PDA

View Full Version : At least we can say this...

ryjam282
12-28-2008, 03:27 PM
If nothing else, we have shown that we can run the ball. It's been awhile since I've seen this team just line up when the other team knew they would run and still be able to do it...That 4th down pass call was a complete joke, but I am happy with the way the line performed when it came to the running game.

gil
12-28-2008, 03:33 PM
whatever gets you through the night, I guess

ryjam282
12-28-2008, 03:34 PM
LOL, exactly what I was thinking as I wrote it....

DynaPaul
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
That's nice... but we need to know how to score.

acehole
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
If nothing else, we have shown that we can run the ball. It's been awhile since I've seen this team just line up when the other team knew they would run and still be able to do it...That 4th down pass call was a complete joke, but I am happy with the way the line performed when it came to the running game.

Our whole team was built on the premise that we would run in nov/december in the cold in Buffalo and elsewhere.....trouble is we have to learn how to pass in the months prior to have a balanced enough offense...and enough wins to make the playoffs....somthing to build on yea...what got us to the SB all those years was that you had to respect Jim K an Andre Reed...we as of today do not have that threat and need to keep looking...IMHO.

tat2dmike77
12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Our whole team was built on the premise that we would run in nov/december in the cold in Buffalo and elsewhere.....trouble is we have to learn how to pass in the months prior to have a balanced enough offense...and enough wins to make the playoffs....somthing to build on yea...what got us to the SB all those years was that you had to respect Jim K an Andre Reed...we as of today do not have that threat and need to keep looking...IMHO.

Oh but Edwards is so awesome he has turned the corner he is such an elite QB. He will lead us to the promise land :rolleyes:

X-Era
12-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh but Edwards is so awesome he has turned the corner he is such an elite QB. He will lead us to the promise land :rolleyes:

He could become our guy still, its possible. If it were me, Id bring in McNabb just to make sure. But Trent may be just fine long term, we still dont know.

tat2dmike77
12-28-2008, 04:35 PM
He could become our guy still, its possible. If it were me, Id bring in McNabb just to make sure. But Trent may be just fine long term, we still dont know.

But if you believe Edwards is our guy why bring in McNabb? That makes no sense.

acehole
12-28-2008, 04:44 PM

The door is not closed on Trent but he is injury prone...people last year said it did not mater...they were wrong....we do need another guy.....I would stay away from drafting one and just sign a proven guy....I was hoping for farve...and people wanted Trent instead...well you go what you wished for.....does anybody on this board think that Farve would not have gotten us to the playoffs this year? I still think cassle is a good fit or hassleck/holmgren...with Trent learning one more year...

Luisito23
12-28-2008, 04:47 PM
The door is not closed on Trent but he is injury prone...people last year said it did not mater...they were wrong....we do need another guy.....I would stay away from drafting one and just sign a proven guy....I was hoping for farve...and people wanted Trent instead...well you go what you wished for.....does anybody on this board think that Farve would not have gotten us to the playoffs this year? I still think cassle is a good fit or hassleck/holmgren...with Trent learning one more year...

LOL...Guess you don't watch many Jets games.

acehole
12-28-2008, 04:51 PM
LOL...Guess you don't watch many Jets games.

Farve was perfect here ....system, weather...arm to get lee involved....

HE would have made shoemen a house hold name...

X-Era
12-28-2008, 04:52 PM
But if you believe Edwards is our guy why bring in McNabb? That makes no sense.

where does it say Im convinced hes our guy?

I merely said we still dont know. Id like an insurance policy, but I dont wnat to play the QB carousel game either.

It could be that bringing in a vet requires a bigger name HC or GM who can evaluate quickly whether it will ever be Edwards or not. Mularkeys back and forth was a mess and did nothing to solve the problem long term. We have to make a decision quickly and then stick to it.