PDA

View Full Version : End of the half?

realdealryan
12-28-2008, 01:14 PM
What the heck was that?

X-Era
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
What the heck was that?

You cant spot crap when Preston and several others want to have a little pushing and hugging fest.

The clock doesnt stop when you run the ball.

LarryBoy
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I got one thing to say

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

Discotrish
12-28-2008, 01:19 PM
A late Christmas present from Dick Jauron. Who runs the ball in that situation?

Patti

realdealryan
12-28-2008, 02:12 PM
You cant spot crap when Preston and several others want to have a little pushing and hugging fest.

Exactly. My problem was with the running play and subsequent scrum.

/drunk

mybills
12-28-2008, 03:16 PM

It stops when you blow the whistle. But NO>>>>>>>>>>>>>Let's go to half time because the Bills might score.

Ebenezer
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
the refs did nothing to break it up...but when the fan jumped on the field they immediately stopped the clock.

Ickybaluky
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
It stops when you blow the whistle.

No, it doesn't.

The clock doesn't stop on a running play where the runner is tackled in the field of play. The play is over, but the clock keeps running.

Perhaps you are confused with college. In college football, the clock stops when a team gets a first down. It starts again after the ball is set.

However, while I realize you have been watching the Bills play all season, I assure you that was not a college game.

mybills
12-29-2008, 07:06 AM
lol, maybe.

the clock was still ticking when they were running off the field, and there was plenty of time to get back & spike the ball so they could get at least 3 points. That's why I'm convinced that Bill Writeacheck or Bob Cashmycheck is lining the refs pockets.

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 07:15 AM
the clock was still ticking when they were running off the field, and there was plenty of time to get back & spike the ball so they could get at least 3 points. That's why I'm convinced that Bill Writeacheck or Bob Cashmycheck is lining the refs pockets.

The Bills never got lined up. The ref was standing there with the ball waiting to spot it, but Preston was busy downfield getting in a shoving match. The ball was never put down because it was windy, so they weren't spotting it until teams got lined up. For nine seconds he stood there waiting to spot it.

Say what you want, but that was an embarrassing moment for the Bills. It was a stupid play call followed by a momumental brain fart by Preston. You can't blame the Pats for that.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 07:15 AM
No, it doesn't.

The clock doesn't stop on a running play where the runner is tackled in the field of play. The play is over, but the clock keeps running.

Perhaps you are confused with college. In college football, the clock stops when a team gets a first down. It starts again after the ball is set.

However, while I realize you have been watching the Bills play all season, I assure you that was not a college game.
When the whisle is blown the clock is suppose to stop regarless of what play was ran. The refs were blowing the whisle go back and listen to it and Deardorph called it.

mybills
12-29-2008, 07:17 AM
You can't blame the Pats for that.
Yes I can, and I just did.

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 07:19 AM
When the whisle is blown the clock is suppose to stop regarless of what play was ran. The refs were blowing the whisle go back and listen to it and Deardorph called it.

Blowing the whistle signals the end of the play, not stopping the clock. The clock doesn't stop on running plays where the player is tackled in bounds. The clock is separate from the play, which is why they have a timekeeper.

You can't blame the refs for that one, it was a combination of poor game management followed by a stupid play by a Bills player.

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes I can, and I just did.

I forgot you live in your own fantasy world.

mybills
12-29-2008, 07:29 AM
forget about the stupid whistle in YOUR fantasy world...if there was time to run off the field while the clock was ticking, there was time to get to the line and spike the ball...and why didn't they do that? because the ***** ref shoo'd them off the field. Or did you not see his hand waving as he motioned everyone to leave? Maybe you had your eyes closed, or went to the potty, or got up for a beer thinking in your own over cocky NE way that it was done right there because your team got away with another screwing.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Blowing the whistle signals the end of the play, not stopping the clock. The clock doesn't stop on running plays where the player is tackled in bounds. The clock is separate from the play, which is why they have a timekeeper.

