PDA

View Full Version : Guess whos leading our DL in sacks

Mitchell55
12-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Ryan Denney. Im not sure how this is possible but he has 4. Thats 2 from what Schobel had last year. We need to keep him.

X-Era
12-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Ryan Denney. Im not sure how this is possible but he has 4. Thats 2 from what Schobel had last year. We need to keep him.

If you want to make **** smell like roses, have fun with that.

We need at least 1 stud DE, and more likely at least 2 new DE's.

Mitchell55
12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
If you want to make **** smell like roses, have fun with that.

We need at least 1 stud DE, and more likely at least 2 new DE's.

Im just saying that we should keep him. Most people are always talking crap about him.

rcd333
12-27-2008, 07:40 PM
it's not like he's good, the rest of the DE's suck even more.

OpIv37
12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
4 sacks is good for a #3 DE who only plays in relief and garbage time, but not for a #3 rotational DE who started half the games.

yordad
12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
You have to "keep him" until he isn't good enough to make the roster. We carry 5.5 DEs. Let me know when he isn't in the top 5. Unless you think he can longsnap, then make it top 6.

Night Train
12-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Denney is not a front line player but a solid extra DE and a super ST's player.

He never should have been our 2nd round pick but he didn't make the pick. I like having him and he's still playing on the cheap.

theanswer74
12-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Its weird that Jauron went 3 years without replacing atleast one of Denney and Kelsay. He deserves to be fired for that alone.

OpIv37
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Its weird that Jauron went 3 years without replacing atleast one of Denney and Kelsay. He deserves to be fired for that alone.

Don't forget that Marv re-signed both of those guys. And after he re-signed (read: overpaid) Kelsay, he had to re-re-sign Schobel because Kelsay was making more than him. Uggh.

circlethewagons
12-27-2008, 09:16 PM
when the guy who's suppose to be the third DE leads your team in sacks you've usually got yourself a problem. if im not mistaken doesn't Kawika mitchell have four sacks as well? thats a bad sign for Kelsay when a Linebacker in a 4-3 scheme has more sacks than you. Kelsay is basically useless, at least denney uses his height to swat some passes. this team desperetly needs a pass rushing DE this year, or even one thats good against the run something else that Kelsay seems to struggle with

yordad
12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Don't forget that Marv re-signed both of those guys. And after he re-signed (read: overpaid) Kelsay, he had to re-re-sign Schobel because Kelsay was making more than him. Uggh.I know, I figured they would let him walk and roll with Denney over there. They are pretty close to clones. Then we wouldn't be strapped with scrap DEs, because Schobel would have lost his bargaining chip. I mean did they think Kelsey was really about to "break out" or something?

theanswer74
12-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Don't forget that Marv re-signed both of those guys. And after he re-signed (read: overpaid) Kelsay, he had to re-re-sign Schobel because Kelsay was making more than him. Uggh.

I think that was Overdorf.

Jim Overdorf overpays pretty much everyone he gets signed. I think we should find a new contract guy.

madness
12-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Denney is who he is... a serviceable #3. I think he's played well as anybody expected him to play and for damn sure wasn't going play any better. He might have stood out a little more if he didn't play like the Broncos' defense and overpersue almost every play.

In this league you need at least one DE and DT that can command more than one guy blocking. We have that at DT with Stroud who I've seen get triple-teamed on a more than a few occasions. Schobel use to bring that but being on the downside of his career, I don't forsee too much of an impact in the future... especially with his last injury.

We need a couple young DE's that can either beat out one of our current group or lockdown a backup spot until they get their opportunity to step up.

life of faith
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah but 3 of those 4 sacks came in the 49ers game against their joke of an offensive line.