PDA

View Full Version : Where we picking??

patmoran2006
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
We're tied with SF right now, so are we picking 10th or 11th. I know they beat us heads up and they're possibly the only other 7-win team, but is that the tiebreaker in draft position?

I know SD is playing now and obviously want them to win... If they do, we're picking either 10th or 11th.

If SD loses, we could pick as low as 12th.

Anyone know where we stand?

hammerbillsfan
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
probably around the same ****ing spot as last year :sigh:

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
It looks like 11th

Marvelous
12-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Head -to- head would trump if that's the case w/ San Fran. We had a similar situation in the McGahee draft where we we're tied with some team with the same wins/division record/conference record etc etc,,,but we beat them head-to-head so they picked ahead of us... I hope this is teh scenerio with San Fran...Woot. If that means we pick 10th then that would be sweet...

---So until someone confirms it, lets assume we pick 11th AGAIN..
-But i tell ya,,1th is a pretty sweet pick eh...Last year it scored us the best CB iin the draft, or the 1st CB taken etc....

----Is it me or do you feel ROBBED/SCREWED/DCKED OVER? We sucked waaaay more then to be picking 11th.. that 5-0 start... HAHAHA<<((Laughter of pathetic suffering)),,,we won 2 games since week 6. OYE! We looked absolutely pathetic today & the last well most o' the year.. We looked awesome against KC & i thought we btch smac ked the Jets but man did we blow chunks most of the year after week 6...Trent looked AWFUL today. Just A-W-****-L..Best player out there today probably played his last game for us today...GRR!

--11th is a great GREAT pick,,but freaking mediocre considering that we are pathetic.. Imagine if it we're like the draft we picked Parrish & Preston & Everett...NO 1ST ROUNDER!!!

--So how many picks do we have? Did we lose anyone via FA last year to warrant any comps? What did we pay for Stroud?

patmoran2006
12-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I dont think we've lost any of our 2009 picks ..

TigerJ
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I thought the tie breaker for draft position was strength of schedule and after that was a coin flip. I know head to head is normally the first tiebreaker for playoff eligibility. Either way, I think the Bills may end up picking 10th.

DraftBoy
12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
We are at least guaranteed 11th now, but with a SD win, I believe we will pick 10th.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought the tie breaker for draft position was strength of schedule and after that was a coin flip. I know head to head is normally the first tiebreaker for playoff eligibility. Either way, I think the Bills may end up picking 10th.

Ah yes, my mistake above, it is S.O.S.

I'm not sure who had a tougher schedule on the season.

I would guess and say us because our division was better than theirs.

m1orenz
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
head to head doesnt matter for draft picks

TigerJ
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
At the moment, San Diego seems to be handling Denver. That means a spot for Buffalo in any case.

m1orenz
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
the bills opponents have 115 wins, and SF's has 128 wins. So the bills are ahead of them

Marvelous
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
bah..My bad if it's not head -to- head..Gayness. San Fran beat us & beat us with a pathetic/mediocre QB & reminded us how booty we are. Just in case any of us we're having any doubts, or thoughts of a late rune etc..& they get to pick ahead of us.. :limp:

--I'm thinking LB & i'm thinking OSU. So ima thinking that's too early right? bah! I'm headed over to the POZ hate thread..I'll decide as i read the thread if i'm gonna be supportive or neg nancy..I like POz,but he underachieved..oye OT!!

TigerJ
12-28-2008, 09:01 PM
the bills opponents have 115 wins, and SF's has 128 wins. So the bills are ahead of them

I came up with different numbers: 116 for Bills opponents and 112 for San Francisco's I'm sure by tomorrow some draft website will have done the math for us to give ust the draft order for all non-playoff teams. That's soon enough for me to know whether we pick 10 or 11.

Jeff1220
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
It doesn't really matter anyway, they'll figure out a way to screw it up while the 2 teams before and 2 teams after knock their picks out of the park.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
We're tied with SF right now, so are we picking 10th or 11th. I know they beat us heads up and they're possibly the only other 7-win team, but is that the tiebreaker in draft position?

I know SD is playing now and obviously want them to win... If they do, we're picking either 10th or 11th.

If SD loses, we could pick as low as 12th.

Anyone know where we stand?
we'll be picking 10 as long as the Chargers can hold onto their lead

Throne Logic
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
11 is fine with me. Any higher and the risk:reward ratio is too lopsided toward the negative. After the top 10, the salaries drop from unfathomable to just flat out insane for employees with ZERO experience.

I'm on the record as believing the draft is extremely overrated in regards to finding that special difference maker. If you're a business owner, do you make a huge investment in someone with a strong resume or toss it toward a college kid who's only real NFL accomplishment so far is to be a name on a whiteboard? I believe the draft should be focused on building the foundation of the team and I'd be happy to trade that pick straight up for a strong veteran in the 27-29 y/o range who's proven they can get the job done in a similar system to whatever Buffalo decides to use next season. Not that I see any options at this point, but a solid seasoned Center would be a nice option here.

SquishDaFish
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes as of now thanx to SF we are 11th if SD wins we are 10th

tat2dmike77
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Does it really matter?

These tards will just screw it up anyway.

tat2dmike77
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
bah..My bad if it's not head -to- head..Gayness. San Fran beat us & beat us with a pathetic/mediocre QB & reminded us how booty we are. Just in case any of us we're having any doubts, or thoughts of a late rune etc..& they get to pick ahead of us.. :limp:

--I'm thinking LB & i'm thinking OSU. So ima thinking that's too early right? bah! I'm headed over to the POZ hate thread..I'll decide as i read the thread if i'm gonna be supportive or neg nancy..I like POz,but he underachieved..oye OT!!

Are you drunk? Or do you just have a british accent when you type?

Borosai
12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Year after year after year after ye...

But I'll be excited to see who they end up picking anyway.