X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

The Bills have a good shot next year...

Let's face it getting Pennington and Favre in the same division didn't help our fate this year.

But the odds are that Favre may not play next year and even if he does his play is deteoriating at an alarming pace. The odds that Pennington plays as well falls in the same category.

Add above with the fact that Brady will no way be 100% and I like the Bills odds of actually competing next year.

Are we sure a coaching change is in our best interest?
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: The Bills have a good shot next year...

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Let's face it getting Pennington and Favre in the same division didn't help our fate this year.

But the odds are that Favre may not play next year and even if he does his play is deteoriating at an alarming pace. The odds that Pennington plays as well falls in the same category.

Add above with the fact that Brady will no way be 100% and I like the Bills odds of actually competing next year.

Yes, if were not going to get better anywhere else. But whom is another question. I think its likely a newbie sets us back further.

Why? players have no confidence in themselves, or the organziation... but they will have confidence that its all fixed with a new HC that has NO head coaching experience? That defy's logic.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

We can't afford big misses in the draft or free agency if we're to be competitive next year. We need productive players - not projects - at DE, OLB, C, TE, and 2nd WR, and a playmaking FS would help, too.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mski
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        We can't afford big misses in the draft or free agency if we're to be competitive next year. We need productive players - not projects - at DE, OLB, C, TE, and 2nd WR, and a playmaking FS would help, too.
        so we need to find starters in their first 6 picks
        RIP Tommy D!
        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Mski
          so we need to find starters in their first 6 picks
          No, I would expect some of our help to come in free agency, especially at positions that take a few years to develop, e.g., WR.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

I like our chances with Trent at the helm for next year. I'll pray for him to stay healthy, starting now.
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
              Registered Fish
              • Aug 2006

The odds that Pennington plays as well falls in the same category.
              Why?

What if Edwards doesn't play well. Who has the better chance of playing well next year, Pennington or Edwards?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
                Why?

What if Edwards doesn't play well. Who has the better chance of playing well next year, Pennington or Edwards?
                Edwards is younger and has a better arm, so he should have more upside than Chad. But upside - like potential - can be a heavy burden.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Why?

Can we please stop comparing the Fins and the Bills? Its annoying frankly.

Pennington did little in NY and is getting older. The Fins are likely to ditch Beck and draft a young QB IMO. In fact, it wouldn't at all surprise me if Chad gets benched next year for the rookie.

Chad is playing pissed off with something to prove. That lasts about one year, ask Drew Bledsoe.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Why?

I think you are getting the best out of Pennington right now. He's having his best year since '02. He doesn't have a strong arm and I believe teams will be better prepared for him next year.

Edward's concussion definately set him back but I think we've all seen a guy who, as his first season as a starter, look like someone that still has plenty of room to get better.

So , if they were stocks, I'd be buying the Edwards and selling the Pennington.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Pennington did little in NY and is getting older. The Fins are likely to ditch Beck and draft a young QB IMO. In fact, it wouldn't at all surprise me if Chad gets benched next year for the rookie.

Chad is playing pissed off with something to prove. That lasts about one year, ask Drew Bledsoe.
                      not Penningtons style to play pissed so I have to disagree

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                        not Penningtons style to play pissed so I have to disagree
                        You don't think that Pennington played with a "chip" this year?

C'mon.

He deserves credit for the way he played but he's having one of his best years in the league.

I think he had a little extra to play for this year.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                          Registered Fish
                          • Aug 2006

THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE ORIGINAL POST.

The Fins drafted Henne this year. They will not be drafting a QB next year.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                            Registered Fish
                            • Aug 2006

So , if they were stocks, I'd be buying the Edwards and selling the Pennington.
                            Long term, I agree. Next year, I'm not so sure. The Fins have Henne as their long term investment.

Comment

• thenry20
                              • Jan 2004

I don't think so. It will be harder to get a berth next year. 2008 proved to be VERY easy but we didn't execute!

Comment

Working...
                              X