PDA

View Full Version : What we should do now

X-Era
12-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Front Office:

Bring in Savage

Pioli is the type of move thats a sure thing, but hes going to get a ton and we just wont pay that much. I wouldnt mind Savage, Derek Andersons contract was a blunder but his drafts havent been horrible. If anything he has more GM ability in his pinky finger than Brandon.

Id fire John Guy, and Modrak, and I would also change a few scouts (though they are not one of our big problems).

Coaching:

Hire Billick:

Cowher is the sure thing, but we wont pay huge money for Him, nor Shotty, nor Holmgren. Everyone knows what I think a newbie brings us... NO. Billick, knows how to build a defense, certainly the 3-4, hes a motivator, hes a SB winner. He does a good job in the draft, and he has a fiery attitude which will help him help players straighten out their act when they need it. It probably also give sus a real motivation force on the sidelines at those critical moments. Plus, I think he could take Edwards to the next level.

FA:

With Billick onboard, we may be able to pry away Suggs. Even if he doesnt, he certainly can sort out the difference between true players and fodder. Id love to land Suggs

Peppers or Haynesworth would be stellar but I dont see us doing it. I will write it here because I think it will take this type of upgrade to change things at this point.

Id like Jeff Saturday at C, provided we draft a C early to get groomed. The Colts are 3rd in the league in sacks allowed. Saturday can play for a few years. Birk isnt as good as Saturday IMO, and Heitman seems decent but the 49ers give up a ton of sacks.

After that Id like us to pay solid #2 RB money to Jackson and bring him back. Is also pay Greer enough to keep him, we have a ton of cap room remember. Losman needs to go, as does Fowler. The rest could stay or go, I dont really care.

Draft:

Depends alot on schemes, but:

1) Draft Aaron Curry, we probably end up at 10-ish and it may happen to fall such that he falls, if not a DE like Orakpo
2a) Id like Alex Mack, but he may not fall. At that point, maybe look at Chase Coffman or Jared Cook (who may end up that high when all is said and done).
2b) via a trade up, Id take someone like Ziggy Hood, if we stay at 3, a guy like Caldwell or maybe even Jason Phillips makes a ton of sense
4) Graham Harrell, I think his poise has him playing better than Losman day one, so he could be an early backup.
6) 7) I like guys like DJ Boldin, or Alex Fletcher

Thats my take. I dont think we will do it, but I like it.

Ebenezer
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
it will be the same until you change one thing....

new owner.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
it will be the same until you change one thing....

new owner.

No doubt, Im simply willing to keep up hope.

don137
12-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Some how I feel RW will in the end let us down once again with his office season front office moves...Why should we expect any different. What he should do and what he actually does are two different things...