PDA

View Full Version : KEEP FREDDY JACKSON!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 01:29 PM
If we don't that either means we have an owner who doesn't give a **** about winning or we are going to somehow sign a better RB. Freddy Jackson is a BEAST!! Not as BEASTLY as Marshawn but more BEASTLY than most RBs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
well i think thats a given

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 01:32 PM
well i think thats a given
you never know w/ the bills front office

TacklingDummy
12-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Fred Jackson is the better overall back.

I'd rather trade Lynch and keep Jackson.

Typ0
12-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I really liked this offenses philosophy on the backs. I know they took a lot of heat for not using Lynch enough but I always believed they were right trying to limit him a bit and keep him stronger later in the season especially since they had Jackson. It would be nice to have both guys on the roster next year.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 04:46 PM

I'd rather trade Lynch and keep Jackson.naaa dude they are both good....two talented RBs r better than one

Akhippo
12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Keep Jackson and team him with lynch to form a dangerous one/two. Simple as that. If we arent going to upgrade the passing attack, at least get some lineman in here and we can run all day long. Fine with me.

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
As an ERFA we are going to have him for at least one more year but we really need to offer him a long term deal instead of just a tender.

Marvelous
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Fred Jackson gives us OUR BIGGEST & MAYBE OUR ONLY ADVANTAGE.. That one two punch is sooo valuable & dangerous when the two RB's like eachother...
---I have several memories(5) of Lynch showing amazing support & friendship to Fred Jackson on the field & sidelines....Lynch is just VERY likeable & the definition of team player...He also cracks me up..He did something really funny/cool last week(i think last week) while he was nicked up & fred Jackson did something on the field. I dont recall but Lynch went on the field :lol:
----If we can keep both & they are happy & become best friends,,,which is very possible because Freddy Jackson proved that he's a star,,If they bond then man we will be super-dangerous...IMO that's a major ingriedient for building a super contender..

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I would have ZERO problem trading Lynch at this point if we got value and upgraded another position to make ourselves better as a whole.

For instance...

Lynch for Ocho Cinco? In a heartbeat.
Lynch for Boldin? In a heartbeat.
Lynch for McNabb? In a heartbeat.

Fred Jackson can carry the ball 20+ times a game period. And he's a hell of a lot better receiving option too.

Tatonka
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
As an ERFA we are going to have him for at least one more year but we really need to offer him a long term deal instead of just a tender.

totally agree. as it stands right now, we dont lose a beat with him in over lynch, and with the way lynch runs.. he is going to miss games every year and probably have a short career. we need to lock up jackson for a reasonable 4-5 year deal no question.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Fred Jackson can carry the ball 20+ times a game period. And he's a hell of a lot better receiving option too.

Some of the posters who think they know everything on here will tell you that Jackson wouldn't be able to take the pounding and wouldn't last the whole year as starter.

To those who think they know everything I ask, how many games has Lynch missed the past couple of year due to injury? If anyone has a problem with staying healthy it would be Lynch.

Also Jackson doesn't run to contact the way Lynch does which means Jackson wouldn't take as much pounding.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Jackson should be the starter.

Plus I know the Bills are going to sign him long term.

Chris Brown said it on his live blog.

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:08 PM

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH?

Someone on here said he isnt as "beastly" as Marshawn?
I dont even know if I can name a NFL back who is tougher than Fred Jackson let along Lynch...
Fred Jackson is my favorite player on this team. Hands down! The guy has balls!

Mike13
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
He is a stud, I'd keep him

For instance...

Lynch for Ocho Cinco? In a heartbeat.
Lynch for Boldin? In a heartbeat.
Lynch for McNabb? In a heartbeat.

1) the Bengals were reportedly offered first rounders for him, and they turned those offers down, there's a chance of it happening but I doubt it.

2) It will be a cold day in hell before that happens

3) Keep on dreaming.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
guys come on Lynch is still a great RB no doubt....they make a great 1-2 punch and lets keep it that way

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
He is a stud, I'd keep him

1) the Bengals were reportedly offered first rounders for him, and they turned those offers down, there's a chance of it happening but I doubt it.

2) It will be a cold day in hell before that happens

3) Keep on dreaming.

Im sorry..no way I trade Lynch for Chad Johnson "in a heartbeat"

VeggieMan14
12-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Im sorry..no way I trade Lynch for Chad Johnson "in a heartbeat"I second that motion he is a D-Bag and he is overrated

MarvLevy
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
maybe not even Boldin or McNabb....but wont say I wouldnt consider it.

Lynch has to be utilized to his skills...get Tedford in here and watch him go nuts.

OpIv37
12-29-2008, 12:48 AM

I disagree but either way, it's irrelevant. Even if Jackson was the undeniably better back, this FO wouldn't trade Lynch to keep him. They have too much invested in Lynch, and saving face and proving themselves right is more important than winning football games.

thenry20
12-29-2008, 02:07 AM

Man you're crazy!!!

It's not the RB's that suck or lack, it's the freakin line!

TacklingDummy
12-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Man you're crazy!!!

It's not the RB's that suck or lack, it's the freakin line!

Funny how the run blocking looks better with Jackson playing. Maybe it has to do with Jackson's ability to read the hole and Lynch lack of vision.