but dont allow players to control situations.

Offseason:

Good coaches find their flaws in their team and will do everything in their power, including demanding, better talent. They understand that they are in a war every single offseason with all of the other teams to get better They approach the offseason like a a game, plan for it, and play to win what they need to get better. They should realize that their backups may, and probably will see the field during the year. They need to them realize that they must be solid at these positions to prevent gaping holes from being exploited.

Gameday:

Good coaches understand how its importnat to come out of the gate strong and not fade. That the game is 60 minutes long, that they must adjust to their opponenets quickly and properly, and that they must manage the clock to protect wins or even gain wins. They need to do their best to prevent lopsided games at all costs. Even if it means that they must get their players attention, have huddles where they need to re-motivate, or yell and scream. They also need to understand that the minutes should be balanced between the D and O, they need to call plays such that they can sustain drives on O so that the D stays fresh and can outplay the opposing O to keep them from scoring points. The really good ones have a feel for areas in a game where its critical to go for that 4th down, or where they must get points or score or prevent points.

Popularity:

Its sometimes overlooked, and is certainly not critical. But its important for a team to have a coach that they want to play there best for. Its also helpful to have one that is well respected throughout the league since it can aid in getting better talent in the future. It sometimes even helps keep the media from causing negativity which can creep into the lockeroom.

Control:

A good head coach runs the team and the players know it, and respect it. A good head coach can keep players from making off the field mistakes to some degree as well. A good head coach also doesnt let the media rattle him until he says something that can be turned against him or his team. A good head coach says little about how great they are when they win and doesnt bash individuals when they lose.

Determination:

The best head coaches adjust, and ajdust with ever increasing levels of energy when the team starts heading down the wrong path. They never quit, and they do not allow just OK play. They make sure everyone knows that the SB is the goal, and anything less is failing to win. They dont allow notions of just playing average, or just "trying" to win. They insist and demand wins, all the while knowing that losses will come.

Thats what I see and what I would like to see from our head coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X