PDA

View Full Version : Lets give this a shot

X-Era
12-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Im interested to hear some opinions on a few things. Can any of you give an in depth answer as to why any of these statements are the way they are?

1) Why cant the Bills build an O-line thats as good as the Pats O-line? I look at it like they have equal talent. Thats an arguable statement, but outside of Light and maybe Mankins, none of the rest are dominant. I would offer that Peters and Dockery ahev as much talent as Mankins/Light. My question is why cant the Bills OL plays as well as the Pats OL? Please give an in depth answer, is it the schemes? supporting cast? If its coaching, please explain.

2) Why is our 10-15 yard seem, and sometimes middle of the field CONSTANTLY open on D? Is it the seem of the zones that teams are exploiting? We seem to have the worst 3rd down percentage in the league, we are constantly open in that area. Is there nothing we can do schematically to fix it? If not, arent we stuck with a busted scheme? Or is it just an individual player or maybe a few?

3) Why is it that we havent used play action, roll outs, and especially TE fake block, roll outs in the endzone more? Its almost like we have no on the field adjustments. Its like we call the play and then execute it without any ability to adjust quickly to the Defense. Is that just Trent? is it playcalling?

Id really like something more than just a simple answer like "coaching". Give me details.

FinFaninBuffalo
12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Im interested to hear some opinions on a few things. Can any of you give an in depth answer as to why any of these statements are the way they are?

1) Why cant the Bills build an O-line thats as good as the Pats O-line? I look at it like they have equal talent. Thats an arguable statement, but outside of Light and maybe Mankins, none of the rest are dominant. I would offer that Peters and Dockery ahev as much talent as Mankins/Light. My question is why cant the Bills OL plays as well as the Pats OL? Please give an in depth answer, is it the schemes? supporting cast? If its coaching, please explain.

I think the Bills were very weak at C and RG. RT is average. Dockery and Peters were solid but not spectacular this year. IMO, Peters is overrated. He is very good at pass blocking and just average in run blocking.

The Bills OL is average to below average at run blocking. They can be exploited in pass protection up the middle. They have obvious weaknesses that good pass rushing teams exploit.

I also think the play calling is predictable at times. When the other team knows what you are going to do, the battle is already lost.

2) Why is our 10-15 yard seem, and sometimes middle of the field CONSTANTLY open on D? Is it the seem of the zones that teams are exploiting? We seem to have the worst 3rd down percentage in the league, we are constantly open in that area. Is there nothing we can do schematically to fix it? If not, arent we stuck with a busted scheme? Or is it just an individual player or maybe a few?

Three words - No pass pressure.

It is impossible to cover all of the field. The longer a pass play lasts, the more of the field that the offense can use.

3) Why is it that we havent used play action, roll outs, and especially TE fake block, roll outs in the endzone more? Its almost like we have no on the field adjustments. Its like we call the play and then execute it without any ability to adjust quickly to the Defense. Is that just Trent? is it playcalling?

Perhaps they don't think Trent can handle a full playbook yet. One of the problems with play action, roll outs, etc. is that the QB must take their eyes off of the defense. Perhaps Trent isn't ready for that yet.

Id really like something more than just a simple answer like "coaching". Give me details.

Of course this is all speculation. Perhaps it's just bad coaching.