PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully you guys will watch my man today!

X-Era
12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Everrette Brown, DE FSU.

If you havent seen him, watch him.

Dont tell DB, but I think hes the #2 or #3 DE in the draft IMO.

DraftBoy
12-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Everrette Brown, DE FSU.

If you havent seen him, watch him.

Dont tell DB, but I think hes the #2 or #3 DE in the draft IMO.

So far completely handeled through nearly three quarters...Color me impressed!

I told you before the kid isnt as good as you are building him up to be. I think him declaring could be a mistake.

X-Era
12-27-2008, 05:42 PM

I told you before the kid isnt as good as you are building him up to be. I think him declaring could be a mistake.

Are you sure you mean Brown?

Because with that blurb I swear your talking about Michael Johnson and 80-90% of his games.

DraftBoy
12-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Are you sure you mean Brown?

Because with that blurb I swear your talking about Michael Johnson and 80-90% of his games.

You have no stats to support that argument nor are you basing it on anything. The fact that you can't even defend "your guy" (which by the way how exactly is he your guy??) says loads about him in this game. The kid can play without a doubt but this game shows why he needs another year and is not currently a 1st Round prospect. He needs to further refine his game and work on his Run D.

X-Era
12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
You have no stats to support that argument nor are you basing it on anything. The fact that you can't even defend "your guy" (which by the way how exactly is he your guy??) says loads about him in this game. The kid can play without a doubt but this game shows why he needs another year and is not currently a 1st Round prospect. He needs to further refine his game and work on his Run D.
Stats are worthless and you know that.

What it is is a ability to identify talent.

Take a look at where you ranked Brown in your preseason rankings post... or Jared Cook, or Hakeem Nicks...

Brown certainly isnt YOUR man by any means.

Hows Calais Campbell doing so far? he was the best DE last year remember? Gholston wouldnt be a top 10 pick remember? Eddie Royal wasnt that great, neither was DeSean Jackson, and Matt Ryan wasnt going to be anything great.

Its an opinion I have on Brown. You dont have to agree, but just hang on to my thought for a year or so and lets see how wrong I end up being. :up:

DraftBoy
12-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Stats are worthless and you know that.

What it is is a ability to identify talent.

Take a look at where you ranked Brown in your preseason rankings post... or Jared Cook, or Hakeem Nicks...

Brown certainly isnt YOUR man by any means.

Hows Calais Campbell doing so far? he was the best DE last year remember? Gholston wouldnt be a top 10 pick remember? Eddie Royal wasnt that great, neither was DeSean Jackson, and Matt Ryan wasnt going to be anything great.

Its an opinion I have on Brown. You dont have to agree, but just hang on to my thought for a year or so and lets see how wrong I end up being. :up:

None were considered top 10 juniors at their respective positions by anybody (except Nicks who I had 8th among juniors, you didnt check your facts did you?) so don't knock on my rankings for a criticism you know isnt even legit. I wont even ask you for your pre-season rankings.

I didnt ask if Brown was my guy or not (though I was the one to first mention him here and post an article about him, not you). I asked you what you have done to tout him to qualify him as "Your" guy?

Campbell is playing just like a bunch of other rookies. 27 tackles, 1 FF, he ranks 9th among rookie DL in tackles, and 6th among rookie DE's. Not too bad if you ask me...especially for a kid who struggled mightily as a senior. Also before you go a try and knock my rankings about who the top DE was last year please at least take the minute to search for my actual rankings. Campbell was not at the top of that list. As for the rest of it I think you may be confusing me for somebody else. I did get both Jackson and Royal wrong, no doubt about it. But I said Matt Ryan has the "It" factor about him and I dont think I ever said Gholston wasn't worth a top 10 pick but if I did then I guess I look pretty damn smart.

What opinion do you have on Brown? That's a he's a first round prospect? Ok...that doesnt really say much to me. Better yet can you tell me, my yet written opinion on Brown? Since you've already put numerous incorrect words in my mouth, Id say there is no real reason for you to stop now.

X-Era
12-27-2008, 06:57 PM
None were considered top 10 juniors at their respective positions by anybody (except Nicks who I had 8th among juniors, you didnt check your facts did you?) so don't knock on my rankings for a criticism you know isnt even legit. I wont even ask you for your pre-season rankings.

I didnt ask if Brown was my guy or not (though I was the one to first mention him here and post an article about him, not you). I asked you what you have done to tout him to qualify him as "Your" guy?

Campbell is playing just like a bunch of other rookies. 27 tackles, 1 FF, he ranks 9th among rookie DL in tackles, and 6th among rookie DE's. Not too bad if you ask me...especially for a kid who struggled mightily as a senior. Also before you go a try and knock my rankings about who the top DE was last year please at least take the minute to search for my actual rankings. Campbell was not at the top of that list. As for the rest of it I think you may be confusing me for somebody else. I did get both Jackson and Royal wrong, no doubt about it. But I said Matt Ryan has the "It" factor about him and I dont think I ever said Gholston wasn't worth a top 10 pick but if I did then I guess I look pretty damn smart.

