PDA

View Full Version : monday morning/late aughust GM

JefftheBillsfan
08-29-2002, 10:57 PM
well here is your chance to say what we should have done in retrospect. would you have fired GW? traded for bledsoe? drafted someone else...maybe roy williams in round 1 or maybe larry trippelette in round 2? sign a FA that we didn't...not sign 1 that we did? feel free to go wherever your mind takes you.

Novacane
08-29-2002, 11:01 PM
No Trey Teague and use that $$$$ to sign a DT.
They really could not have fired GW after last year. That would have not been fair but he is definatley walking a tight rope now. If we suck again he is a gonner!

JefftheBillsfan
08-29-2002, 11:13 PM
i think i would have not traded for bledsoe...there is no use in paying a QB who can take us to the super bowl if we don't have a team super bowl worthy. i would have just gone with blake or chandler i guess. no sense in saying you would draft harrington with our #1 because he was gone and no sense saying pick ramsey #2 because he was gone too. i would not have resigned larry centers...there is nothing he can do much better than say sammy morris can. i never would have signed richard huntly. he has no role. i know i would go after at least 1 DT. either josh evens or the guy who signed with the saints (name slipped me) would have been the way to go IMO. as far as the o-line....i still would draft mike williams. as far as josh reed...yes i think he is going to be a very solid reciever...probably about a 70 catch/year guy. but i still think we should have drafted andre guorode to ensure us having a top o-line. and there is no way i trade up for denney now...but like all my other opinions....its not fair for me to say what i would have done now after months of deliberation as TD had to make decisions as he went. i think TD did a fine job.

The_Philster
08-30-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
No Trey Teague and use that $$$$ to sign a DT.
They really could not have fired GW after last year. That would have not been fair but he is definatley walking a tight rope now. If we suck again he is a gonner!

I agree completely on this one. Conaty could have stayed our starting C and we would have been better off and we could have signed a Sam Adams or someone to give us some up-the-middle pressure.

Pride
08-30-2002, 07:03 AM
Remember everyone, They took Trey with the idea of getting a QB in the draft, not Mike Williams. So if you look at their plan, they get Teague, and then take Harrington, it actually makes sense. TD always said he was looking at Harrington until Detroit took him.

Earthquake Enyart
08-30-2002, 07:10 AM
Let's not forget how horrible this team was last year. TD had a lot of holes to fill, and given the cap limitations, he has done well. The proof will be in the pudding next year, not this year.