End of the half?

What the heck was that?

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: End of the half?

Originally posted by realdealryan
    What the heck was that?
    You cant spot crap when Preston and several others want to have a little pushing and hugging fest.

The clock doesnt stop when you run the ball.

Comment

• LarryBoy
      The world needs a hero!
      • Apr 2003

I got one thing to say

Bills Rock!

Comment

• Discotrish
        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
        • Nov 2003

A late Christmas present from Dick Jauron. Who runs the ball in that situation?

Patti
        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• realdealryan
          realdealrex
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          You cant spot crap when Preston and several others want to have a little pushing and hugging fest.

Exactly. My problem was with the running play and subsequent scrum.

/drunk

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

It stops when you blow the whistle. But NO>>>>>>>>>>>>>Let's go to half time because the Bills might score.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

the refs did nothing to break it up...but when the fan jumped on the field they immediately stopped the clock.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                It stops when you blow the whistle.
                No, it doesn't.

The clock doesn't stop on a running play where the runner is tackled in the field of play. The play is over, but the clock keeps running.

Perhaps you are confused with college. In college football, the clock stops when a team gets a first down. It starts again after the ball is set.

However, while I realize you have been watching the Bills play all season, I assure you that was not a college game.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

lol, maybe.

the clock was still ticking when they were running off the field, and there was plenty of time to get back & spike the ball so they could get at least 3 points. That's why I'm convinced that Bill Writeacheck or Bob Cashmycheck is lining the refs pockets.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

the clock was still ticking when they were running off the field, and there was plenty of time to get back & spike the ball so they could get at least 3 points. That's why I'm convinced that Bill Writeacheck or Bob Cashmycheck is lining the refs pockets.
                    The Bills never got lined up. The ref was standing there with the ball waiting to spot it, but Preston was busy downfield getting in a shoving match. The ball was never put down because it was windy, so they weren't spotting it until teams got lined up. For nine seconds he stood there waiting to spot it.

Say what you want, but that was an embarrassing moment for the Bills. It was a stupid play call followed by a momumental brain fart by Preston. You can't blame the Pats for that.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by NE39
                      No, it doesn't.

The clock doesn't stop on a running play where the runner is tackled in the field of play. The play is over, but the clock keeps running.

Perhaps you are confused with college. In college football, the clock stops when a team gets a first down. It starts again after the ball is set.

However, while I realize you have been watching the Bills play all season, I assure you that was not a college game.
                      When the whisle is blown the clock is suppose to stop regarless of what play was ran. The refs were blowing the whisle go back and listen to it and Deardorph called it.
                      To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                        You can't blame the Pats for that.
                        Yes I can, and I just did.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                          When the whisle is blown the clock is suppose to stop regarless of what play was ran. The refs were blowing the whisle go back and listen to it and Deardorph called it.
                          Blowing the whistle signals the end of the play, not stopping the clock. The clock doesn't stop on running plays where the player is tackled in bounds. The clock is separate from the play, which is why they have a timekeeper.

You can't blame the refs for that one, it was a combination of poor game management followed by a stupid play by a Bills player.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Yes I can, and I just did.
                            I forgot you live in your own fantasy world.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

forget about the stupid whistle in YOUR fantasy world...if there was time to run off the field while the clock was ticking, there was time to get to the line and spike the ball...and why didn't they do that? because the ***** ref shoo'd them off the field. Or did you not see his hand waving as he motioned everyone to leave? Maybe you had your eyes closed, or went to the potty, or got up for a beer thinking in your own over cocky NE way that it was done right there because your team got away with another screwing.

Comment

Working...
                              X