PDA

View Full Version : The first unit could learn something form the backups..

mchurchfie
08-29-2002, 10:50 PM
Like going a series or two without getting a dumba$$ penalty. The second and third teamers went the whole second half with barely a penalty at all. Of course there is always that perenial 2-4 penalties a game by All Pro Rueben..usually at the WORST times.

shelby
08-29-2002, 10:58 PM
reuben:chair:shelby

Novacane
08-29-2002, 10:59 PM
Ruben is soooooooo overated! I am so sick of his holding.

JefftheBillsfan
08-29-2002, 11:01 PM
he is really over-rated...how does he make the pro bowl...ever?!?!?!

Novacane
08-29-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
he is really over-rated...how does he make the pro bowl...ever?!?!?!

I wonder the same thing myself.

?
08-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Ruben is a solid palyer.

Bufftp
08-29-2002, 11:08 PM
and we should replace with whom? (on the roster)

mchurchfie
08-29-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by shelby
reuben:chair:shelby

Kick his a$$ Shelby!

mchurchfie
08-29-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
and we should replace with whom? (on the roster)

Such is the frustration of it all Buff. The heat was never on him because the rest of the line stunk so bad but this year he needs to pony up and start getting the job done.

JefftheBillsfan
08-29-2002, 11:18 PM
look im not saying he isn't a good player...he is a solid LG IMO. i think its crazy that he makes the Pro Bowl every year. he is a good player...not a Pro Bowl player. of course there is nobody on our team that can replace him...im just saying there is someone in the AFC that can on the Pro Bowl roster.

casdhf
08-29-2002, 11:23 PM
He's a very good player. He's our best offensive lineman and probably still one of the best in the division. I dunno if he deserves to start the Pro-Bowl, but he's definately one of the 10 best Guards in the game

colin
08-30-2002, 12:08 AM
Blo fans are so freaking negative. When a player makes it to the Probowl every freaking year, and are a first round pick, it is because the suck and no one knows how bad he plays except us. Boo Hoo. He is an OUTSTANDING guard, he is a very good pass blocker and a complete mauler on runs, and he does get some penalties. This is the PRESEASON, the games don't count. We can worry about it if it still happens in the real season.

mchurchfie
08-30-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by colin
Blo fans are so freaking negative. When a player makes it to the Probowl every freaking year, and are a first round pick, it is because the suck and no one knows how bad he plays except us. Boo Hoo. He is an OUTSTANDING guard, he is a very good pass blocker and a complete mauler on runs, and he does get some penalties. This is the PRESEASON, the games don't count. We can worry about it if it still happens in the real season.

Oh, okay..we'll wait until we're 0-4 before he finally gets it right..nothing like "on the job training".."baptism by fire" and all that good *****, huh? You can discount it as negative all you, but he needs to take it to the next level..um, that would be from mediocre to sufficient. I've watched him play all of his career and he still keeps making the same dumb penalties. He needs to get his head out of his a$$ and start playing like a Professional. And by the way, its been awhile since I've seen him maul anybody. What kind of leadership and example is he showing to the younger players when he's over there taking 2-3 penalties per game. This team has no margin for error..the so called "elite players" have to step up to the plate. And there is a fine line between being "negative" and being realistic. You should think about that before you get out that big wide brush of yours and start painting everyone in Buffalo as a bunch cynics. Besides..I sure heard a lot of whining when the Mapleleafs got their sorry a$$es knocked out of the playoffs...CHOKES!!

The_Philster
08-30-2002, 03:14 AM
Actually churchie, he barely got penalized last season if I remember correctly. I don't like the penalties either but if last season is any indication, I'd rather see him get them now....get them out of his sytem.

TedMock
08-30-2002, 09:25 AM
He does get stupid penalties but he is a very good guard too. The coaches and players also vote for the pro bowl and if his peers feel that he's one of the tougher guys to go against than I'll take their word for it. I'm just as pissed as anybody over the penalties but to say he's way overrated is off too. I do agree that he better get his head out of his ass before the season starts. He has always had stupid penalties in preseason and early in the season and I don't know why but he usually cleans it up after the beginning of the year.

mchurchfie
08-30-2002, 11:23 AM
I was probably being a little over critical about him.I agree, he is a good player and probably our best lineman. That is the part that frustrates me though, he needs to start being a better leader. Hopefully, that will evolve as he sees how important Drew is and the great things that he can achieve when he isn't getting sacked, hurried, or put in 3rd and long situations because of dumb penalties. Our OL and STs have been a HUGE problem for the last 4-5 years, you would think that we could finally get it right by now..that is what really frustrates me I guess.