PDA

View Full Version : You can add the number one GM prize to the list of "available"

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:31 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/28/pats-loss-is-piolis-gain/#comments

Pioli is officially available per PFT

THATS the type of signing that make us better day one.

Not saying we will do it. But, thats a correct move right now. There will be others. I say this because we will have a list of things that will make us better, and in my opinion will NOT choose most if not all.

This is one of those moves. Pioli is a proven stud.

Don't Panic
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
If we were somehow fortunate enough to land him, would that mean a McDaniels coaching hire shortly thereafter?

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:44 PM
If we were somehow fortunate enough to land him, would that mean a McDaniels coaching hire shortly thereafter?
I have an equation that I think can work

Great GM + newbie HC + better talent = playoffs IMO

So, yes, McDaniels could work here, depends on what else we do, but yes it could work.

don137
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd take Pioli over Cowher for GM anyday...

Luisito23
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
:drool:

SquishDaFish
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Id take it

X-Era
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I'd take Pioli over Cowher for GM anyday...

How can the Bills not see that we need someone to help us get over the hump and find a way to beat the Pats...

Who better than the guy that built the team?

Mad Max
12-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Pioli is a no brainer. His eye for talent is second to none and maybe better than Polian.

So since Ralph clearly has no brain maybe we're destined to get him?

Michael82
12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Pioli would be our Bill Polian replacement. I'd do it in a ****ing heartbeat! Only problem is, Ralph is too cheap to do it. :sigh:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-28-2008, 07:50 PM
aint never gonna happen

Tatonka
12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
why in gods name would the pats let him go?

Mike13
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Because maybe he wants a new challenge? this would be an amazing hire for you guys.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Rumors I've heard out of Cleveland....

Again, just rumors, nothing substantial...

Pioli in as GM. McDaniels HC. Crennel DC. Savage in charge of college scouting.

Take it with a grain of salt but I've been hearing this the past week.

I'm not very happy with keeping Crennel in the organization nor Savage for that matter.

Tatonka
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
yeah right.. crennel is going to drop down to the browns DC and savage is going to drop out of the gm spot to college scouting?

horse****. it is not even worth discussing.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah right.. crennel is going to drop down to the browns DC and savage is going to drop out of the gm spot to college scouting?

horse****. it is not even worth discussing.

It's speculation.

Crennel isn't gonna get a HC job anywhere.

Nor is Savage gonna get a GM job.

Tatonka
12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
well apparently savage has been fired already, so clearly it is speculation.

and i get it that crennell is not getting a HC job.. but doubt that he wants to deal with being the DC for the team that just demoted him.

it is just ridiculous.

are you expecting savage to now interview for the scouting job? :rofl:

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
well apparently savage has been fired already, so clearly it is speculation.

and i get it that crennell is not getting a HC job.. but doubt that he wants to deal with being the DC for the team that just demoted him.

it is just ridiculous.

are you expecting savage to now interview for the scouting job? :rofl:

I think the Savage coming back part is more ridiculous than Crennel given the DC job.

After all, Crennel has been the Browns DC before going to NE and obviously has connections to Pioli.

Personally I want both out of the organization.

And no, I don't want either here as well.

Marvelous
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
:drool:
---GRR!! I'm getting annoyed already because i know we or The Ralph is NO-WAY/No-How/never gonna shell out the cash for a Pioli or Bill Cower or whatever...
---Greg Williams,Mularkey & Dick Ima thinking are all in the top 4-7 cheapest paid head coaches during they're signing...Am i right?
----Man a smart/powerful GM would do wonders for us...Lets face it, Tom Donahoe made mistakes just like all GM's,,But what i miss the most is his powerful aura of confidence. All business....I feel like this team & organization is but a fragment of it's former self. And i don't mean just wins & losses.