PDA

View Full Version : Flutie Curse

IAG
12-28-2008, 09:38 AM
I saw on the NFL Network a piece about the Flutie Curse. I also read an article about it on the web. I have always believed in something like this...

I have to be honest...back in 1999, I supported the team going with RJ as the QB versus Tennessee. Now, close to ten years later...I APOLOGIZE to Doug Flutie. While he was not my favorite player, Flutie SHOULD HAVE started that game. What I thought was right was wrong. I was a big RJ fan and thought he was the key to everything. I, was again, WRONG.

If Flutie was the QB, I also think we would have won the game that day in Nashville. I know RJ left the field ahead that day, but with Flutie there was magic.

Nighthawk
12-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I saw on the NFL Network a piece about the Flutie Curse. I also read an article about it on the web. I have always believed in something like this...

I have to be honest...back in 1999, I supported the team going with RJ as the QB versus Tennessee. Now, close to ten years later...I APOLOGIZE to Doug Flutie. While he was not my favorite player, Flutie SHOULD HAVE started that game. What I thought was right was wrong. I was a big RJ fan and thought he was the key to everything. I, was again, WRONG.

If Flutie was the QB, I also think we would have won the game that day in Nashville. I know RJ left the field ahead that day, but with Flutie there was magic.

I never liked Flutie and don't think him starting that game would have won it for us...unless he was going to play special teams! However, looking back now and knowing what we know, he might have been able to carry that team to a championship.

mybills
12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Now, close to ten years later...I APOLOGIZE to Doug Flutie.
Thank you! :up:

madness
12-28-2008, 09:50 AM
It's on right now.

ryjam282
12-28-2008, 10:17 AM
How can you not like Flutie? Like him or not, the guy won while he was here. I mean, his last game as a Bill against the Seahawks he had a perfect QB rating...He is the last one to get us to the playoffs. He was a winner and I think the worst decision (other than trading for Rob Johnson and/or Bledsoe) in the last 10 years or so was not starting him against Tenn. and then getting rid of him (Donahoe's decision)