PDA

View Full Version : The Bills did us a favor long term.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I think if the Bills had made the playoffs there would be little work done on this roster and I think we would have had to live with "above average" instead of "great".

The Bills are now forced to go get some more talent and in turn might actually build a better team than what we might have expected.

I'm actually excited about next year.

Mitchell55
12-27-2008, 12:25 PM
I think if the Bills had made the playoffs there would be little work done on this roster and I think we would have had to live with "above average" instead of "great".

The Bills are now forced to go get some more talent and in turn might actually build a better team than what we might have expected.

Congrats, this is the most positive post you have had in ages.

Owen DeBoard
12-27-2008, 12:49 PM

So if you think that Ralph wont spend money on bringing in a proven head coach what makes you think he will spend money on bringing in more talent?

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 02:02 PM
So if you think that Ralph wont spend money on bringing in a proven head coach what makes you think he will spend money on bringing in more talent?

He can pay anything he wants for a coach but he has to spend up to 90% of the cap.

He has to field a team and he has shown a willingness to spend in free agency.

yordad
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking missing the playoffs wasn't doing us a favor no matter how you try and spin it.

:up:

OpIv37
12-27-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree with your general premise, however, I disagree that there is anything above average about this team. This team is mediocre or worse, starting with the owner and going all the way down to the 3rd string jock strap boy.

yordad
12-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree with your general premise, however, I disagree that there is anything above average about this team. This team is mediocre or worse, starting with the owner and going all the way down to the 3rd string jock strap boy.I completely disagree. I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from Scoob's and Moran's guy that the third string jock strap boy was just above mediocre actually.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I'd rather have a chance of being the 1990 Bills than the 1980 Bills.

This team needs a center, DEs, LBs and #2 WR, and a real TE.

Maybe a playoff birth ignores DE, and a real center.

When the owner says "we don't have enough talent to compete" I have to believe some new additions are coming.

Owen DeBoard
12-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I'd rather have a chance of being the 1990 Bills than the 1980 Bills.

This team needs a center, DEs, LBs and #2 WR, and a real TE.

Maybe a playoff birth ignores DE, and a real center.

When the owner says "we don't have enough talent to compete" I have to believe some new additions are coming.
Your forgeting the most important part of the puzzle a GOOD HEAD COACH.

jamze132
12-28-2008, 02:31 AM
If Ralphie has to be at 90% of the cap, is that the reason we paid gazillions for Kelsay, Dockery, and Walker? Those three should go a long way towards the cap for years to come... not to mention Evans and his 3 catches a week.

Yasgur's Farm
12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
This team needs a center, DEs, LBs and #2 WR, and a real TE.C yes. 2 DE's yes. 1 OLB yes. I totally disagree on WR and TE. Hardy and Johnson will fill the #2 spot for us while Reed and Parrish continue at #3. Fine has emerged as a solid TE in his rookie year... Combined him with Royal and Schouman, we're all set here as well.

Any coach worth his salt can compensate and adapt his system to accomodate 5 weak positions and more competantly utilize team strengths. I bet we could find 5 weaknesses on the Titans if we examined them as well.

acehole
12-28-2008, 08:21 AM

So JP did the Bills a favor according to the last 2 rant posts...

mybills
12-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I completely disagree. I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from Scoob's and Moran's guy that the third string jock strap boy was just above mediocre actually.
:snicker:

Jan Reimers
12-28-2008, 08:49 AM

I hope you're right, HH, but you could have said this about the last several seasons. The problem is, the FO keeps failing to address our areas of glaring need, and we keep missing the playoffs, year after year.

It's hard for me to be optimistic after 9 years without a postseason game.