PDA

View Full Version : #1 Off-Season Priority Is The Front Office - Coach/GM

Night Train
12-27-2008, 06:08 AM
All the positional needs don't mean a damn thing, if you run to the Capt.'s Quarters and find Daffy Duck in charge of the ship.

If Ralph Wilson doesn't make a serious change in the front office with a quality football leader or 2, it's just more 7-8 win seasons at best (meaning no playoffs).

When that real change is made, I'll start paying attention to the positional needs. Otherwise, an All-Star team could be under contract here and still struggle to reach .500.

In the FA/Cap era, solid coaching and a sharp GM has never been more important. The Bills have neither and must overcome their apathetic,meddling owner (due to big profits from the ticket buying public) and make a dynamic selection of future leadership.

This post season meeting in Florida better be more than Wilson thinking everything is fine & not having anyone stand up to him. Inexperienced Russ Brandon made the titanic blunder of extending Jauron, in the heat of the moment.

That decision will determine whether I drop big $$ on tickets again. I have renewed my season tickets far longer than many of you have been alive & it's no longer automatic.

Bringing back Jauron would be a disaster. Hiring another stooge for cheap $$ wouldn't change my position. Quit settling.

Real change or The Who song " Won't Get Fooled Again " will be the tune ringing through my melon, when the ticket invoice arrives in the mail.

Put up or shut up, Wilson.

Historian
12-27-2008, 06:40 AM
I agree with you.

I just don;t think he changes anything.

SquishDaFish
12-27-2008, 06:44 AM
I totally agree and have already called up and said I was thinking of getting seasons but now will not unless there is a change.

don137
12-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Agreed. The issue is we just don't want to replace a journeyman coach/GM with another journeyman coach/GM. If Wilson does that we will be no better off and be in the same position 3 years from now.
There is a reason why the Lions and Cardinals suck throughout their history..bad ownership (I know the Cardinals are going to win their division but IMO they would finish in last place if they were in the NFC East, NFC South and if they were in any other division would not make the playoffs. The reason the Bills have not made the playoffs is because Ralph has made bad decisions for coaches and general managers.
The decisions made by the Bills in the next month are very critical in how the next couple years will play out.

shelby
12-27-2008, 07:29 AM
i have a feeling that no changes will be made.
Although i'm reading in the media that Ralph is trying to decide how keeping Jauron would impact ticket sales next season.

9 years of mediocrity. The last time we smelled the postseason, my son was one year old.

don137
12-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Although i'm reading in the media that Ralph is trying to decide how keeping Jauron would impact ticket sales next season.

Thats the problem, Ralph is concerned more about his pocketbook than winning. He does not care that he hires an inferior front office. He cares about ticket sales and not putting a winning product on the field.
I will not renew my NFL ticket, go to Buffalo for a game next year or buy any more merchandise unless I feel they made positive changes in the front office and coaching staff. I refuse to support Ralph if he does not support the fans by at least trying to put a winning product on the field.

Night Train
12-27-2008, 08:12 AM
I was astounded at the season ticket sales this past year.

First time buyers aren't hardcore and can bail in a blink of an eye. Most premium seats ($$) are up for renewel.

Let's see what happens if he just shuffles the deck chairs around on the sinking ship. I work with plenty of season ticket owners who told me they've had enough.

The Bills aren't the worst team in the league but the product itself has become completely predictable & boring. When big $$ is on the line, that's business suicide, which is only accentuated in these tough economic times.

Nighthawk
12-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I was astounded at the season ticket sales this past year.

First time buyers aren't hardcore and can bail in a blink of an eye. Most premium seats ($$) are up for renewel.

Let's see what happens if he just shuffles the deck chairs around on the sinking ship. I work with plenty of season ticket owners who told me they've had enough.

The Bills aren't the worst team in the league but the product itself has become completely predictable & boring. When big $$ is on the line, that's business suicide, which is only accentuated in these tough economic times.

This is exactly why I have hope that Ralph will make a change. Mediocrity is getting old and with the economy, people are looking for a reason to spend money and if you don't give them one, well, they won't spend it.

X-Era
12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
an All-Star team could be under contract here and still struggle to reach .500.

- I dont agree, FO and coaching is just part of the puzzle, talent level is another part

In the FA/Cap era, solid coaching and a sharp GM has never been more important. The Bills have neither and must overcome their apathetic,meddling owner (due to big profits from the ticket buying public) and make a dynamic selection of future leadership.

- I agree

Bringing back Jauron would be a disaster. Hiring another stooge for cheap $$ wouldn't change my position. Quit settling.

- Completely agree. Its too bad its not a consensus at this point.

Real change or The Who song " Won't Get Fooled Again " will be the tune ringing through my melon, when the ticket invoice arrives in the mail.

- Exactly the right move

Put up or shut up, Wilson.

- Exactly!

Night Train
12-28-2008, 06:55 PM
"Everything is fine. No changes needed !" ~ Ralph Wilson