PDA

View Full Version : If it's all about spending lots of money....

trapezeus
12-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Why are the Jets,Cowboys, redskins, and Patriots sitting at home this playoff season? It's a little enjoyable, no?

It's not about spending a ton of money, but it's about knowing who to spend it on and how to create a team atmosphere. That's the art that the big money guys don't get. And it's the art that the wilsons/mike brown's don't get.

meanwhile, if we took john fox back in 2001 instead of gregg williams who knows what could have happened.

OpIv37
12-28-2008, 11:53 PM
The teams that win are the teams that spend on guys who perform EVERY game.

The myth of Ralph being cheap on players has been largely dispelled. The problem is that he forks out dough for players who don't get the job done, and that comes right back to the Bills' lackluster FO.

This organization is ****ing rotted from the top down.

trapezeus
12-28-2008, 11:58 PM
i don't think it's ralph being too cheap. i think he thinks he knows football. hence why he screwed up with not just polian but butler as well. he lets his big head get in the way. and he's too dense to udnerstand that the game has changed since his team was last respectable. He still thinks its all about the players.

it's about the coaches and the systems. players come and go. there are handful of studs, none of which we have at any position, yet he's paid them because he believed or was lead to believe they were worth it.

I do think he doesn't want to break the bank of the coaches. but he's got to realize that he needs to bring in a qualified GM and coach and everything else will fall into his budget correctly.

thenry20
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Why are the Jets,Cowboys, redskins, and Patriots sitting at home this playoff season? It's a little enjoyable, no?

It's not about spending a ton of money, but it's about knowing who to spend it on and how to create a team atmosphere. That's the art that the big money guys don't get. And it's the art that the wilsons/mike brown's don't get.

meanwhile, if we took john fox back in 2001 instead of gregg williams who knows what could have happened.

I can live w/o the high priced FA or coaches but one area we should not skimp on is the collegiate scouting dept. There you find the best and pay them double! This is how you assemble a winning dynasty.