• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

WTF.. Lee Evans vs NE

I knew the numbers were bad, but I never knew they were THAT BAD.

Lee EVans has played NE 9 times, has NEVER scored a TD and averages a whopping 34 yards per game receiving.

How the hell does a team shut down a #1 WR like that, THAT consistently???

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • warsawbassman
    • Oct 2006

Re: WTF.. Lee Evans vs NE

Because Evans has never been, and never will be a #1 receiver in the NFL. He's a great #2, but thats it. Kind of a 1 trick pony too, take away the long ball and take him away.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      I knew the numbers were bad, but I never knew they were THAT BAD.

Lee EVans has played NE 9 times, has NEVER scored a TD and averages a whopping 34 yards per game receiving.

How the hell does a team shut down a #1 WR like that, THAT consistently???

Good coaching on the NE side, bad coaching on Buffalo side. Case closed.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Evans is the easiest "No. 1" receiver to stop. There's no other receiver a defense has to worry about, and he's not good enough to beat extra attention.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Kenny
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by warsawbassman
          Because Evans has never been, and never will be a #1 receiver in the NFL. He's a great #2, but thats it. Kind of a 1 trick pony too, take away the long ball and take him away.
          Or... he's yet to be paired with a good and consistent QB to throw him the ball.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

i think evans can be more than a 1 trick pony deep threat, he can work the middle of the field as well as almost anyone...he's just never had the consistent QB play...and im just guessing but if u look at our QB's stats for the same games they're probably just as bad/worse...i mean we haven't beat them in 10 tries..
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

I think if Lee was in Indy, Arizona, or even Cincy, he would be blowing it up! He is one of the last WRs in the league a DB wants to be put on an island with.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I went to one game this year. The Cleveland game. He was wwiiiiddee open most of the game. He ended with zero catches, and zero balls thrown his way. I think the opposite WR has a lot to do with it, but it is mostly the QB. You don't get that view on TV.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Lee Evans simply isn't as good as people around here like/want to think he is.

Would be a great complimentary WR but he's a weak number 1.

For anyone who says "oh it's the QB that limits his ability and production" go look at Kevin Johnson's stats from Tim Couch throwing him the ball, look at Roddy Whites stats from a plethora of garbage QBs throwing him the ball last year, look at Andre Johnson's stats from when David Carr threw him the ball.

Unless you're willing to make the argument that Chris Redman, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch and David Carr are better than Trent and/or JP...the argument that it's the QB that limits Lee's productivity holds no water.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Jerry Rice in his prime would have the exact same stats, if he played for this team in this Bills era.

Keep ignoring the real problems of coaching,playcalling,surrounding talent etc.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                      Jerry Rice in his prime would have the exact same stats, if he played for this team in this Bills era.

Keep ignoring the real problems of coaching,playcalling,surrounding talent etc.

Great playerx elevate the play of those around them and get numbers regardless.

Jerry Rice, at age 41, with Rick Mirer throwing him the ball most of the season had more catches than Lee will have this year.

Or is Bill Callahan a better coach than Dick?

Mirer, Gannon, Tuiasoppo better than Edwards/Losman?

Bad comparison.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Yeah Gannon sucked. Wait... no he didn't.

You know Callahan was an offensive mind, and Juaron is supposed to be a defensive one, right?

Funtimes, were you at the Browns game? TE was afraid to throw over 5 yards. I'm pretty sure a speed/deep threat WR is going to have suffering numbers if the QB is afraid to throw over 5 yards.

Oh, and who was opposite Rice? Oh, and you did say JERRY RICE, right? You know Callahan took them to the SUPER BOWL, right?

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          Great playerx elevate the play of those around them and get numbers regardless.

Jerry Rice, at age 41, with Rick Mirer throwing him the ball most of the season had more catches than Lee will have this year.

Or is Bill Callahan a better coach than Dick?

Mirer, Gannon, Tuiasoppo better than Edwards/Losman?

Bad comparison.
                          Bill Callahn went to a SB. Rice with the Raiders had a WR by the name of Tim Brown playing opposite of him. Ever hear of him ?

You're right. Bad comparison

A reach of epic proportions.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by yordad
                            Yeah Gannon sucked. Wait... no he didn't.

You know Callahan was an offensive mind, and Juaron is supposed to be a defensive one, right?

Funtimes, were you at the Browns game? TE was afraid to throw over 5 yards. I'm pretty sure a speed/deep threat WR is going to have suffering numbers if the QB is afraid to throw over 5 yards.

Oh, and who was opposite Rice? Oh, and you did say JERRY RICE, right?
                            It was Gannon's second to last season, he played like garbage.

1274 yards 6 TDs 4 INTs in 7 games.

It was Jerry Rice and Tim Brown...Tim was 37 and played one more year after that.

I was replying to the the post that said Jerry Rice wouldn't be able to put up numbers during his prime with the QBs, coaching, etc here. I used what he did as a 41 year old on an even worse team to disprove it.

Bill Callahan for being such an offensive mind went a whopping 4-12 that season too and hasn't coached in the NFL since.

So you use one game, the Browns game, to say that Lee is getting a raw deal?

He's had over 60 catches in a season ONCE in his entire career. Now if he gets 2 catches Sunday he'll have a 2nd 60+ catch year but still.

For such an "elite" guy, he averages 58 catches a year for 930 yards and 6 TDs.

You can find average WRs in the league who do that. Carl Pickens did that back with the Bengals in the 90's when they weren't very good. Al Toon did that back with the Jets in the 80s-90s. Eddie Kennison was just under that pace for his career.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                              Bill Callahn went to a SB. Rice with the Raiders had a WR by the name of Tim Brown playing opposite of him. Ever hear of him ?

You're right. Bad comparison

A reach of epic proportions.
                              A reach?

Bill Callahan was 4-12 that year. Brown retired after the following season. He was 37. Rick Mirer started half the season.

Jerry Rice in his second season with Jeff Kemp and Mike Moroski starting half the games for an injured Joe Montana broke out with 86 catches for 1500 yards. By the way, that season was Joe Montana's worst season as a pro too.

Meanwhile that was the 49er team that got spanked in the divisonal round by the Giants 49-3.

Is that a reach too? Are Jeff Kemp and Mike Moroski great QBs? Does Joe Montana throwing more picks than TDs not matter? BTW only time in Joe's career he threw more INTs than TDs in a season too.

Elite WRs put up numbers regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X