PDA

View Full Version : Draft Scenarios....breakdown

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 05:35 PM
With the Texans win today the worst we could be is in the 12th spot.

With a 49ers and Chargers win we have the 10th pick....it's that simple.

Luisito23
12-28-2008, 05:39 PM
9'ers winning so far...and I'm pretty confident in SD tonight, so it's looking good.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
With the Texans win today the worst we could be is in the 12th spot.

With a 49ers and Chargers win we have the 10th pick....it's that simple.

If 49ers win they drop below us, and the Chargers win would make them 8-8 and drop them below us.

That puts us at 9 doesnt it? Nope, Packers are at 9, then us.

Yep, 10.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
11th draft pick LOCKED UP!!!! LETS GO CHARGERS!!!!

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I perdicted we'd finish with the 11th pick a few weeks ago, but Id love to be picking top 10. LETS GO CHARGERS!!!

Ill have to be flipping to that game while watching the La Tech-N. Illinois game tonight.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I perdicted we'd finish with the 11th pick a few weeks ago, but Id love to be picking top 10. LETS GO CHARGERS!!!

Ill have to be flipping to that game while watching the La Tech-N. Illinois game tonight.

Hmmm, Larry English, could he play LB or DE for us?

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Hmmm, Larry English, could he play LB or DE for us?

He'd be a very undersized DE, likely a better fit as a 3-4 OLB.

Some other guys to watch are;
FS Antonio Baker-Who I think is a very underrated prospect
WR Matthew Simmons-Big play guy who is a late round/UDFA prospect with great size
DT D'Anthony Smith-disruptive undersized DT
DE Kwame Jordan-JUCO transfer whose had injury issues should be a big time playmaker tonight.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:35 PM

WR Matthew Simmons-Big play guy who is a late round/UDFA prospect with great size
DE Kwame Jordan-JUCO transfer whose had injury issues should be a big time playmaker tonight.

when you say that, Im reading that he doesnt fit in the cover 2 at all... is that true?

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
when you say that, Im reading that he doesnt fit in the cover 2 at all... is that true?

That would also be my assessment.

Don't Panic
12-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Picking at #10 after going 7-9 is about the best silver lining you could hope for on a day like today.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
That would also be my assessment.

But you say this about most DE's available this year. Schobel is no huge guy size wise.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
It's going to be nice having the 10th, 38th*, and 42th pick in the draft.

38th* pick via trade from Cincy for 38th pick and Chad Johnson for Jason Peters.

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
It's going to be nice having the 10th, 38th*, and 42th pick in the draft.

38th* pick via trade from Cincy for 38th pick and Chad Johnson for Jason Peters.

How does that Aerosmith song go again? Dream on..?

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
How does that Aerosmith song go again? Dream on..?
AHAHAH....actually i'd hate that trade

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
But you say this about most DE's available this year. Schobel is no huge guy size wise.

What have I said about most DE's?

Ive only made an official comment on two DE's so far, since there are going to be 50 something that will be drafted/signed I dont think two qualifies as saying something about most of them.

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:58 PM
What have I said about most DE's?

Ive only made an official comment on two DE's so far, since there are going to be 50 something that will be drafted/signed I dont think two qualifies as saying something about most of them.

OK, let me back up a bit, give me your take on who out of these guys can play in the cover 2:

Johnson
Hardy
Brown
Middleton
Selvie
Orakpo
Shaughnessy

Maybe just a yes/no

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
OK, let me back up a bit, give me your take on who out of these guys can play in the cover 2:

Johnson
Hardy
Brown
Middleton
Selvie
Orakpo
Shaughnessy

Maybe just a yes/no

I dont think so. I dont jump to your command nor function under your rules. The ability to tell you whether a guy can or cannot play in the Cover 2 is a ridiculous question to ask. Any player CAN play in any system at any time. Will the excel in that system? Are they best suited for that system? What changes could they make either physically or in their approach to defense to help them better fit into a system? These are the proper questions to ask not can a guy do it or not, because you or I could do it, doesnt mean we'd be any good at it though. Now to me at least the proper Cover 2 DE should be about 6'2-6'4, in the 260-275 weight range with both the ability to get up the field on the speed rush but also an arsenal of inside pass rush moves also. However they should not be strictly a pass rusher but also have the distinct ability to play the run and play it well. Which means both making playing behind the LOS but also from behind to stringing plays out by holding up blockers from getting to level #2 or by preventing the seal from happening. These are what make ideal Cover 2 DE's. Now of course these are not universal traits because we all know about guys like Dwight Freeney but these are general guidelines I go by.

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 07:22 PM

Baker just stayed home on a WR screen pass and laid a big hit on the TE.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
10th pick here we come!!!!

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
10th pick here we come!!!!

YEAH!! Maybe we will bring in another Donte Whitner like prospect!!! We do an awesome job at reaching for prospects here at 1bd.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 09:17 PM
YEAH!! Maybe we will bring in another Donte Whitner like prospect!!! We do an awesome job at reaching for prospects here at 1bd.
dude don't bring my hopes down....although i think DW is still a talented football player....he should just be playing FS so he can fulfill his potential