What opinion do you have on Brown? That's a he's a first round prospect? Ok...that doesnt really say much to me. Better yet can you tell me, my yet written opinion on Brown? Since you've already put numerous incorrect words in my mouth, Id say there is no real reason for you to stop now.

K, that was fun, just reminding you that your not all you think you are. :up:

BTW, neither am I. I couldnt give you the stats of ANY of the top 10 DE's. I haven't watched any more than 50% of any one players games if that.

I base my opinions only, and solely on what I see and feel about a player. Im still worng often and I also am right sometimes as well. I do think I have a decent eye for talent, and that I get better with every single year I watch the draft. I have a passion for it. But I dont invest the time I would need to be anything more than an amateur. I simply enjoy the back and forth.

I do like to be right about a guy, like you do Im sure. And I do like it when Im right about someone that someone else said wasnt going to amount to anything. But 90% of my draft prowess (if I have any at all) is based on gut feel.

Well, thats not completely true. I think you can watch a player and how they play and get a feel for what they are and what they do... Just by how they look on the field and how they play. Im not a huge measurables guy, but I do think metrics are a good predictor of likelihood to succeed, not an absolute but more than simply gut feel.

Anyways, Brown disappeared in this game for sure. He had pressures, but not the sacks, stops, or FF's that you would like to see. I just saw very similar results from Johnson in the games I watched. And as for Hardy, he only played 50% of the downs in the games I watched with that foot injury. Can you bank on him being a stud and spend a top 15 pick on him? Thats a tough one.

To me, I see Brown as not as good as Orakpo, but right there with Johnson and Hardy. What I like about him is his relentless pressure and his size/speed combination.

DraftBoy
12-27-2008, 07:32 PM
K, that was fun, just reminding you that your not all you think you are. :up:

BTW, neither am I. I couldnt give you the stats of ANY of the top 10 DE's. I haven't watched any more than 50% of any one players games if that.

I base my opinions only, and solely on what I see and feel about a player. Im still worng often and I also am right sometimes as well. I do think I have a decent eye for talent, and that I get better with every single year I watch the draft. I have a passion for it. But I dont invest the time I would need to be anything more than an amateur. I simply enjoy the back and forth.

I do like to be right about a guy, like you do Im sure. And I do like it when Im right about someone that someone else said wasnt going to amount to anything. But 90% of my draft prowess (if I have any at all) is based on gut feel.

Well, thats not completely true. I think you can watch a player and how they play and get a feel for what they are and what they do... Just by how they look on the field and how they play. Im not a huge measurables guy, but I do think metrics are a good predictor of likelihood to succeed, not an absolute but more than simply gut feel.

Anyways, Brown disappeared in this game for sure. He had pressures, but not the sacks, stops, or FF's that you would like to see. I just saw very similar results from Johnson in the games I watched. And as for Hardy, he only played 50% of the downs in the games I watched with that foot injury. Can you bank on him being a stud and spend a top 15 pick on him? Thats a tough one.

To me, I see Brown as not as good as Orakpo, but right there with Johnson and Hardy. What I like about him is his relentless pressure and his size/speed combination.

You countered not one of my points of contention, nor did you remind me in any way that Im not all that I think I am, nor does that really make any sense at all. If that was your end aim, then you really need to read what I actually do write and produce and not make broad assumptions that were proven wrong about what I say. Nobody enjoys being misrepresented/quoted/lied about, nor does it play in your favor in any way, or help your credibility.

In this game Brown does what he does best, he used his speed and athleticism. The issue here is the Wisconsin is a pretty good protection team. They've only given up 24 sacks this year, which is an average of 2 a game. So that is part of the issue with Brown, but look at who really hurt Wisconsin this season;

Brandon Graham-3 sacks
Aaron Maybin-2 sacks
Willie VanDersteeg-2 sacks
Jamie Kirlew-2 sacks

What do all these guys have that Brown does not? A good inside move. Brown does not have that yet. He can sometimes utilize a mistep and shoot inside when the opposing OT is off balance but the majority of his pressure/sacks come off speed rushes to the outside. That's a big red flag for me. Id put Graham, Kilbrew and Maybin ahead of Brown if they all declare. But like Ive said countless times now, Brown REALLY needs another year in school to work on an inside move and to improve his run D. Here is another reason I say this. Production wise;

Brown-34 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks (8 TFL minus sacks)
Graham-46 tackles, 20 TFL, 10 sacks (10 TFL minus sacks)
Maybin-45 tackles, 19 TFL, 12 sacks (7 TFL minus sacks)
VanDersteeg-49 tackles, 18 TFL, 9.5 TFL (8.5 TFL minus sacks)
Kirlew-74 tackles, 19.5 TFL, 10.5 sacks (9.5 TFL minus sacks)

Now as you can see all those guys have over 10 tackles more that Brown and a player like Jamie Kirlew (HUGELY UNDERRATED) is one of the best in the business at playing the run and pass. And at 6'3 266 he is bigger than Brown and just as athletic. Brown need to put on at least 20-30 pounds and work on his technique at 6'4, 240 something he is still too small.

