PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Comments

OpIv37
12-26-2008, 09:52 PM
-Lalime is hit or miss. He made some excellent saves, but he never should have allowed the 3 that went in.

-Ovechkin never should have scored. Lydman had a chance at the blue line, but I'll chalk that up to him being beat by a better player. But then Tallinder had TWO whacks at the puck and fanned BOTH times! WTF? And Lalime gave up the 5 hole. It's embarrassing to see our guys that intimidated by Ovechkin.

-The Sabres allowed Brashear to score. That means they didn't deserve to win.

-Both Vanek and Numminen were extremely sloppy with the puck.

-Max had probably the best game he's had all season. Aside from the goal, he created a couple of good scoring chances.

-That penalty on Lydman was complete BS. He never even touched the Caps player. Also, late in the 3rd, there were TWO phantom offsides called on the Sabres, including one with about :40 seconds left. I'm not blaming the refs- the Sabres played like **** most of the game. But it's frustrating to have the Sabres' last chance foiled by the refs instead of the opposition.

-Sekera is good but he still needs to calm down. There were several times when he made mistakes by rushing plays when there was plenty of time.

-I need to watch the game on my DVR, but it looked to me like Ovechkin hit Vanek when he was limping to the bench after blocking that shot. Total dick move, and someone on the Sabres should have made him pay.

-This team isn't making the playoffs. They're just not good enough. I saw them play the Caps a little over a year ago- early last December- and it's just disgusting to see how much the Caps have improved and how much the Sabres have regressed.

OpIv37
12-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh and one more thing:

"C...A..P...S! Caps! Caps! Caps!"

Hopefully Ted Leonsis will be hearing from the New York Jets' lawyers soon. Come up with your own cheer, you bandwagon-jumping jackasses!

SabreEleven
12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
-I need to watch the game on my DVR, but it looked to me like Ovechkin hit Vanek when he was limping to the bench after blocking that shot. Total dick move, and someone on the Sabres should have made him pay.

Ov took a shot on net and Vanek went down to block it...No foul....

OpIv37
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Ov took a shot on net and Vanek went down to block it...No foul....

That's not what I'm talking about. Obviously a clean play there.

But immediately after that happened, Vanek was limping to the bench but was still on his feet. Ovechkin skated by him on the way to the bench, and after Ovechkin went by, Vanek was CRAWLING to the bench. I could see Ovechkin make a move next to Vanek, but I couldn't tell if Ov was just trying to get out of the way and Vanek fell on his own, or if Ov hit Vanek while he was limping off. It looked to me like he hit him, but I can't be 100% sure.

SabreEleven
12-26-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't think they showed that part on TV

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Brashear did not score. He never touched the puck.

OpIv37
12-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Brashear did not score. He never touched the puck.

they gave him credit for the goal at the arena. They must have changed it later.