You can't blame the refs for that one, it was a combination of poor game management followed by a stupid play by a Bills player.
Yeah so I take it the Patriots players had nothing to do with the pushing and shoving. The coach is a proven cheater so im sure maybe the players take after him thinking that if they keep pushing and shoving the time would run out. How about the push on Fred Jackson when he was already out of bounds and the official was right there and no flag. That would have been a big penalty. The Pats get calls to go there way it happened last year and it happened this year but it wasnt enough to get them in the playoffs.

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 07:33 AM
forget about the stupid whistle in YOUR fantasy world...if there was time to run off the field while the clock was ticking, there was time to get to the line and spike the ball...and why didn't they do that? because the ***** ref shoo'd them off the field. Or did you not see his hand waving as he motioned everyone to leave? Maybe you had your eyes closed, or went to the potty, or got up for a beer thinking in your own over cocky NE way that it was done right there because your team got away with another screwing.

The umpire was standing there with the ball waiting to spot it with 9 seconds on the clock. That is a fact.

However, the ref can't spot the ball unless the Bills get lined up. They never did, and Preston was downfield pushing an shoving, so even if the Bills had lined up to spike the ball it would have been a penalty with a 10-second run-off and the end of the half.

Try as you might to blame the Pats, it was simply a mistake by the Bills.

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah so I take it the Patriots players had nothing to do with the pushing and shoving. The coach is a proven cheater so im sure maybe the players take after him thinking that if they keep pushing and shoving the time would run out. How about the push on Fred Jackson when he was already out of bounds and the official was right there and no flag. That would have been a big penalty. The Pats get calls to go there way it happened last year and it happened this year but it wasnt enough to get them in the playoffs.

If Preston was being held there, it would have been a penalty. However, he was was involved of his own volition and it isn't the refs job to tell him he is being stupid.

As for the rest of your post, you are rambling. I understand you are upset, but that particular sequence prior to the half is a good example of the kind of mistake that costs the Bills and led to their losing streak.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 07:42 AM
If Preston was being held there, it would have been a penalty. However, he was was involved of his own volition and it isn't the refs job to tell him he is being stupid.

As for the rest of your post, you are rambling. I understand you are upset, but that particular sequence prior to the half is a good example of the kind of mistake that costs the Bills and led to their losing streak.
Look bud I was upset weeks ago hell even years ago im past that. The best thing that could happen yesterday is the Pats were 11-5 and didnt make it to the post season. That made my day.:dance:

mybills
12-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Pats were 11-5 and didnt make it to the post season. That made my day.:dance:
:hi5: it's worse when you get that far then fall on your face.
:lolpoint: NE

Ickybaluky
12-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Look bud I was upset weeks ago hell even years ago im past that. The best thing that could happen yesterday is the Pats were 11-5 and didnt make it to the post season. That made my day.:dance:

You have to admit, they had a remarkable year, though. Winning 11 games is a incredible accomplishment given all that happened this season.

I understand you are upset about the Bills, but that fiasco prior to the half can't be blamed on the refs by anyone being reasonable. The refs did their jobs, the Bills didn't.

I actually don't think the Bills are far off. I think Trent Edwards is going to be a good QB. They need a TE and help in their front-7 on defense.

However, they need a new coaching staff. I am not one to usually put blame on coaches, as I think their job is tough and it falls on the players. However, Jauron isn't getting it done, and his game-management is terrible (think Edwards, Herm).

They should bring in a few more vets as well, to establish lockerroom discipline. Everyone falls in love with young players an potential, but you need guys who have been there to lead the way. The Bills have a couple vets, but they could use a few guys who can lead a lockerroom.

mybills
12-29-2008, 07:52 AM
how arrogant can a person be..oh wait

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
:hi5: it's worse when you get that far then fall on your face.
:lolpoint: NE:beers:

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:53 AM
that call is to be blamed on talent.

/sarcasm.