X-Era
12-27-2008, 10:59 PM
You countered not one of my points of contention, nor did you remind me in any way that Im not all that I think I am, nor does that really make any sense at all. If that was your end aim, then you really need to read what I actually do write and produce and not make broad assumptions that were proven wrong about what I say. Nobody enjoys being misrepresented/quoted/lied about, nor does it play in your favor in any way, or help your credibility.

In this game Brown does what he does best, he used his speed and athleticism. The issue here is the Wisconsin is a pretty good protection team. They've only given up 24 sacks this year, which is an average of 2 a game. So that is part of the issue with Brown, but look at who really hurt Wisconsin this season;

Brandon Graham-3 sacks
Aaron Maybin-2 sacks
Willie VanDersteeg-2 sacks
Jamie Kirlew-2 sacks

What do all these guys have that Brown does not? A good inside move. Brown does not have that yet. He can sometimes utilize a mistep and shoot inside when the opposing OT is off balance but the majority of his pressure/sacks come off speed rushes to the outside. That's a big red flag for me. Id put Graham, Kilbrew and Maybin ahead of Brown if they all declare. But like Ive said countless times now, Brown REALLY needs another year in school to work on an inside move and to improve his run D. Here is another reason I say this. Production wise;

Brown-34 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks (8 TFL minus sacks)
Graham-46 tackles, 20 TFL, 10 sacks (10 TFL minus sacks)
Maybin-45 tackles, 19 TFL, 12 sacks (7 TFL minus sacks)
VanDersteeg-49 tackles, 18 TFL, 9.5 TFL (8.5 TFL minus sacks)
Kirlew-74 tackles, 19.5 TFL, 10.5 sacks (9.5 TFL minus sacks)

Now as you can see all those guys have over 10 tackles more that Brown and a player like Jamie Kirlew (HUGELY UNDERRATED) is one of the best in the business at playing the run and pass. And at 6'3 266 he is bigger than Brown and just as athletic. Brown need to put on at least 20-30 pounds and work on his technique at 6'4, 240 something he is still too small.

Nobody misquoted you or misrepresented you. You speak loudly and with ego at times and it bites you in the ass. It bites me in the ass and all of us. I can go and find the posts if you want, but maybe you should just admit your previous comments on Calais, Royal, and Desean, as well as Ryan. That would be easier. Im wrong about players every year and so are you. But I also have a fairly decent record on my calls on players and so do you. I simply dont put forth the amount of effort that you do on this and you deserve props that I will continue to give you.

Brown makes plays, hes a playmaking DE. Hes not going to be in on every play, thats not his job. But like the forced fumble, Brown makes an occasional play. If I were to find a flaw it would be in run d. He gets locked up too easy and doesnt shed blocks as well as Id like to see. However, thats standard for pass rushers IMO. They rush the passer, and in the mean time get bound up by blockers most of the time.

He has the size/speed combo that you look for and he has good strength. He has 12.5 sacks this season going into this game, how Johnson doing?

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
1.) Curry, LB, WF
2.) Mack, C, Cal
3.) Coffman, TE, Mizzou

STFU, BEST DRAFT EVER!!

X-Era
12-29-2008, 06:57 AM
1.) Curry, LB, WF
2.) Mack, C, Cal
3.) Coffman, TE, Mizzou

STFU, BEST DRAFT EVER!!

That draft would awesome.

yordad
01-01-2009, 05:51 PM
1.) Curry, LB, WF
2.) Mack, C, Cal
3.) Coffman, TE, Mizzou

STFU, BEST DRAFT EVER!!Yeah that and sign Peppers.

X-Era
01-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Maybe you missed the forced fumble...

How did Johnson do again?

:up:

DraftBoy
01-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Maybe you missed the forced fumble...

How did Johnson do again?

:up:

Constant pressure, doubled teamed, chipped, and cut on nearly every play, recorded a sack, and 5-6 tackles...your point was??

Also Brown was not credited with a FF from that game, check the box score.

X-Era
01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Constant pressure, doubled teamed, chipped, and cut on nearly every play, recorded a sack, and 5-6 tackles...your point was??

Also Brown was not credited with a FF from that game, check the box score.

Dont know what boxed score your reading, or care. Anyone who watched the game knows that he had the forced fumble. This is from your favorite draft site:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56569&draftyear=2010&genpos=DE

Simply read the 12/28 excerpt.

Johnson did about nothing, and has less sacks than Brown this year... thats the facts.