PDA

View Full Version : Alright im going to say it...

more cowbell
12-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I know a lot of bills fans want to like this guy because of how much of a beast he was in college, how cool his name is, and how much of a typical buffalo player he seems like....buuuuuuut

he sucks.

he gets blocked out of EVERY single run play...he couldn't tackle sammy morris or lamont jordan head on today. And not just today did that happen its been the whole season. He is no where near the player he's made out to be. Every time he faces an offensive lineman or fullback hes on his ass and whenever hes head on with a running back he is somehow taclking them from behind. And to top it all off...he sucks in coverage

IT sucks too because I really want to like him...but he's a bust so far and there is NO WAY to justify him being a good player so far...

X-Era
12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
I know a lot of bills fans want to like this guy because of how much of a beast he was in college, how cool his name is, and how much of a typical buffalo player he seems like....buuuuuuut

he sucks.

he gets blocked out of EVERY single run play...he couldn't tackle sammy morris or lamont jordan head on today. And not just today did that happen its been the whole season. He is no where near the player he's made out to be. Every time he faces an offensive lineman or fullback hes on his ass and whenever hes head on with a running back he is somehow taclking them from behind. And to top it all off...he sucks in coverage

IT sucks too because I really want to like him...but he's a bust so far and there is NO WAY to justify him being a good player so far...

Move him outside and draft Lauranitis. BTW, I dont agree that he sucks, Im just sayin

Ingtar33
12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
did you watch the game?

at all?

HAMMER
12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
He will continue to get better.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Poz doesn't have much talent around him in order to be successful plus he is still a decent football player who was essentially in his rookie season.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2008, 03:44 PM
After watching all the LBs we didn;t get it's kind of sad. He does suck.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Poz isnt even in the top half of players that I would like to see leave.

No, Id keep him as one of the corp guys for the future. Even if he never becomes much more than a backup, he would be a very solid backup.... Much better than our perpetual Undrafted who becomes our primary backup.

BillyT92679
12-28-2008, 03:57 PM
did you watch the game?

at all?
I did.
I don't think he's good at all.

tat2dmike77
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
The guy in your avatar sucks too but nobody seems to mind that.

tampabay25690
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Move him outside and draft Lauranitis. BTW, I dont agree that he sucks, Im just sayin

SORRY to tell u but have you ever seen LAURANITIS play against a good team???
He gets blown off the ball as well......

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
SORRY to tell u but have you ever seen LAURANITIS play against a good team???
He gets blown off the ball as well......

Hes not a sure thing, none are.

But hes a hell of a football player and Id love to have him.

SquishDaFish
12-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry but POZ does not suck. There are bigger problems on this team

Crisis
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
he doesn't suck but he's definitely overrated by bills fans.

jimmacie
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Poz is sure no Erlacher -- more like Steve Erkel at times. I agree that he is pushed around like a rag doll and often is out of position. He couldn't cover his grandmother in pass coverage and many of his tackles (when he doesn't miss them) are 8-10 yards downfield. VERY overrated as are all our linebackers. And to think back that we were one pick away from getting Patrick Willis 2 years ago -- Now he's a REAL linebacker -the kind we desparately need. Maybe Poz will improve with a new coaching staff and more experience, but, based on what I have seen this year, I doubt it.

bigbry
12-28-2008, 10:00 PM
he doesn't suck but he's definitely overrated by bills fans.

A valid point.
However I thing he is and will be one of the best draft choices the Bills have made in awhile on D. Give him some time and give him just a little help ...he will shine.

BB

yordad
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I thought at times he did good today. Hey, the Pats were held to 13.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2008, 10:15 PM
It's to bad the 49ers took Patrick Willis right in front of us.

thenry20
12-29-2008, 02:05 AM

he sucks.

I disagree from what I've seen. It's the scheme. The LB's play too far off the LOS on run plays as do the corners on pass plays. I've seen all 16 games this year.

topher180
12-29-2008, 02:38 AM

I could be wrong of course, but I'm pretty sure the Bills FO made it known that Poz was the guy they were after, whether Willis was still on the board or not.

I have been sharing many of the sentiments in this thread for much of this season. I was initially just talking about the fact he isn't a play maker, but now the points about him being poor at coverage, making down field tackles, etc, all seem more pertinent. Forget making plays, we need if the guy can play period.

Historian
12-29-2008, 05:34 AM
He's not the impact player evryone thought he would be.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 06:49 AM
It didnt matter if he was there when we picked because we were goin running back with that pick. We would be watching Marshawn Lynch on another team if we got Willis and everybody would be slammin this team for not taking Lynch with that pick. Could you emagine how bad this offense would be without Lynch?

TacklingDummy
12-29-2008, 07:01 AM
It didnt matter if he was there when we picked because we were goin running back with that pick. We would be watching Marshawn Lynch on another team if we got Willis and everybody would be slammin this team for not taking Lynch with that pick. Could you emagine how bad this offense would be without Lynch?

Fred Jackson would make us all forget about Lynch.

Owen DeBoard
12-29-2008, 07:05 AM
I like Fred but this in this league now you have to have 2 good rbs. I sure dont like Oman backing up Fred.

TedMock
12-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Poz had some trouble shedding blocks at times this year, but I don't think he played poorly yesterday. You have to realize that, depending on scheme, sometimes a LB has the responsibility to take on the guard and/or FB to free up the other LB. I think he's played solid albeit out of place. Ellison is the weak link in the LB corp.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I could be wrong of course, but I'm pretty sure the Bills FO made it known that Poz was the guy they were after, whether Willis was still on the board or not.

I have been sharing many of the sentiments in this thread for much of this season. I was initially just talking about the fact he isn't a play maker, but now the points about him being poor at coverage, making down field tackles, etc, all seem more pertinent. Forget making plays, we need if the guy can play period.
No if Willis was available in the first round we would have selected him.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2008, 08:14 AM
He doesn't suck but he isn't the impact player many were hoping for. He is the least of our worries.

jamze132
12-29-2008, 09:49 AM
He needs to be moved outside...

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Fred Jackson would make us all forget about Lynch.

If you think Fred is better than Lynch then it goes to show you that our coaches are stupid for not starting him which makes your thoughts of, "it's not the coaches it's the talent " clueless.

Back on topic, I think our players are not being used right. Whitner and Poz are a waste of talent under this coaching staff that plays not to lose

billsfanone
12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
He's below average. I'd like to see an upgrade if possible.

ddaryl
12-29-2008, 10:07 AM
I think the majority of our players will look a lot better with real coaching and intelligent schemes and game day management...

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I think the majority of our players will look a lot better with real coaching and intelligent schemes and game day management...

you mean making our DE's drop back to cover faster wrs is not a good idea ?

bigbry
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
you mean making our DE's drop back to cover faster wrs is not a good idea ?

It's a great way to go, keep it up.

BB

justasportsfan
12-29-2008, 10:24 AM
It's a great way to go, keep it up.

BB
STFU!!!

:D

bigbry
12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
STFU!!!

:D

One more thing before I do. What about Poz?

BB

TacklingDummy
12-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Fred Jackson/Patrick Willis/and whoever in the 2nd round because the Bills would have not pick Poz >>>>>>>Lynch/Poz