• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

RUMOR: Fred Smerlas thinks there is an escape clause on DJ's extension

If the Bills don't make 8-8 this season, it's a deal killer. This would explain RW's saying we'll wait a few weeks and see what happens. DJ could coach himself out of the new contract.

If true, this is a white knight clause.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fred Smerlas said there is an escape clause on DJ's extension

Originally posted by Skooby
    If the Bills don't make 8-8 this season, it's a deal killer. This would explain RW's saying we'll wait a few weeks and see what happens. DJ could coach himself out of the new contract.

I was thinking the same thing all along. You don't lock a coach to a new contract midway thru the season without throwing some kind of escape clause in there. It makes too much sense and it also explains why everyone is being silent.

If this is true, now i'm not sure what I want to happen tomorrow. On one hand, I want Dick Jauron gone, but i can't stand the patriots and have true hate for them and would rather knock them out of the playoffs....

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

It explains everything. If the whole contract was in question due to the record, I could understand why they wouldnt confirm it. And it makes sense to put some sort of a clause in about this years record.

But why 8-8? Why be OK with a .500 season?

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
        It explains everything. If the whole contract was in question due to the record, I could understand why they wouldnt confirm it. And it makes sense to put some sort of a clause in about this years record.

But why 8-8? Why be OK with a .500 season?
        Progress from two 7-9 season
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
          Progress from two 7-9 season
          I seriously hope not.

That's a 1 game improvement every 3rd season. At that rate, it'll take us another 6 years to get to 11-5 and be realistic contenders.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

Where did u hear that from? Link?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
              Where did u hear that from? Link?
              Good point.

Also, how/why would Fred Smerlas know? What's his current affiliation/connection to the team? He hasn't been a Bill for 20 years.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

He has a weekly radio segment on WGR. I assume that's where the OP heard this. Maybe he still has contacts within the org. that he talks to
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

If true, it adds quite a bit of drama to tomorrow's game. Knowing our history, we'd recover a fumble down 2 with 30 seconds to go and one timeout, throw a bomb to Evans who gets tackled from behind, call the TO, hit the field goal, win and celebrate like it was the Super Bowl, and then slowly start to realize what it all meant over the next few weeks, months and eventually years. I know... depressing, but who can say that doesn't sound like it could be a piece of our history some day?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Skoob...please provide a link...

and if it is true then hopefully RW makes like Col. Hogan.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

If this is actually true I'd have to root for a Bills loss tomorrow. As much as I hate the Pats.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Need a link or this is going to Spam...
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Need a link or this is going to Spam...
                          The source I got it from is shaky but it is being discussed at TBD. I consider it spam and since the Bills never talk about contracts, I cannot say for sure if it will ever really ever be proven. If the Bills lose and DJ is fired, one would think that his contractual status would be revealed as to allow him to find another job.

Smerlas did say it but that doesn't mean it's true.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Re: RUMOR: Fred Smerlas said there is an escape clause on DJ's extension

Thread title edited to reflect accuracy
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

The source I got it from is shaky but it is being discussed at TBD. I consider it spam and since the Bills never talk about contracts, I cannot say for sure if it will ever really ever be proven. If the Bills lose and DJ is fired, one would think that his contractual status would be revealed as to allow him to find another job.

Smerlas did say it but that doesn't mean it's true.
                              A baseless opinion.... hmmm, does Spamville have any room?

Comment

Working...
                              X