PDA

View Full Version : The weekly reason to fire Dick...

Ebenezer
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
This week...

Clock management.

I was at the game and I still don't know if we won or lost the toss but somehow we end up receiving and going into the wind. Terrible combination. (How NE deferred and we still got that, I have no clue). OK, let's make lemons out of lemonade. What is the smartest thing to do here? Run the ball, good. But what is the real objective?

EAT THE CLOCK.

The running game is working and what does this offense do?? They are snapping the ball with 13, 15 even 18 seconds left on the play clock. Insane. OK, they kept NE to three points and that wouldn't have changed but why risk giving them the ball back with good clock?

The clincher? In the third and fourth quarters when they needed to score to stay in the game or get back in it, what happens?? They milk the clock down to less than five seconds, on almost every play.

You can talk about talent and time outs and challenges and luck all you want but behind the plays, beyond the strategy you have to look to the basics of the game.

Just not good coaching.

Novacane
12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
The man is a loser

Michael82
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM
It's always clock management and if you search back, that was one of his biggest problems in Chicago too. The game clock management has always been atrocious! :ill: