PDA

View Full Version : Funny how Edwards at least gives us a shot to win tommorrow.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Funny how when Edwards is back in the lineup the optimism spikes back up.

I also find it funny how in Buffalo the general consesus is that Edwards is a keeper but on this board we should be trying to get Cassel.

mayotm
12-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Edwards will be fine. Obviously,he hit a rough patch midway through the season. However, as bad as things were at times, the Bills were in just about every game that they lost. Hopefully, he will learn from his mistakes and continue improving. I am concerned that he can't stay healthy, so a competent backup is essential for next season.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Edwards will be fine. Obviously,he hit a rough patch midway through the season. However, as bad as things were at times, the Bills were in just about every game that they lost. Hopefully, he will learn from his mistakes and continue improving. I am concerned that he can't stay healthy, so a competent backup is essential for next season.

I agree that a backup is essential. Losman went 0-4 in the games he had to play in.

That can't be any more pathetic.

The 49rs, Jets, and Fins games were all winnable.

We could have been playing for the division this weekend.

yordad
12-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Where can I see the census figures? I don't believe that to be accurate.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Where can I see the census figures? I don't believe that to be accurate.

If Losman was starting do you think there would be any hope of a win??

People are at least predicting a win on this board.

yordad
12-27-2008, 05:01 PM
If Losman was starting do you think there would be any hope of a win??

People are at least predicting a win on this board.I think its about evenly unlikely either way. But that isn't what I was referring to.

mayotm
12-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I think its about evenly unlikely either way. But that isn't what I was referring to.Yes, it's probably unlikely either way. However, common sense dictates that they have a lot better chance with Edwards.

yordad
12-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Yes, it's probably unlikely either way. However, common sense dictates that they have a lot better chance with Edwards.I am unconvinced. Have you seen TEs track record vs the 3-4?

yordad
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't belive a majority of this board wants Cassel. That is all I'm trying to say people. And, I think HH should start a poll.

Tatonka
12-27-2008, 05:41 PM
there is probably 3 people on the board who really want cassell. most people jsut think that our qb situation sucks, which it does.

Tatonka
12-27-2008, 05:45 PM
and anyone who really thinks we can beat NE is high. they have owned us for so long that it would take a miracle.. that on top of the fact that trent hasnt proven he can play well in bad weather, or against a 3-4, or stay healthy...

DraftBoy
12-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Cassell is a stupid idea, and assuming Trent is our savior is just as stupid at this point imo.

mayotm
12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I am unconvinced. Have you seen TEs track record vs the 3-4?That's because you still have your tongue up Losman's ass.

yordad
12-27-2008, 08:36 PM
That's because you still have your tongue up Losman's ass.:nono: Projecting? Explicitly? Just because you wanna play "Butt 'n' Touch" with men, doesn't mean everyone does. Please keep what you do in the closet where it belongs, you English cigarette.

Oh, BTW, how believing that a majority of Bills fans don't want Cassel implies any feelings about JP is beyond me. JP is gone in less then 24 hours, so anyone's feelings about JP would be moot. Movin' on now. :peace:

Mitchy moo
12-27-2008, 10:26 PM
assuming Trent is our savior is just as stupid at this point imo.

Assuming he's not is stupid as well. Flashes of brilliance / clutch play make me want to see more.

DraftBoy
12-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Assuming he's not is stupid as well. Flashes of brilliance / clutch play make me want to see more.

That doesnt make any sense Skoob. Flashing "brilliance" (still waiting for that imo) doesnt mean anything to me. Showing consistent brilliance, then you have something.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Edwards give us a chance which has been the theme the whole year.

Second year player and we all have way too much in expectations but he still gives us a chance.

Dr. Lecter
12-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Jesus Hurricane, did you even watch the Browns game? Or the first half of the 49ers game? Hell, JP put 3 points on San Fran, which is 3 more than Edwards did.

Mitchy moo
12-27-2008, 10:54 PM
That doesnt make any sense Skoob. Flashing "brilliance" (still waiting for that imo) doesnt mean anything to me. Showing consistent brilliance, then you have something.

How many of the greatest QB's showed consistent Brilliance after 1 full year of regular season games?? Your asking for the impossible based on the time played so far regardless.

Trent / 4th Quarter in JAX was one example of brilliance, especially with a 108 degree field temp.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Jesus Hurricane, did you even watch the Browns game? Or the first half of the 49ers game? Hell, JP put 3 points on San Fran, which is 3 more than Edwards did.

The 49rs game Edwards was hurt so hard to judge him.

Look at the stats after his first 6 passes in the Browns game. He pulled his game together, scored a passing and rushing TD and drove down so Lindell could attempt the game winning kick. As bad as he sucked he still figured out how to keep it together.

Mitchy moo
12-27-2008, 10:57 PM
The 49rs game Edwards was hurt so hard to judge him.

Look at the stats after his first 6 passes in the Browns game. He pulled his game together, scored a passing and rushing TD and drove down so Lindell could attempt the game winning kick. As bad as he sucked he still figured out how to keep it together.

Linebacker mentality?