PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wanna guess....

X-Era
12-28-2008, 12:33 PM
What TD will be saying after this game?

This just may propel some posters to spend the whole offseason talking about how we dont need Lynch.

Just watch.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
What TD will be saying after this game?

This just may propel some posters to spend the whole offseason talking about how we dont need Lynch.

Just watch.

He's not that far off.

Lynch may be better than Fred Jackson, but it's not by much, if at all.

Running wise, both can get it done and Jackson is a better receiving option/threat.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 12:37 PM
He's not that far off.

Lynch may be better than Fred Jackson, but it's not by much, if at all.

Running wise, both can get it done and Jackson is a better receiving option/threat.

Thats exactly the type of mentality that continues our mediocrity.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Thats exactly the type of mentality that continues our mediocrity.

It is?

How so?

Lynch is not head and shoulders better than Jackson.

Both run hard, both push piles and Jackson is a better receiver.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
It is?

How so?

Lynch is not head and shoulders better than Jackson.

Both run hard, both push piles and Jackson is a better receiver.
Let me rephrase, comments like trade Lynch are examples of a mentality that keeps us mediocre.

You haven't gone there, but with comments like Jackson and Lynch being the same, thats the next step.

Others have gone that far. Some have also said we should get rid of Peters.

RIGHT. Lets get rid of every single player thats worth a damn because a UFA should be able to step up.

Uhh huh, right.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Let me rephrase, comments like trade Lynch are examples of a mentality that keeps us mediocre.

You haven't gone there, but with comments like Jackson and Lynch being the same, thats the next step.

Others have gone that far. Some have also said we should get rid of Peters.

RIGHT. Lets get rid of every single player thats worth a damn because a UFA should be able to step up.

Uhh huh, right.

Present the argument that Lynch is head and shoulders better than Jackson.

I wanna see you try.

Sometimes you have to trade from a position of strength to better your team as a whole.

There are teams that employ a one back offense as hard as that is to believe.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Present the argument that Lynch is head and shoulders better than Jackson.

I wanna see you try.

Sometimes you have to trade from a position of strength to better your team as a whole.

There are teams that employ a one back offense as hard as that is to believe.

The opinion in your post sucks, you dont trade from anything when you cant make the playoffs. If your a playoff team, you can trade players. Were not, we need all the help we can get. Besides, no team is going to trade more than these players are worth, they are gonna trade you picks or players that they dont want anymore.

Seriously, just stop replying, you and I will never agree on this. We suck and we need serious upgrades, AND to keep all of our best players.

BTW, that includes keeping Jackson.

Lynch and Jackson are a great 1, 2 punch. No, I would not feel as good about Jackson as our #1 as I do about Lynch.

I will agree that Lynch is not hugely better right now.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 01:06 PM
The opinion in your post sucks, you dont trade from anything when you cant make the playoffs. If your a playoff team, you can trade players. Were not, we need all the help we can get. Besides, no team is going to trade more than these players are worth, they are gonna trade you picks or players that they dont want anymore.

Seriously, just stop replying, you and I will never agree on this. We suck and we need serious upgrades, AND to keep all of our best players.

BTW, that includes keeping Jackson.

Lynch and Jackson are a great 1, 2 punch. No, I would not feel as good about Jackson as our #1 as I do about Lynch.

I will agree that Lynch is not hugely better right now.

To use TD's example with Lynch instead of Peters...

You think we're not a better team if we traded Lynch for Ocho Cinco and a 2?

If you really think that we're not better in those circumstances you're nuts.

Lynch is nothing more than a dime a dozen RB in this league. Fred Jackson proves that more and more every time he touches the football.

I'd take ANY team's malcontent average to good player in a spot we're weak over keeping both Jackson and Lynch if the situation presented itself.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 01:08 PM
To use TD's example with Lynch instead of Peters...

You think we're not a better team if we traded Lynch for Ocho Cinco and a 2?

If you really think that we're not better in those circumstances you're nuts.

Lynch is nothing more than a dime a dozen RB in this league. Fred Jackson proves that more and more every time he touches the football.

I'd take ANY team's malcontent average to good player in a spot we're weak over keeping both Jackson and Lynch if the situation presented itself.

That thought is :poop::poop::poop:

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 01:13 PM
That thought is :poop::poop::poop:

Why is it poop?

Because no other teams run a one back offense in the league?

We don't need two RBs who are at the same level, especially if one team wants to give up someone who wants to give up a player who will help us at a position of need for us.