PDA

View Full Version : Tasker: What does McGahee do to team chemistry?

Romes
05-07-2003, 06:48 PM
http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/109667.html

Tasker make a very ballsy statement here.

Well I say this: Willis McGahee wasn’t available after Thurman Thomas had his first Pro Bowl year. If Willis had been – he’s that special of a player – we might consider taking him. If you had Drew Bledsoe as your quarterback and Jim Kelly comes up in the draft, do you take him? Yeah, you do.

Is he actually claiming McGahee could be better than Thurman? He is! He makes a interesting point about Kelly/Bledsoe.

I agree with this.

I know Travis Henry said it was a slap in the face. I’m sure that comment was made very soon after the pick occurred and it was a gut reaction. He was bummed out about it. A player always wonders how drafting another player at his position, or signing a highly touted unrestricted free agent might affect him. But sooner or later, perhaps even now, Travis is going to embrace it. He’s got to embrace it. If he doesn’t, he’s not the back he thinks he is. He thinks he’s the best. Well, when he’s the best, the competition that comes his way doesn’t matter.

You only need to worry about losing your job if the other person is better than you.

HenryRules
05-07-2003, 06:52 PM
I don't think he's claiming that McGahee is better than Thurman ... I think what he's saying is that McGahee has the potential to be a hall-of-famer, and after Thurman's first pro bowl, you didn't know if it was a fluke or not, so why not position yourself so that if it is was a fluke, you have a fallback with great potential.

Romes
05-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I don't think he's claiming that McGahee is better than Thurman ... I think what he's saying is that McGahee has the potential to be a hall-of-famer

Hence when I said, "Is he actually claiming McGahee could be better than Thurman? He is!"

HenryRules
05-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Thurman is a hall of famer (not yet, but he will be IMO) ... i still don't see where he says that McGahee could be better than thurman.

SoCalBillsFan
05-07-2003, 08:17 PM
He is certainly saying that willis is a special player. He is willing to say its a good move to take willis with thurman thomas already on your team, that's a pretty sound endorsment of how good he thinks willis can be, hinting he could end up being better than thurman.

imbondz
05-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
He is willing to say its a good move to take willis with thurman thomas already on your team, that's a pretty sound endorsment of how good he thinks willis can be.

That's exactly what he's saying. That if it was Thurman Thomas not T. Henry, Tasker would still consider drafting McGahee. So, he's giving much respect to Willis.